Valentine Color Granny Ghan

shuttlebuggy

:yay SHE LOVED IT!!! :yay and it totally made her day, as she shared she was having a hard time yesterday as Valentine's Day had been she & her ex's anniversary... I am so glad she ended for her what was a difficult day, being able to wrap herself with the ghan and the love it comes with  :manyheart  :hug  :manyheart 

I love the way it looks but not understanding... can you explain the chain rows a little more? would love to try it! Thanks

Sure Sopo! - For a chained interval between the rows of the 3 dc groupings -  when I come around over them I make a chain 3 and sc in between each grouping of 3 dc's below, when I come around a second time - I chain 3 again and sc in the chain 3 space of the first row of chain I just made around.

Normally it would make a lacey effect and create more of linear windowpane effect instead of a staggered granny. Plus it creates a chain 3 space in which to crochet your next round or color change of 3 dc groupings.

*You can see what I mean best on the Light Pink Rows of the ghan, the chaining you are asking about shows up clearest on that color*

On the corners I crochet a chain 2 into the corner space of the typical two 3 dc groupings that are located there to make a corner, by adding the chain 2 there on both chained rounds.

Hope this helps ;)   

Archived