Valentine Color Granny Ghan

shuttlebuggy

Here is my finished granny ghan - I used a couple ideas I got from a few of the motifs in Annie's Attic 101 Granny Squares, in order to make a large ghan and not just small motifs as in the pattern book.

I put 2 rows of chains between each row for more of a windowpane look to it.

post-10396-0-56502300-1360027977_thumb.jpgpost-10396-0-88221500-1360027940_thumb.jpg

So this ghan will be a complete surprise to my new next door neighbor who's a older single lady.  She was soo nice to us when we moved in and comes for coffee and visiting with us.

Hope she likes this yarn Valentine :manyheart

I'm sure she'll LOVE it!  It's beautiful!  Your stitches look so perfect and even, she is sure to fall in love with it!  The colors look great together, too! 

Thank you all for your kind words - tho' I must admit it's getting hard now to wait till the 14th to give it to her :manyheart

I realized now in looking at the pics that the 2 chained rows between each row look much nicer in person and when the ghan is held up have a "lacier appearance".

I really enjoyed doing this kind of "granny" instead of the typical as it doesn't have the large gaps between the 3 st groupings  so it feels alot warmer and thicker.

Again thanks for looking! :hug

That is just AweSommmmmmme!!!!  She should absolutely love it!!  I like the colors you used, and I agree, I like the way the stitches don't have such a gap between.  Should be very snuggly!  

Archived