Hi! I'm Deedles from West Virginia

Deedles

Hi, everyone. I'm writing today to ask for some help with a stitch in a pattern from Crochet Magazine July 2011, Firecracker Tote. I'm interested in the diagonal stitchI The pattern states in Row 12 of the Body, to "allow colors to move 1 st to create a diagonal illusion". I've given my permission but they aren't moving  correctly! I know this is probably simple, but my feeble brain is not grasping this instruction. I've been crocheting since I was five years old, and am embarrassed to present this. So please help me. Thanks. Deedles

I don't have the pattern, but is it worked in the round? If it is, and you're changing colors--let's say it's dark blue and gold, for some reason, seeing as you're in WV--you could work one extra stitch in Color 1 on the second round, pick up the pattern, etc. Some stitch patterns try to do that on their own, and it sounds as if the designer is saying "let it happen."

Hello from Bluefield,WV.   Have you tired looking on YouTube for a tutorial on that stitch. I use YouTube frequently for things like that.   :rose  :rose 

• 5 months later...

Archived