Scoodie

crabby rat

I made this Rainbow Dash scoodie for my husband, and he loves it!  I used this pattern for the inspiration, and modified it slightly.  I didn't double the yarn for the hood portion... I didn't make a separate pocket and instead made the scarf part longer so I could simply fold it over for the pocket... and I didn't put the paw prints on the pockets because first of all, this is a pony instead of a cat, so no paws... and secondly, since the scarf is done in rainbow colors I felt that was enough to keep the eyes busy without anything additional being added... Rainbow Dash has a cutie mark on her flanks which I placed on the sides of the hood since there isn't a "flank" to put them on... and I added a mane and adjusted the ears slightly, hoping for a more "pony" look instead of "kitty".  This pattern is a wonderful one to work, and I especially love the foundation double crochet stitch to get things going!  :D

post-25611-0-55332600-1359752427_thumb.jpg

post-25611-0-96098200-1359752443_thumb.jpg

post-25611-0-11313100-1359752468_thumb.jpg

I have looked at this a bunch of times and that pic of your hubby with his scoodie makes me smile every time!

He said to tell you he's glad it does; every time he looks at it, it makes him smile, too (he's talking about the actual scoodie, of course, not his picture...)  :lol

• 1 month later...

Archived