Gardener

Problems with replying

Gee, I entered a response last night from home and don't see it.  I tried used my Internet Explorer directly at home instead of AOL and still no arrow or smilies.  I guess I will keep playing around to see if I can figure it out.

Where the heck is the reply to this post option? I can't change font or color either and the only option I see is Post.

Ok I found the Reply to this post way back at the top of the page but that still doesn't allow me to change the font or color or even add smileys. What's up with that? I could do it 3 days ago and now I can't.

Edited by kittyloverdeb

Gee, I entered a response last night from home and don't see it.  I tried used my Internet Explorer directly at home instead of AOL and still no arrow or smilies.  I guess I will keep playing around to see if I can figure it out.

Didn't you say you were using IE 7? You may have to upgrade to the current Version 9 for things to work properly.

Where the heck is the reply to this post option? I can't change font or color either and the only option I see is Post.

Ok I found the Reply to this post way back at the top of the page but that still doesn't allow me to change the font or color or even add smileys. What's up with that? I could do it 3 days ago and now I can't.

Have you accidentally clicked the toolbar toggle switch in the right hand side of the post reply box? If there is a little triangle in the upper right side, click it. It should open the toolbar for you.

notoolbox.png

If you're using an iPad or iPhone, due to limitations of their software, they can't display the toolbar. All you get is a blank box. You have to handcode any bbcode you want to use to change font size, color, etc.

If these aren't the problem, log off, clear your browser's cookies and cache, close the browser, reopen it, then try to log back on.

If that doesn't fix things, let me know which browser and operating system you're using (including versions).

Well what do you know!  I guess I must have clicked that Amy at some time...very strange!  Thanks for the "fix"!  I'm a happy girl again!   :manyheart 

Glad that worked! I love it when there's a quick and easy fix to someone's problem!