NOT the trinity stitch, but similar

CBzzz

Question

I was given these instructions:

(instructions to make a swatch of it)
Ch 24
Row 1: SC in 2nd ch from hook;*insert hook in same ch as last st worked and draw up a loop, insert hook in next ch and draw up a loop, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook*. Repeat from * across. 23 st at end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st, *insert hook in same ch as last st worked and draw up a loop, insert hook in next ch and draw up a loop, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook*. Repeat from * across.
Repeat row 2 till swatch measures 9 inches.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I didn't know what stitch it was, so I did some research online and came across the trinity stitch directions. http://www.yarntomato.com/tutorials/trinity-stitch-tutorial/ .  But the difference is the trinity stitch ends up with 4 loops on the hook (an extra stitch), and the instructions given to me only have 3.  What is the name of the stitch that I listed the instructions for above? 

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I think it's the Paired Stitch as listed by the Crochet Stitch Bible.  It describes it a little differently, but the result sounds the same - all SC2TOG but the first stitch of each pair is the last stitch of the last one.

I just went to see if I could find that stitch online and it just so happens that this page (63) of the book is one of the pages the publisher offers 'peek' at online.  The book says 2SCTOG, not SC2TOG; I think the latter is more common?.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Fya8u4s9Lt4C&pg=PA63&lpg=PA63&dq=paired+crochet+stitch&source=bl&ots=3yBPqDrL_8&sig=Qmi2UWwHrzZVeYXGHPxu2eoLs7s&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nPwKUYjuFOveigLN6oGoBw&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=paired%20crochet%20stitch&f=false

Thank you, I will look at it.

Why I am researching.... a friend was given these instructions from JoAnn's (yes.. the JoAnn Fabric store, you know the classes you can take there), but the paper says it is the SC extended stitch.  Now, no way is that a single crochet extended LOL.  So I thought I'd look online to see what that stitch actually was, for her.

I showed your link to my friend and she said that was it!  Yes, my friend just started teaching crochet classes there and fortunately she did not have to teach this stitch.  She told whoever is over the classes about the stitch.  LOL 

Archived