Birthday Display--They're Back!

Amy

We're very sorry to make this announcement, but we've had to (hopefully temporarily) disable the display of birthdays on our main forum index page.

Currently, everyone's entire birthday (and age) displays in the main forum index page, despite any privacy settings they may have had in place on vBulletin. We don't feel that is right. So for now, we don't feel we should be displaying this information publicly.

We have a support ticket in to see if the vBulletin privacy settings can somehow be restored.

We've also asked for a filter so we could choose to display birthdays only for those who have logged into their account in the past (X) number of days.

Birthday Privacy Settings Here

You can change your birthday privacy settings here. Just go in to your settings (link under arrow by your name in the black bar at top of any page) and scroll down until you see the Birthday section. You can change month, date, or year, by selecting the very first option in each pull down menu.

If you hide your birth year, if we're ever able to restore the birthday feature, it would display only your name and not your age. Theoretically, that is. I'm also assuming that if you hid all three, your name would not appear on the birthday list.

Alternative: Forum Birthday

In the event we aren't able to bring the birthday list back anytime soon, what do you think about celebrating people's forum birthday's instead? I can install a plug in to recognize people on the anniversary date of the day they joined the forum.

Let me know what you think about this option.

I'm not sure this option comes with a filter either, but at least we can celebrate members!

You all have done so much to "keep us together" ! :manyheart   If not showing birthdays or where we're from...or the font choices have changed...or  anything else doesn't work the way it used to,  we should all just be happy that we have the 'ville to come to!  Thank you, Ladies. ♥♥♥

You all have done so much to "keep us together" ! :manyheart   If not showing birthdays or where we're from...or the font choices have changed...or  anything else doesn't work the way it used to,  we should all just be happy that we have the 'ville to come to!  Thank you, Ladies. ♥♥♥

I wholeheartedly agree.  Thank you Amy and Donna for doing your best to keep us together!  We have a home to come to and that is what counts.  That being said, if you can't get the birthdays worked out I think it would be fun to celebrate our forum anniversary!

Update: I've installed the Forum Anniversaries mod, but it's not very user-friendly at the moment. I've temporarily disabled it.

It displays EVERYBODY, and they're organized by the date the person joined the forum. It's not very useful, since it's too difficult to find those who have been logged on recently.

I have a request into the developer of this plug in to see if he can give me code so I can at least display only those members who have logged in to their account within the last X number of days.

We'll see!

Just throwing this out...would it be possible to mass-delete everybody's birthday, then allow the birthday re-input for month and day only?  Or hard code the year to the current year or 0000 or-? That way it helps with privacy and you'd only have birthdays for recent visitors, at least for a while.

The birthday list is back! :yay

I found, purchased, and installed a plug-in that gives us everything we wanted: Ages don't show.

It's supposed to filter by date of last activity, but that part's not working right now. I've requested help from the product developer.

The list shows at the very bottom of the main forum index.

The birthday list is back! :yay

I found, purchased, and installed a plug-in that gives us everything we wanted: Ages don't show.

It's supposed to filter by date of last activity, but that part's not working right now. I've requested help from the product developer.

The list shows at the very bottom of the main forum index.

thank you so much Amy!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived