heelp confusing pattern instructions

littlemissfubar

Question

Can any one simplify a crochet pattern please?

I'm stumped as to what exactly I shouldbe doing for the next part of this pattern can anyone explain it a bit simpler for me please?

*1sp.5trs. in next st. 1sp.1tr* repeat from* to * 4 more times, miss the next 28 sts. 5trs in 29th st then it reapeats itself. I don't fully under stand what it means by 1sp.1tr and how do I miss the sts it wants me to? do I slip stitch and cut the yarn or just skip them and contine stitching to pull it together? any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

6 answers to this question

Can any one simplify a crochet pattern please?

I'm stumped as to what exactly I shouldbe doing for the next part of this pattern can anyone explain it a bit simpler for me please?

*1sp.5trs. in next st. 1sp.1tr* repeat from* to * 4 more times, miss the next 28 sts. 5trs in 29th st then it reapeats itself. I don't fully under stand what it means by 1sp.1tr and how do I miss the sts it wants me to? do I slip stitch and cut the yarn or just skip them and contine stitching to pull it together? any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

welcome to the ville :hook

Apparently "1sp" is telling you to make one space, which is probably a chain or several chains.  This seems like an odd way to say that.  Most patterns I've seen would say 1ch (or 2ch, or 3ch, whatever the number of chains are that make the space) instead of 1sp.  

To miss the 28 std, yes just skip over them and stitch in the 29th stitch, and you are right it will pull together.  this is probably making an armhole or something similar.

Tell us the name and source of the pattern, someone may have it to refer to.  if it is free online you can link to it.  

i bought this pattern but its hasnt got any reference number or anything. the pattern is for a coat so it must be refering to arm holes :-) so the 1sp means chain 1? why cant they ever make these things a little clearer. thanks for the advise will let ya know how it goes :-) :-) 

This sounds like it's in UK/Austrailian terms by the wording, if you are not in the US then 'never mind'.  In the US 'skip' is more commonly used than 'miss'.  If you are in the US, you'll need to be aware that the stitch terms are different.  UK triple = US double.

Some patterns have a special stitches definition at the beginning of the pattern, some at the end.  Have you peeked at the end?  Maybe it defines sp? 

Archived