Your Suggestions for Our New Look

Amy

Now I have darkened the line separating each thread (in the list of threads) in each forum and in View New Content.

Also in the list of threads, I have changed the white background for "read" threads from white to the same color as the posts background (the soft bluish white I pulled from the old forum).

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have kind of a silly question but...when I log out I have no problem at all.  When I come back I never log back in.  I click my Crochetville shortcut and I'm already logged on.  Is this normal?

Yes, it's normal. It worked the same way on the old forum, too.

If you click the "Remember Me" button when you login, then create a bookmark/shortcut, your login information has been stored in the cookie the forum software creates on your computer. When you click that shortcut again, you are automatically logged in to the forum.

Because of this, whenever you are using a computer that is not your own (a friend's, a shared computer at work, a library computer, etc.), you should be sure NEVER to click that Remember Me button. Only click the Remember Me button at log in when you are using your own computer.

Amy and Donna, please don't get discouraged if we complain too much about this or that!  I personally think you both have gone above and beyond anything we could have expected to please the Villagers!!  And the Crochetville site gets better looking every time I open it up!  Way to go!! You're both terrific!!

How is the width now? I think you should find it similar to the old forum.

I am on a large desktop screen and I don't see much difference, but it wasn't bothering me anyway.  Not sure why I don't see something different.

Amy and Donna, please don't get discouraged if we complain too much about this or that!  I personally think you both have gone above and beyond anything we could have expected to please the Villagers!!  And the Crochetville site gets better looking every time I open it up!  Way to go!! You're both terrific!!

Thank you so much, Colette! :hug

Even though it isn't always easy hearing criticism, I am glad people are voicing their opinions. I think the forum looks much better after I implemented some of the suggestions members have made. So, please keep letting us know what you want! :yes

I am on a large desktop screen and I don't see much difference, but it wasn't bothering me anyway.  Not sure why I don't see something different.

There is just more of the crocheted background showing to the left and right, which makes the center (text) area less wide.

Thanks so much! It's nice to know our efforts are appreciated, because trying to meet all the requests has been a little overwhelming at times.

We're happy to do what we can to make sure as many people as possible continue to enjoy the new Crochetville. We've appreciated everyone being patient with us as we implement the changes we can make.

While we can't please everyone, since some people want opposite things, we'll try to please as many as we can!

Even though it isn't always easy hearing criticism, I am glad people are voicing their opinions. I think the forum looks much better after I implemented some of the suggestions members have made. So, please keep letting us know what you want! :yes

And it helps that you weren't actually criticizing US or something we designed. Everyone was just not quite satisfied with the default look of the IPS software. :)

Speak up, everyone! :lol

If Donna has implemented some of the cosmetic changes that you requested, please let us know what you think about them. Are you satisfied? Could something still be improved upon?

I think we're getting closer to a final product that most people can be happy with, and hopefully those who aren't (with any luck, very few) can at least live with for now and hopefully learn to like one day! :yes

It is feeling more like home everyday.

That is great to hear! :yay

Please continue to let us know if there is anything else we can do to make it feel like home. :yes

The font is much easier to read so thank you! :manyheart

I also like the light blue background and the stronger line before signatures. And the narrower screen, too! This is much, much better IMO. :cheer

I am adjusting to where the poster's name is located above their posting.  My only complain is I wish there was a stronger contrast between the name and the background.  I know my eyes are getting older and I am in the need of new glasses but I still feel a stronger contrast would be better for everyone. 

If I had to change one thing, it would be those tiny little stars next to threads you've posted on. They're so tiny (and slightly rounded) that they look awfully similar to the regular bullets. I have to really focus to see the difference. Could we make them more obvious, maybe a different color, or a more pointy star?

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!! :yay:cheer:clap So happy to say I logged in today to see the colour change and it's been narrowed slightly I think too and it's great!!!! I can read it easily again and am looking to forward to browsing while I have a spare hour of time up my sleeve today!! Great job!!

And I didn't mean to criticise your team about "modernising" had no idea it was template software forcing you to it's all good lol.

Keep up the great work guys!! :hug:ty

I do appreciate the softer background.  :ty

I have been wondering if Pinterest is going to be enabled again. 

Photobucket has not allowed Pinning so I have counted on the Ville to be able to post links (pins) to my Dora patterns.

This is sooooooo not a priority but just a wishlist item.

Darski, the Pinterest button is on the list. But it's going to require some complex coding changes to the software.

So far, nobody at IPS, either their official company tech support or unofficial developers, has been able to provide any guidance.

For now, you can pin stuff. It's just a little more cumbersome than when using a pin button. First, copy the URL of the thread you want to post a picture from. Then go to Pinterest and click their add pin button. Paste that URL into the box in the pop-up window and follow the standard Pinterest procedure from there.

Slowly but surely, my brain has figured out around a little better. I am fairly new to the forums, and I have a hard time finding things I do love that EVERYthing possible we could want to know is here...somewhere, LOL, had  to stick a little humor in.,  You have done  a amazing job here. I can't even begin to imagine the time you have spent on this site.  Thank you

Amy and Donna, I appreciate you letting us know that you had to change Crochetville due to out of date software. I'm not fond of major changes but I understand the necessary of it. Thank you both for all the hard work you are putting in to make this a better site.

I do miss being able to see the new contents by forum. There are some forums I'm not as interested in others and when I'm short on time, I like to skip them and just go to the ones I'm more interested in. If it is not possible to sort by forum, could you at least change the color of the name of the forum so that it stands out a bit. I see the name of the thread then everything is grey under that.

Also the spell check is not working for me. I'm usine IE8 and Windows XP (which I'm going to have to update shortly). I do have another spell checker on my computer that I'm using but it causes problems at times.

Thanks again.

Also the spell check is not working for me. I'm usine IE8 and Windows XP (which I'm going to have to update shortly). I do have another spell checker on my computer that I'm using but it causes problems at times.

Thanks again.

There is no option to organize threads by forum. However, you CAN choose to filter by forum. Go to New Content, and scroll all the way down. On the left is a link to filter by forum: you can select only those forums you want to check. The threads will appear organized by date of last post, but at least you'll only be seeing threads from the folders you're most interested in.

Unfortunately, spell check just doesn't seem to play right with IPS and IE. It doesn't work for me with IE, but it does work with Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.

It's not just our forum that has this problem. Others running IPS forums have reported the same thing. Spell check works for some users and not for others, even though they are using the same browser, same settings, and same operating system. Unfortunately IPB has marked this as "not a bug" saying that it can't be replicated.

So if you want to use spell check, the only fix we can offer is to use a different browser if you can find one that works with your computer. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved somehow in an upcoming release of IPS.

Archived