Which Crochet Mag is Your Favorite?

carrieanne

My favorite is Annie's Favorite Crochet. It has a lot of different projects each month from clothing to afghans to doilys , etc. I get all my subscriptions ( quite a few!) thru this site:http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/index.html

They give you the best price online for all magazines and I have ordered all of mine online and have had no problems with any of the companies involved. You can't beat the prices.

Another good magazine for beginner's is Crochet World. It also offers a variety of patterns.

Wendyb532

will say this .. lately i have let all my subscriptions run out I have been THAT disappointed in every last one of them .. too bad Interweave only puts their crochet version out once a year .. that would be a GREAT subscription to have..

My suggestion if you can .. get to a book store and look thru all the ones you can .. then try to make a decision from that.. every one here is going to have a different opinion because it really depends on what you like making .. and your personal taste and style..

That's a hard one. My favorite was Crochet Fantasy, not as much now. I subscriptions to Hooked on Crochet, Crochet!, Crochet World and Crochet Fantasy...It varies each issue which one is my favorite. I might try Quick and Easy Crochet too. Ebay is a great source for subscriptions, that's why I subscribe to a few...

will say this .. lately i have let all my subscriptions run out I have been THAT disappointed in every last one of them .. too bad Interweave only puts their crochet version out once a year .. that would be a GREAT subscription to have..

My suggestion if you can .. get to a book store and look thru all the ones you can .. then try to make a decision from that.. every one here is going to have a different opinion because it really depends on what you like making .. and your personal taste and style..

I agree with Elizabeth. I'm letting all my crochet magazine subscriptions run out as they just aren't keeping up with the trends. I'll keep my knitting subscriptions as when they do have crochet patterns, they are up-to-date & stylish. I'll buy my crochet mags at the bookstore from now on once I've looked thru them and make sure they are worth my money.

Do you remember when there were at least a dozen or so great crochet magazines? Now it seems there are only a handful and they aren't that great.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Australia and it was very difficult to get crochet mags here for many years. Eventually i found an american mag when a friend was cleaning out her stuff and wrote away to an old advertisement through that i discovered Annies Attic and thought i was in heaven. A few years later i found an old issue of Crochet World, i learn't so much over the years from it. I won prizes in shows and taught others what i had learned. Crochet Fantasy and any other US publcations i could lay my hands on. Sadly i've out grown Crochet World and will be ending my subscription soon but i will always be grateful i found it cause it made my crochet experience sweeter. Do look around at markets and old book shops there are many treasures waiting to be discovered.:cheer Jacqui

I absolutely love Crochet! Magazine. Even though there are times that I won't end up making something in an issue, each one always seems to have new and exciting things to do. The only downside to this mag is that I think they could find more projects to do that don't cost an arm and a leg. Some of these projects, done with the yarn suggested would run into $50 even $100 a project. I simply cannot afford that so if the sky is the limit money wise, it's great but if you're pinching pennies like me then you may do better looking elsewhere...

So far the FCEC Mag that came out a couple of months ago is the best Mag I have ever bought. There are so many great projects that I can actually do...

I didn't care for Annie's Attich for the simple fact that most of the projects in the one issue I got were mostly thread projects and didn't have options for more than 2 sizes...

Good luck with your search!

I subscribe to about 5 crochet mags and my absolute favorite is Crochet! I've made quite a few of their items...including the After 5 jacket (in red) and the evening bolero that was shown in a blackish jewel box yarn from Canon and I did that in more of a reddish color (same type yarn though...) They have the nicest patterns for the more experienced crocheter...but I do like all the magazines I get...and fortunately I think I've at least made one or two items out of each magazine...there was a cool kitty doilie recently in one of the small pocket sized Annie's magazines that I made like in a week...it turned into the kitty memorial doilie as our beloved Yoda passed on, but also many other beloved kitties among family and friends had passed on as well...so each kitty represents one of those kitties...

Still Crochet! is my favorite.

Ditto...the only subscription I have is crochet fantasy and that's because I USED to love them prior to them getting under new management. I'm letting it run out! I look in the craft stores and grocery markets for individual magazines on crochet and if I like that particular issue, then I buy that.

I am new to crochet but I bought a copy of both the 2004 and 2005 special issue of Interweave Knits for Crochet and I have read them from cover to cover.

There are lots of cool patterns in these, particularly if you're looking for garments.

I think one other person commmented on the advertising which I agree is quite good. The ads actually led me to a lot of great yarn links as well as some good free patterns on the web.

I really recommend Interweave Crochet and hope that they start publishing it more frequently

I did subscribe to Crochet! and Crochet Fantasy, and I don't like either one of them anymore. :angry If you check out the link for Crochet Fantasy, you'll see I'm not alone. I have been noticing that the knitting magazines I get with crochet projects in them have been more appealing. Except for a few once a year mags that don't offer subscriptions, I haven't found a keeper. If Better homes and Gardens Simply Creative Crochet or Family Circle Crochet offer a subscription anytime soon, I'd say to get one.:hook

Archived