Sunset Spectrum...AKA 12 tentacle yarn monster

mva5493

Just finishing up the ends on this afghan.  It is going to be a gift for my Dad.  When I asked him what his favorite color was he said the color of the sky at sunset.  So I went in search of yarn and a pattern to make him an afghan.  It took several trips to several yarn stores to find exactly what I was looking for.  I also went through three patterns before finding the right one.....I  should have known it would be a round ripple,  I seem to gravitate towards those.  The pattern is available at The Croochet Crowd.com.   It's call spectrum round afghan.  I wanted a flowing color pattern so I choose to double strand as well as blend the colors.  I am calling it 12 tentacle yarn monster because I used a total of 24 skeins of yarn.  Varying from the smallest (2 oz)  up to the largest 6 oz.  I used Vanna's choice, caron simply soft, loops and threads impeccable and charisma,, hobby lobby i love this yarn sport, yarn bee soft secret, fleischers (vintage), red heart soft and two small balls of mystery yarn from my stash.   More details will be on my blog soon.  

Enough rambling,  time for pictures........attachment=62203:HPIM2660.JPG]

post-7445-0-19375200-1359494960_thumb.jpg

post-7445-0-31486700-1359494762_thumb.jpg

Just got back from the post office, so it is on it's way  Now time to stalk the usps web site for progress updates  This afghan is a surprise, so I will be worried until it makes it there safely!  MaryJo I don't  know how you do this each month, my nerves couldn't handle it

Thanks for the comments, they are always appreciated!

the afghan is at the post office ,  Dad is going to pick it up today!  I used to think I had patience.  I don't believe I do anymore,  the waiting is driving me crazy!  

Thanks for all the nice comments,  I really hope he likes it.

Just talked to Dad.... He loved it!!!!  I am so happy with his reaction.  Oh this is certainly a part of why we do what it is we do.  thanks for all nice comments on this very special afghan for me.

Simply beautiful! I love the round ripples too. I got "hooked" on them for a while and had to make a big effort to make some other kind of afghan. You did a great job and the use of color is fantastic.

Simply beautiful! I love the round ripples too. I got "hooked" on them for a while and had to make a big effort to make some other kind of afghan. You did a great job and the use of color is fantastic.

Thank you. I do stitch others, but I find myself going back to this pattern over and over and over again :) I have't counted them up lately but I think I made between 30 and 40 of them using different patterns to keep it interesting.  The pattern on this one was one I had not used before. 

Archived