kidge

Starts with a ... Swap 2013 - Sign Ups are Open

Kidge, I am so happy to be your partner.  We never really chat and now its time to really get to know each other!!!  yeah

Hiyas Chrissy! I just got home, about to read the email you sent. Looking forward to getting to know you! What an exciting time this will be! :hug

I'm so sorry I was late for this one. I was really thinking I might like to do this one this year. I saw it last year and just kinda stalked. I was reading the 2013 wish lists list and saw that it's a minimum $25. So it's probably good I didn't make it in time.

ok i dug out a knitting pattern that i have been wanting to make...it matches the target letter...but uses a few techniques that i have not learned yet...long tail cast on, knitting in the round and picking up stitches. But i really want to make this. I am off to get my circular needles out and a good tutorial on long tail cast on. I will succeed!

ok i dug out a knitting pattern that i have been wanting to make...it matches the target letter...but uses a few techniques that i have not learned yet...long tail cast on, knitting in the round and picking up stitches. But i really want to make this. I am off to get my circular needles out and a good tutorial on long tail cast on. I will succeed!

OOOH sounds intriguing! :) Best of luck to you on your knitting adventure! 

My first sweater .. made this this weekend;) 

Still need to wash and block it .. but I love the colors 

post-7666-0-13402800-1359946821_thumb.jpg

Edited by kidge
  • Like 1

Knitting adventure is moving along...slowly but moving thanks to an early morning call to my experienced knitting sister. Some shopping checked off my list. Now to figure out how to fit some things into the target letter. I have to go to Joann's again...perhaps tomorrow morning before i bring my granddaughter home...but maybe after i do that and before i pick up DD for her appointment.  I know that some things will be picked up on grocery day Tuesday. Well back to knitting and watching the game.

My first sweater .. made this this weekend;) 

Still need to wash and block it .. but I love the colors 

Wow - you did a great job and you finished it over the weekend - you must be a very fast crocheter

I just ordered two things for Kidge.  Yeah, I am getting there.  This is a lot of fun!!!    :cheer

Wow great minds.. but it appears you are a few hours ahead of me !   I put in an order too .... woo

when you can't find the pattern that speaks to you...design your own! So design finished and am now hooking it. A few more things to hook up once child support arrives this week some more shopping. maybe a bit more knitting. Having fun fitting things into the target letter.

Having so much fun that i even got my sister involved in helping me fit things to the target letter. Tiffany and I are getting to know each other and i am snooping on her etsy, ravelry and facebook for ideas. This is so much fun! :clap

Chrissy, you sneaky devil! LOL I admit I am snooping as well. I've got a hoard of ideas and I'm starting to get several things lined out for you. I'm glad that you're back online after the snow storm. Missed chatting with you! 

I have been searching and have some very nice items packed away!!  It's coming together ;)

I planned on going shopping Saturday but I am a clutz and ended up catching my toes with the door and sat at home bleeding instead.   I hope to pick up a few items but I want to find the right items  so no rushing I have been having a great time chatting with Janet !!

How's ya'll package coming along ?

This thread has been very quiet, I just figured everyone was chatting offline.

Ouch Kidge - I am still recovering from my fall!!!  Too bad we didn't live closer, we could nurse each other back to health.

I have been wrapping your stuff.  I am taking a gift wrapping class and it's alot of fun.  The problem is that it works well if the item was in a box.  Since mine aren't, or I should say yours, it's harder to do, but I am having fun anyway.

Time to go for my walk.

Feel better

Tiffany and I have been chatting in email and facebook. I think I am just about done making...i thnk. Now just to wait for payday to buy a few more things then ship it out. of course payday is March first so shipping will possibly be March 2.

Hi everyone.. I am coming along okay with this swap, but I am a little stuck I suppose. Does anyone have any ideas for the letter G? I don't know why I am having trouble this time. A lot of what I have thought of is food related. LOL

Gray, great, Grands, Gummy Bears, Gold, G hook, Greek, galaxy (stars & such), Godiva (chocolate), grape (flavor & color), groovy, giving... there are a few I could come up with :) Be creative... that's the best part! If you can explain how it fits the letter, then it should work! 

Thanks ladies! I was having swapper's block. It's like those times where you can't find your keys and you look and look... then finally you ask someone if they've seen them, only to reach into your pocket as you utter the words and find them! LOL Your suggestions are helpful and I talked to my partner and got some more good ideas. Thanks again!

I went out today and found a couple of things for my partner! I hope to get it all wrapped up this weekend and mail (if all goes as planned) on Monday! Let me say, I am really enjoying all the ways to make things "fit" in this swap. It's a challenge and a very unique way of being creative. 

A couple of things turned up for my partner today. :) Hoping to get out tomorrow to scour some shops for other bits :hug

In between grandbaby duty and working on sets for the high school's production of Peter Pan I have manages to knit something else for Tiffer...and something else is on the needles to go with it. I have one more thing to crochet and then finish shopping friday...my plan is to ship Saturday but if not then Monday before i go to my volunteering at the high school again for Peter pan this time for the day time box office in the school lobby. THis a is the busy time of year in my life with two kids in the music department, one who participates in play. These performances need parent help and i love to do it.