We're back!---READ THIS FIRST!

Donna

Previewing a thread/topic: If you're looking at a list of thread titles, hover your cursor a little to the right of a thread title. You'll see a little arrow graphic pop up. If you click on that arrow, you can preview the first post or two (depending on post length) in the thread in a pop-up window. You may have to click a little x to remove the preview.

Well that's neat.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is the patterns page here where we could add patterns.    I added some patterns and you accepted them   I was just looking for that page  

Go to the top of the page and there is a menu bar and its under Patterns

Are you planning on adding a filter to the display of birthdays so that we can see the members that have been active ?

If you hover over the name, it tells you all the info: last on, join date, number of posts.

Not exactly a filter and not super quick but it is better than click each name.  Hope that helps some. :)

I was wondering if animations will be able to work here eventually besides smileys?

This is scheduled to be in a future version of the software, but is not available now.

I'm still trying to learn how to do things but I can't figure out how to add a photo using a URL like from Flickr. I can attach a photo if it's on my hard drive but how do I bounce from my Flickr account?

I do love that we aren't limited to 100kb now on photos. It was always a pain to try and get the photos small enough to put on Crochetville. My only thought is the photos now are pretty small. Is there a setting you could increase so the photos were a bit bigger than they are now? I'm thinking it's something you could change on the site template software. If they could just be a bit larger, it sure would be nice. :)

I'm still trying to learn how to do things but I can't figure out how to add a photo using a URL like from Flickr. I can attach a photo if it's on my hard drive but how do I bounce from my Flickr account?

I do love that we aren't limited to 100kb now on photos. It was always a pain to try and get the photos small enough to put on Crochetville. My only thought is the photos now are pretty small. Is there a setting you could increase so the photos were a bit bigger than they are now? I'm thinking it's something you could change on the site template software. If they could just be a bit larger, it sure would be nice. :)

You can use bbcode. Each site will have a different place for getting the bbcode. Here is how to get it on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/help/sharing/#17025585

Which images are small? The thumbnails or the full-size photos? Within a post, you'll just see the thumbnail, but if you click on it, a window will pop up with the full size image.

Great job moving this huge forum in just a few days.

How can I edit entries under "Converted" in my User Profile?

Thanks!

Top black bar, click you user name, in the drop-down menu, click My Settings, scroll down and you will see the settings for converted profile fields. These were our custom profile fields on the old forum.

Thanks!

Top black bar, click you user name, in the drop-down menu, click My Settings, scroll down and you will see the settings for converted profile fields. These were our custom profile fields on the old forum.

Oops...I swear yesterday it wasn't there. Sorry, I better recheck next time.

Are you planning on adding a filter to the display of birthdays so that we can see the members that have been active ?

I'm not sure if we can do that or not. I'll be happy to check.

I was wondering if animations will be able to work here eventually besides smileys?

Where do you want to be able to use animated images? Avatar? Forum posts? Not sure we really want them in forum posts, as it gets very distracting when they start to be used a lot.

Oops...I swear yesterday it wasn't there. Sorry, I better recheck next time.

They weren't there when we first opened the forum. I don't remember whether I fixed the problem Sunday or Monday, though.

So you're not going crazy, in case you were wondering! :)

Am I the only old fuddy duddy who is saddened by the changes? I hate to think I'll have to work so hard to figure out a site I used to enjoy so much.

Some people embrace change quickly, others don't. Nothing wrong with that. If it helps, most people are usually fully up to speed with forum changes within a couple weeks at the most, if they use the forum regularly. So the worst will be behind you pretty soon. :)

But we couldn't stay the way we were. The software was end-of-life and was no longer going to be updated, even if spammers/hackers found new security holes to exploit. Believe me, it would be much more sad if we stayed on the old forum, got hacked, lost the entire site, and everyone's email addresses were exposed to spammers.

One more minor change

Villager 2012 Swap Hostess2012 RAOK Coordinator

Under the ladies that are hostesses, it should say 2013

thanks

Yes, that's another on the long list of things to take care of. :) Lots of things that don't take long to do on their own, but when there's a long list of them, couple with things that DO take a long time, well, it's just going to take us some time to work through them all.

We'll get everybody's dates taken care of before too much longer.

Everyone, if you notice little housekeeping things like Janet noticed (changing dates from 2012 to 2013 for our swap and RAOK hostesses), please let us know.

We may already know or it may be something we hadn't noticed yet. We won't mind if you tell us something that's already on our list. (And it might even motivate us to bump something up to higher priority! LOL)

Some people embrace change quickly, others don't. Nothing wrong with that. If it helps, most people are usually fully up to speed with forum changes within a couple weeks at the most, if they use the forum regularly. So the worst will be behind you pretty soon. :)

But we couldn't stay the way we were. The software was end-of-life and was no longer going to be updated, even if spammers/hackers found new security holes to exploit. Believe me, it would be much more sad if we stayed on the old forum, got hacked, lost the entire site, and everyone's email addresses were exposed to spammers.

Thanks for your response! I agree that the alternative would be far worse than adapting to the changes.

Sylvia, no you're not, I'm no fan of change either, but it is usually inevitable, so I've learned to just go with the flow, and try to find the good in every change. :2spin

So far, I'm surviving this change pretty well. I like some of the new functionality, and I love the mobile site (I can access Crochetville from work!). If I'm being honest, I don't like the fact that everything's so white and even. I'm used to seeing separate, light blue, contrasting boxes for posts, and this is very bright, with little separation (esp. with the signatures being so integrated within the posts). It's just harder to read, for me. But, I'll get used to it eventually. I hope you will too! :hug

Archived