We're back!---READ THIS FIRST!

Donna

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is all going to be so nice...when I figure it all out.  I do have a question if I may. Where can I find a list of my previous post?  

Thank you!

For your previous posts, go to the black bar at the very top, click on your user name, then in the drop-down menu choose My Content.

Have you noticed this new feature? When you're typing a response to a thread, and others are posting to the thread before you're finished, a little box pops up telling you there have been new posts and offering you a chance to read them before finishing your reply.

How cool is that?

That is cool!  and I like it so i clicked "like"...my first button click here!  

Now I am gonna be real brave and try to start a thread and post photos!  

thankyou for fixing the like buttons I love all the new features but I noticed on my last post that the header where you chane your font and color isn't working for me now. I am ok with that but thought that I better say something so you can look at that.

thankyou for fixing the like buttons I love all the new features but I noticed on my last post that the header where you chane your font and color isn't working for me now. I am ok with that but thought that I better say something so you can look at that.

The editor icons don't appear until you actually click in the quick reply box. Are you not seeing the editor icons? Or is there something else wrong with it?

The editor icons don't appear until you actually click in the quick reply box. Are you not seeing the editor icons? Or is there something else wrong with it?

well it is working now  so I will watch for that next time   thankyou  

Love the new look and I'm so, so, SO glad you all are up and running!  I can't believe how much I rely on this site for a few relaxing moments every day!  

Have a question tho...on the old site, I used to be able to go to "new posts" after I logged on.  Is there a way to do that now or do I need to pick specific topics?

Yay, I am just so happy to see Corchetville again, I did not realize how many times I was visiting here, even I do not post every day. Great job, thanks a millon

Demet

Change is difficult for a lot of people. We have so many new features we're excited to bring to everyone, but we didn't want to cause a lot of heart attacks forum-wide by introducing too much all at once.

We'll give everyone a little bit of tie to get used to the new ways of doing things, then we'll start introducing the new stuff.

Thanks for understanding and thinking of those of us that have a hard time with change.  I promise to do my best to keep up with the changes and not be too much of a pest with questions (well, I hope at least, lol).

Donna and I are laughing a bit hysterically at the thought that the change-over went smoothly! We encountered quite a few unexpected difficulties that we had to work our way through, dragging out the time. Some had us tearing our hair out, so for anyone who sees me at Stitches West in a few weeks, you may see a few new bald spots!

As Donna said, those difficulties are what took us so long to reopen. We took the time to get the kinks worked out before reopening so we could give the impression it was all a seamless transition! (So I don't really know why we're so anxious to tell you it wasn't seamless, LOL!)

Thanks again to everyone for being so patient with us as we worked toward bringing you a new, improved Crochetville that you will soon grow to love even more than you loved the old one. :manyheart

Well, you've done a terrific job, because it looks fantastic!

Nothing wrong with taking your time. :) Before you reaize it you'll be zooming around the place. In the meantime, feel free to ask questions!

I've been having fun checking everything out and I'm happy to say that I'm finding everything that I'm looking for! :tup

Have you noticed this new feature? When you're typing a response to a thread, and others are posting to the thread before you're finished, a little box pops up telling you there have been new posts and offering you a chance to read them before finishing your reply.

How cool is that?

That hasn't happened to me yet, but that's an awesome feature!

Ok, I looked into this and unfortunately the iPad can not display the editor icons. I'm so sorry!
. That's too bad! Wonder if this will be something that Apple will update in future releases? Is it an apple issue? . Lots of us use iPads here!

Noire Wolf, no problem! And now you can customize the way you want that new content to display for you. :)

I may have missed it but where do you set up how many posts per thread display on a page?

Again many thanks to you and Donna I know how tricky conversion processes can be. Hope you will get to enjoy at least a little bit os time to crochet and de -stress

Yeah!!! I kept trying and getting a very weird screen and had no way of knowing you were back until I was on the About.com board this morning and someone posted in response to another question that Crochetville was finally back up and running.

Followed the instructions and am back on as usual.

Good luck.

LI Roe

. That's too bad! Wonder if this will be something that Apple will update in future releases? Is it an apple issue? . Lots of us use iPads here!

Yes, it's an Apple issue as far as we can tell from Invision's support forums.

Thank you all for your compliments and patience!

Looks beautiful!  I was on the front page - and clicking the "social-community" link led me someplace strange.

Do you mean it took you to a place with an error message? We are still working on getting links to the old forum to forward to the new one.

Glad you're back!

Two problems I see, maybe it's me, maybe it's not an option.

1. Right click, paste doesn't work for me. It works when I use the short cut control v but I prefer the mouse.  Not in firefox or IE.

2. I don't see the ability to turn off signatures.

Thanks!

1. Right click, paste is working for me on Firefox for Mac. I'll have Amy check it on IE.

2. Very top black bar, click your user name, in the drop-down menu click My Settings, then in left menu choose Ignore Preferences, put a check mark in the box for Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages.

I saw a rumor on the Invision Power forums that Apple might be supporting more features like this for the iPad, but that was this past summer and it hasn't happened yet, so I don't know. I share your frustration, though! My pet peeve is lack of Flash support on the iPad.

I may have missed it but where do you set up how many posts per thread display on a page? Again many thanks to you and Donna I know how tricky conversion processes can be. Hope you will get to enjoy at least a little bit os time to crochet and de -stress

I'm pretty sure this is a forum-wide setting and can't be set by individual users. I will check to be sure, though.

Yeah!!! I kept trying and getting a very weird screen and had no way of knowing you were back until I was on the About.com board this morning and someone posted in response to another question that Crochetville was finally back up and running.

Sorry about that. We are still working on getting the old forum URLs to forward to the new one. We have some things to do in the back-end of the server to make that happen. When it's finished, all links pointing to the old forum will go to the same place on the new forum.

Archived