We're back!---READ THIS FIRST!

Donna

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is the patterns page here where we could add patterns.    I added some patterns and you accepted them   I was just looking for that page  

never mind I found it and understand now   http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/143899-merry-christmas-crochetville-has-a-new-free-pattern-directory/

Can someone tell me how to change font size and color without having to write out the code each time? I'm on an ipad and that is the only way I get on crochetville. Thanks!

Ok, I looked into this and unfortunately the iPad can not display the editor icons. I'm so sorry!

Yay!!  I love the new look - very clean!  I'm so excited that Crochetville is back up and running.  I was getting tired of my DH laughing at me for checking every 30 minutes and sighing.  :tryme   (I like the layout for emoticons.)

Thank you! LOL about checking! :lol

I'm glad you like the emoticons layout! I'd like to improve it as they don't seem to be in a particular order. On the old forum they were grouped in categories.

Thank you! LOL about checking! :lol

I'm glad you like the emoticons layout! I'd like to improve it as they don't seem to be in a particular order. On the old forum they were grouped in categories.

Grouping them would be nice...  And I just noticed a 'Like This' button.  This may sound like a silly question, but is it connected to Facebook or is it only for this forum?  If I like I post will there be a notification on my Facebook page?

Grouping them would be nice...  And I just noticed a 'Like This' button.  This may sound like a silly question, but is it connected to Facebook or is it only for this forum?  If I like I post will there be a notification on my Facebook page?

Not a silly question at all! The Like This button in the bottom right of each post is only for this forum. It is not connected to Facebook. Also, if you accidentally like something (or change your mind) you can click the Unlike button (only visible after you have liked a post).

There is a Facebook Like button (along with a bunch of other social icons) at the bottom of each thread.

Thank you all for your compliments!

Yay! I'm so relieved that it went smoothly for you. So happy that the site is back up! :cheer

Actually, it was pretty bumpy! :lol  That's why it took so long. But we made it! :h5

So glad were back up and running!  Time to look around and get used to things.  I'm sure I'll get there, but I'm a bit nervous right now and will go thru slowly.  Change can be very difficult for me. Baby steps, because I love this place and you can't get rid of me that easy! :lol  :hook

Great! Also, there is a link to our Free Crochet Pattern Directory in the top navbar here on the forum, under Patterns.

oh I am stupid thanks for telling me where the link was easier this away than what I was doing to get there. lol I was going to like your post but it said I am at my quota for today for likes but I haven't used it yet. maybe the kinks arn't worked out yet for this button. anyways I am loving the new forum and how to upload pictures. way better love it.

I'm sure I'll get there, but I'm a bit nervous right now and will go thru slowly.  Change can be very difficult for me. Baby steps.

Change is difficult for a lot of people. We have so many new features we're excited to bring to everyone, but we didn't want to cause a lot of heart attacks forum-wide by introducing too much all at once.

We'll give everyone a little bit of tie to get used to the new ways of doing things, then we'll start introducing the new stuff.

Donna and I are laughing a bit hysterically at the thought that the change-over went smoothly! We encountered quite a few unexpected difficulties that we had to work our way through, dragging out the time. Some had us tearing our hair out, so for anyone who sees me at Stitches West in a few weeks, you may see a few new bald spots!

As Donna said, those difficulties are what took us so long to reopen. We took the time to get the kinks worked out before reopening so we could give the impression it was all a seamless transition! (So I don't really know why we're so anxious to tell you it wasn't seamless, LOL!)

Thanks again to everyone for being so patient with us as we worked toward bringing you a new, improved Crochetville that you will soon grow to love even more than you loved the old one. :manyheart

Wow!! Thanks so much for all the hard work you guys did!! It looks all swanky and new! You guys deserve a night off to party and have a drink or some chocolate :)  Well Done!!

So glad were back up and running!  Time to look around and get used to things.  I'm sure I'll get there, but I'm a bit nervous right now and will go thru slowly.  Change can be very difficult for me. Baby steps, because I love this place and you can't get rid of me that easy! :lol  :hook

Nothing wrong with taking your time. :) Before you reaize it you'll be zooming around the place. In the meantime, feel free to ask questions!

oh I am stupid thanks for telling me where the link was easier this away than what I was doing to get there. lol I was going to like your post but it said I am at my quota for today for likes but I haven't used it yet. maybe the kinks arn't worked out yet for this button. anyways I am loving the new forum and how to upload pictures. way better love it.

Not stupid at all! It just takes time to find things in a new environment.

Thank you for telling me about the like button. I will look into it and see what the problem is with quota.

I'm so glad you love the new forum!

I get an error message when I select here.  I am not sure if someone else posted this

Please click here for complete descriptions of all Show-and-Tell subforums.

You're right that link is not working. I'll edit it to fix it. Links that go to the old forum are not working yet. We are still working on getting the old crochetville.org/forum links redirected to the new forum at crochetville.com/community. We should have the redirects finished within a day or so.

Have you noticed this new feature? When you're typing a response to a thread, and others are posting to the thread before you're finished, a little box pops up telling you there have been new posts and offering you a chance to read them before finishing your reply.

How cool is that?

Archived