We're back!---READ THIS FIRST!

Donna

Hey, everyone! Thank you all for waiting so long for Crochetville to come back online! :ty

Moving to new forum software was a long and intense process, but we are so glad it's done! :yay

Things aren't completely tidied up around here, so please bear with us as we complete the finishing touches.

Avatars on the new forum are larger than the old, so if your avatar looks funny, you may want to upload it at a larger size.

Edited to add: Links that go to the old forum are not working yet. We are still working on getting the old crochetville.org/forum links redirected to the new forum at crochetville.com/community. We should have the redirects finished within a day or so.

If you have any questions or need help, please let us know.

:ghug  

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the new look - looking forward to playing around.  :-)  Glad the intense part is over!!

ETA - looks like I need to update my signature...:-)

I'm sorry! I forgot to mention that we're still working on secondary user groups. So signature images aren't going to work yet. I'll post an update here when we've got that fixed. We figured it was better to open the forum even though we still had some minor things to work on. :)

Please bring the ability to view all new forum posts like it was on the old site.

Edit:  My bad.  I completely missed the button in the far upper right corner that says "View New Content".  Guess I need more coffee.

Great job with the new site!

Some things will work slightly differently on our new forum software. So if you don't see something where you expect it, and you can't find it, please post here and let us know. We'll be happy to help you out.

You can also find some built-in help files here. We'll eventually write our own help files for issues unique to Crochetville, but those should get you off to a good start.

Glad you are back,

Is there a way to upload pics directly or are we back to using photoibucket- all the options I see need the URL

thanks

Scroll down below the text box where you type your message. There is a big paper clip there and it says Attach Files and has a Choose Files button.

Scroll down below the text box where you type your message. There is a big paper clip there and it says Attach Files and has a Choose Files button.

sorry, I am not seeing it

I get a bunch of share links , but no ---- Oh you have to click the "more reply  options button"

( i'd add a smilie but I 'm sorry, I don't like having to scroll through all the options - too time consuming-) but other than that all is well!!!

I get a bunch of share links , but no ---- Oh you have to click the "more reply  options button"

( i'd add a smilie but I 'm sorry, I don't like having to scroll through all the options - too time consuming-) but other than that all is well!!!

I was trying to figure this out also & what I did was go to "more reply options" and at the bottom of THAT page - there is a big paper clip that says "Attach Files" and I did it that way & it worked :) Make sure you click "Attach This File" or it won't work lol. Hope this helps.

glad the site is up and running again.  I missed it  now off to try out the new options that I am going to love.  love the attached files thingy   thanks for telling us about it as who knows when I would have seen it.  lol

post-3518-0-47722100-1359227308_thumb.gif

Yes, when you are using the quick reply within an existing thread, you need to click the More Reply Options. But when you are posting a new thread, the Attach Files area will be there automatically.

Can someone tell me how to change font size and color without having to write out the code each time? I'm on an ipad and that is the only way I get on crochetville. Thanks!

We'll have to look into this. You can do it easily on a regular computer, but the options are not showing on an iPad. I'll let you know what we find out.

Archived