Baby's first teddy bear

chrissyf

I printed this pattern almost 12 years ago and thought that it had been removed from the internet. It is still available here and i highly recommend it as a gift. A flat teddy bear made out of two round granny squares. one of my daughter's friends is having a baby in May and my daughter loves to gift "flat bear" for new babies. So i made flat panda.

:pinterest:facebook

post-9809-135897798893_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I really love this and would like to make several as gifts for our local hospital, however, the Lin is not working. Would you mind giving the site address please? Yours is so cute! Thank you in advance! Happy hooking!

• 3 weeks later...

the linked worked for me and I am thrilled.  thanks so much for the link to this pattern and showing us your adorable panda bear.   this is so cute.  My Grandie Raia showed her mother some stuffing and so my daughter tryed to put the stuffing back in her bear and Raia tells her mommy no so she has a flat bear and likes it that away so I am off to make this for her.    did you use worsted weight yarn or baby yarn?    I suppose the baby yarn would make the bear quite small. 

Your panda is very sweet. I think I'll have to try this one. I got confused about the blocks in the pattern, but I'm assuming the back of the head is black and the belly is white on the back and front?

Susan, the link worked for me, but here it is: www.angelfire.com/va/thevelvetpumpkin/Bear.html

Archived