loverofyarn

what should I make with this yarn?

Question

I have searched the internet and gone through all my magazines and books and the libraries as well, and still cannot figure out what to do with the lovely yarn my mom gave me xmas and my birthday. Can someone tell me what I should make with berroco boboli. I have five skeins and my mom said if I need more to finish a project she would get it for me. I would love to make a sweater. Maybe someone could help direct me towards something to make with this yarn. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

So it looks like it is a worsted weight. It's variegated and it looks pretty texture-y. http://www.berroco.com/yarns/berroco-boboli

I would probably swatch with it and see what kind of sttiches look good. Probably something with pretty simple lines, to let the yarn take center stage so to speak. I'm guessing that at least an I hook would be good for it.

Have you looked on ravelry to see if anyone has crocheted much with it? eta Well never mind, there really aren't any crocheted sweaters in this yarn on revelry as far as i can see. Too bad that Berroco didn't put out some crochet patterns for it.

Edited by magiccrochetfan

This is gorgeous yarn. Anything you make will be lovely

You can also go to Ravelry and do a search under "yarn." Type in Berroco and scroll down to boboli. I see there are 615 projects listed.