Forum Moving Day: Tuesday, January 22

Amy

Pack your bags and get ready to go! The moving vans are coming on Tuesday, January 22, to move Crochetville to our new home.

This is quite a complicated move, so prepare for the forum to be down for two or three days. We hope we can get it all done in one or two, but we need to prepare for unexpected complications that we need to fix.

If you're working on one of your patterns and you've been working by opening the discussion thread, you may want to print the pattern if you want to work on it while we're down.

We will post updates as we're able to on these places in order:

1. Our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/crochetville

2. Our Twitter account: http://www.twitter.com/crochetville (Facebook posts are automatically tweeted)

3. Our blog: http://www.crochetville.com

4. Ravelry group: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/crochetville (We may not get on this one as much to post updates.)

Want to help add patterns to our Free Crochet Pattern Directory?

If you need something to do while the forum is down, we'd be very pleased if you'd like to enter some more links into our Free Crochet Pattern Directory.

To avoid duplicate entries, it would be a good idea to search the database for the name of a pattern you want to enter before entering it. If it's not listed, go ahead and submit. If it is listed, pick another pattern to try!

If two people submit the same pattern while things are waiting in the queue, it's no big worry. We have a program we can run to catch any duplicate entries.

I'll try and keep this announcement bumped up so most people will see it before Tuesday.

There's gonna be a whole lot of us going thru withdrawal Amy! :lol

Yep! That's why we're telling you now. So you can stockpile your "medicine" to get you through withdrawal with as few bad symptoms as possible! :D

I hope the forum stays as readable as it is now! I've seen other forums move to 'new and improved' software, and they lost their color and contrast, and became too cluttered to be readable. Crossing fingers CV remains user-friendly. :xfin

I hope the forum stays as readable as it is now! I've seen other forums move to 'new and improved' software, and they lost their color and contrast, and became too cluttered to be readable. Crossing fingers CV remains user-friendly. :xfin

No worries there! We're keeping the same color backgrounds and everything. The general look of the new forums is fresher, cleaner, and more up-to-date with current clean website design.

I do know what you mean about forum upgrades in some places really being more like a forum DOWNgrade from a user perspective.

Trust us! We won't do that to you all! We have to use this forum, too. :)

Oh, and you all are going to be blown away by all the new features we'll introduce as the year goes on.

We'll roll things out slowly so it's not too overwhelming. Just learning the back end of this new system has been very overwhelming for us.

We'll give you lots of time to adjust and learn to use each new feature before rolling out something else.

The best medicine I can think of for Crochetville Withdrawal: NEW YARN! :D At least that works in my mind.

Ooh, sounds like a plan! I'd ask you to send some my way but I'll be too busy to use it.

If I got new yarn, you might never get back into the forum! :lol

The best medicine I can think of for Crochetville Withdrawal: NEW YARN! :D At least that works in my mind.

Check! Got a bargin bundle of 17 skien arriving in the mail next week. :D I'll have plenty to do.

Can't wait to see the next forum! :cheer

Thanks for the heads up and good luck with the move.

Can't wait to see the new site.

LI Roe

PS I'm expecting yarn too in the mail (plus what I have buying on sale last week) so I will be occupied and hopefully not into too much temporary withdrawal.

Good luck! may there be no 'computer bugs'. I have plenty of yarn I'm using to make snuggles for the local pound. So I'm good with yarn. So much left over yarn from 7 afghans made for Christmas. Can't wait to see what's in store! :hook

It's a perfect time to finish up all the wips that are sitting around, and I would also ask that each of you submit 5 new patterns a day to the new Free Crochet Pattern Directory (see first post of this thread).

I don't have any wips and would like to spend my time publishing the new patterns!!!!

Thanks

I have projects for the Favorite Color Swap to work on. I also have to work everyday next week in the cold temps we are going to have - coming home to nice hot soup or chili that I have in the freezer. Will need to lay in a supply of chocolate to get me thru no Crochetville.

Can't wait to see the new forum. Good luck on the move.

Oh, and you all are going to be blown away by all the new features we'll introduce as the year goes on.

We'll roll things out slowly so it's not too overwhelming. Just learning the back end of this new system has been very overwhelming for us.

We'll give you lots of time to adjust and learn to use each new feature before rolling out something else.

Ooh, I hope that includes a mobile site!! :cheer

Ooh, I hope that includes a mobile site!! :cheer

Well, you just never know! ;)

Actually, there is a mobile option of sorts. We haven't had time to play with it yet, as making sure the main forum will work has to take priority.

But it won't be long after getting it up and running that we'll check into the mobile option to get it working.

Thanks for the heads up, Amy. I am looking forward to the new and improved forum. :applause I just know I am going to have withdraw anyway. :hyper:shrug I like the idea of buying new yarn and just may do that. But since my stash is already huge, I may just spend my time during the down time of Crochetville going through some of my stitch books or just crocheting :crocheting up a storm. And at a last resort I may just do some much needed housework.:rofl

Archived