teapot

Walmart

Well, I went to walmart to check to see what was left of their yarn section, after their moving process! I was so happy to find that only the cotton was gone. They still had the big balls and a whole row of their yarn!!!!!

This is the closest store for yarn to me, so I was really happy!

Now if only they would get in some tlc yarn.

Wish they would listen to their customers!

Still alittle worried about the yarn. Now they are going to be a super centre and the one in the bigger city has hardly no yarn, or not much of a selection. Sure hoping they still keep the yarn!

Edited by teapot

Well, sometimes they do listen to the customers. We got our fabric back by complaining because the closest places for fabric are 35 miles in any direction, which is rather ridiculous.

This is the only place for me to get yarn as well. I have heard that they are supposed to be getting rid of yarn all together - which will NOT be a good thing - I would have to drive 2 hours north or south (as well as east) to get to a hobby lobby or anything else that might have yarn - with out buying online.

Glad that they do still have yarn though! And I really hope they don't get rid of it all together - that would STINK!

Yes, I am sooo happy that they did not get rid of their yarn! I had heard they were cutting down too, and that the fabric was gone as well. Although the fabric is precut now, I think it was better when you could choose what you wanted.

I have two and a half hours to the nearest michaels, three to the next one.

Wish I had a hobby lobby or one of those other great craft stores you ladies have in the states! They sound so nice!

Consider yourself lucky. The 3 Walmarts near me went from lots of yarn to 1/2 an isle of yarn to no yarn.:angry

I always liked Walmart's brand yarn. Haven't seen any in years!

charkitty

It was called Mainstays and they discontinued it but a few years ago before National Wholesale Liquidators closed down, they had a ton of it in selected colors for $1.99 a skein as well as different types of RedHeart yarns, from $1.49 to $1.99 a skein also. I picked up a lot, sorry I didn't get more (both Mainstays and RedHeart). About a year ago, only one NWL opened up again  but when I stopped there (kind of out of my way normally but I had to go near it) they had no yarn. Haven't been there since so I don't know if they ever got anymore of any brand.

The Walmarts by me that I frequent also went from a few aisles to 1/2 an aisle of yarn. The closest one had some LionBrand tucked away in a different aisle. Not much anymore.

LI Roe

I agree--Walmart's cutting down of the yarn really stinks!   :irk  I've written several letters to Walmart's main office, but nothing has ever come of it.  :reyes  I just wish we could get every crocheter and every knitter on Crochetville, and other sites, to write their own letters to Walmart!  I really am beginning to think that the company really does NOT care about the customers!  Are they finally too big for their britches?? :shrug  :bang

Thanks for letting me rant!

I don't get much yarn at Walmart, but I do get my toy stuffing and items like felt there.  I will be sad to see that go.  With the amount of ami's I make getting the big bags at a good price helps to keep the cost down. :lol

the half aisle that we have is getting more and more sparse

haven't seen hunter green on shelves since around Oct.

I hope they don't totally do away with the yarn,budget wise for me,thats where I get mine.

our walmarts have moved a lot of things back, we have a nice selection now of red heart, caron, and homestyle, some fancy yarns, as fancy fur, and chenile, but more than they have had, and all together now, instead of spaced out, with some here, and some there.     Maybe they are listening to the crafting community, eh!

I used to have to drive 18 miles to my Walmart and though it's not my favorite store - was thankful that they still had one aisle with yarn. Then they built another one half that distance from me that became a Supercenter and only carried half the yarn the smaller regular Walmart had - I found I made out better using my coupons and catching the sales at JoAnn's which was also 18 miles one way.

Our Walmarts took forever to restock yarn bins that were low or completely out and it got too frustrating.