Do you have a certain time of day?

I find myself trying to crochet at different times of the day, and just cant seem to "get into it", until late late evening, and then I will crochet all night. So my question is do others have a "time of day" they find it easier to crochet in?

When my husband and both boys are at school/work. So from noonish until 3 - I can concentrate on the numbers with out having to worry about them talking & messing me up! I also do it a little while waiting on a BG or group to pop (I play WoW lol...)

No, with me, it is whenever I finish what I am doing, then I just curl up, flip on the tv or pop in a dvd and crochet away. No set time, but since I am a retired, childless widow, I do have a bit more time. Seems lately, it

is more in the afternoon, since I try to keep a little routine and by the time I get home from my walk and get small things done, I am ready to crochet.

After I log off, will go back to what I was crocheting before.

LI Roe

When I retired (2 1/2 years ago) I thought I'd be crocheting all the time but that didn't happen. The first year I got involved in our local senior center, then my husband's health got worse, requiring me to become his care giver. The best time for me to crochet is late at night and sometimes into the wee morning hours, if I'm really enjoying it.

I also am retired and we travel in our RV. So I crochet whenever we are moving. But when we are stopped I crochet ever minute I can. Always about an hour in the morning with my coffee then after dinner, all evening.

I also am retired and we travel in our RV. So I crochet whenever we are moving. But when we are stopped I crochet ever minute I can. Always about an hour in the morning with my coffee then after dinner, all evening.

I wanted to crochet while moving while we are in the RV, but there is so much scenery, I find it difficult.

I can pretty much crochet all day, the room where I work gets the south sun, so it's pretty bright all day. I do like to be alone when I crochet so as soon as my GD gets up I'm pretty much done until she leaves the house. Unfortunately my mom is in the hospital so crocheting time has been limited over the last week.

I crochet during my lunch hour at work and on weekend between loads of laundry. This year football season has been good for me. My husband watches and yells at the TV and I crochet. Some times he discusses the game with me I look up and agree about whatever he just said.

lol - thats perfect! i don't get a lot of time to crochet anymore - got a muchkin keeping me hopping and kitties that just can't resist a nice bit of yarn. I get a little in here and there.

• 5 weeks later...

I get energetic in the evenings and at night, so that's when I do most of my crocheting. The exception is when I'm using any amount of black, brown or dark blue ~ then I always try to get my work done in natural light because it is so much easier to see the sts clearly. If I really must use the dark colors at night, I use my Ott light, but I still prefer daylight.

Any time I can!   I teach a crochet class every Monday morning, but usually don't get much actual sit-down-and-crochet time then, so I crochet every time I'm in the passenger seat in our van, and every moment I can at home! I always have several projects going at one time, so I work on what I'm in the mood for at the moment!   :yes

Good question! I usually have one crochet session (lasting about 1 hour) in the late morning or early afternoon. Then, at night, I crochet for about an hour or so. Also, if I have trouble falling asleep, I'll crochet. This is just my general schedule; sometimes I crochet more and sometimes less.

More often than not, I end up crocheting during Prime Time.  It actually bothers me a little because I would like to crochet early afternoon until dinner...but life gets in the way no matter how much I try to get up early and get the daily stuff done...

We are in Rockport Tx for the winter.....might stay longer, we havent decided yet.

Jeepngirl, I'm right by you in Fulton. If your into jam sessions you should stop by are park. It starts at 1:30 Fulton Oaks. I'll be there crocheting. If you come be sure and come introduce yourself. Were retired and were winter Texans.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like to crochet for an hour or so with my leisurely morning cup of tea (which may be nearly lunch time for most of you). I get home from work around 11:30 pm, so I get a bite to eat and then, if I'm really into a project, from midnight to around 2 or 3 am. On my days off, again if I'm really into a project, I will crochet some or a lot during the day, depending of what other boring stuff has to be done, and then give the whole evening to it, starting around 6:30 or 7 when the birds in the living room go to sleep and I exile myself to the bedroom. They have me well trained! I usually listen to audiobooks while I crochet.

Archived