Roli

Hands-free e-reader pillow

I wonder if you turned the triangle, so that the rectangle base was used for propping the book up, if it wouldn't work better? Just a thought. Might accomadate bigger books that way. Anyhow, love the idea.

I love that idea LA but I think I am geometrically challenged! It would be difficult for me to figure out how to then incorporate the tiangular base into the square pillow! But why don't you take a shot at it?:hook

I love that idea LA but I think I am geometrically challenged! It would be difficult for me to figure out how to then incorporate the tiangular base into the square pillow! But why don't you take a shot at it?:hook

Well, I'm kind of lazy, so I would just make two separate pieces and sew them together, and maybe include some plastic canvas to firm it up. Have some WIP's to get out of the way, so maybe before Christmas? But you are much faster and a much better pattern writer than I can ever hope to be. I love your creative mind, and your patterns. Devoted Fan

(I'm mathmatically challenged, big time!)

What a great idea! I'm always struggling to figure out how to hold up my Nook and Kindle. I usually try to balance them on pillows, but there's always the fear that they will fall off.

I have seen these (not crochet) for sale before. But they cost much more than a single skein of Red Heart!

Thanks for sharing.

Great idea! I read my kindle in bed all the time and something like this would work out well.

Thank you everyone! I am working on the iPad pattern and have had to re-configure the whole thing. It seems that the little e-reader pillow does not translate well to a larger size. Laceangel has a good idea about the plastic canvas but I am going to try to avoid that with this design. We'll see how it works out...

What a resourceful DIY idea! I don't mind holding my e-reader, but do cramp up from the I-pad. Look forward to seeing your next version.

Thank you everyone! I am working on the iPad pattern and have had to re-configure the whole thing. It seems that the little e-reader pillow does not translate well to a larger size. Laceangel has a good idea about the plastic canvas but I am going to try to avoid that with this design. We'll see how it works out...

Oh I hope you do come up with an iPad version as that's what I have too. I also wondered about plastic canvas to keep the shape so am anxiously waiting your iPad version. Many thanks.

I'm looking forward to your iPad pattern, if you find you can pull it off. I'd never seen the "Peeramid," so I went looking and actually ordered one because my need is immediate. I'm such a wreck: I was badly aggravating my sciatica sitting at the desktop for such long periods, so a main reason I got an iPad was to save my leg. So now, because of the way I hold up the iPad in its cover for extended periods, I've really done a number on my arm. I would laugh if it weren't so painful. Therefore I needed the support right away. However, I'd like to have one for upstairs and another for downstairs and don't want to spend the big bucks, so your pattern would be a godsend. I also spent a little more for a Peeramid with a pocket for my stylus, so I'd add that to a crocheted version for myself. Another idea: if I make one for my grandson, I might try making it into a doggie face, like a fabric one I saw online. Your pattern is sheer genius, and you're so kind to share it with us.

Sometimes I get invaluable info here. I haven't crocheted a "peeramid," yet, but have ordered and am now using the fabric one mentioned here. I've been diagnosed with frozen shoulder, which is quite painful and doc says will probably last a year. He says there's no preventable cause, but I do think that holding the IPad the way I did could well have escalated the condition. Thank goodness it's not my right, crocheting hand!