Hands-free e-reader pillow

Roli

One of the main problems with my Nook has been that my hands get cramped from holding it upright while I am reading in bed. So this was a very nice little object and it was pretty to boot. A little pyramid rises from a flat pillow that has a channel to hold your book or Nook. The pyramid props it up and an attached bookmark can keep your place if you are reading a book.

The pattern is intermediate difficulty and uses one skein of Red Heart Super Saver. Find it on my blog here.

:chook:pinterest:facebook

post-2917-135897797024_thumb.jpg

post-2917-135897797027_thumb.jpg

that is awesome! I needed this a few years ago when i had elbow surgery. I may have to try it out since i think i am probably going to need surgery on the other arm very soon

Very clever, Roli. I've considered the problem but of course, my solution would have involved two-by-fours. I'm sure yours is much more comfy. heh

Very clever, Roli. I've considered the problem but of course, my solution would have involved two-by-fours. I'm sure yours is much more comfy. heh

Comfy it is Jimbo! Although the 2 X 4 idea might work for your flat-screen TV! :lol

Thank you one and all for your comments. I had a request for an ipad holder so I am going back to the drawing board to see if I can make this a bit bigger. I also believe that if I work it in 2 pieces I can avoid that awkward sewing section when joining the top to the bottom. Stay tuned...

I'm sorry but I just realized that I forgot to indicate the hook size for the pattern. Begin your project with H and use it unless stated otherwise. A correction to the pattern is coming.

Fab idea! As always! My friend no longer reads hardback books, cause they are too heavy and uncomfortable for her, but she does have an eReader. Maybe this will help with both. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.

What a great idea! I can think of several other uses, too... it would be great for holding up patterns on my end table while I'm concentrating on my yarn and hook or using on the kitchen counter for holding open a cookbook, or that sheet of paper with the recipe I just printed out.... hmmm, what else?

Thanks! I'm going to make one, too!

Thank you one and all for your comments. I had a request for an ipad holder so I am going back to the drawing board to see if I can make this a bit bigger. I also believe that if I work it in 2 pieces I can avoid that awkward sewing section when joining the top to the bottom. Stay tuned...

I have a tablet and had the same thought.,.it's not quite big enough. Will look forward to what you post for us. It is a brilliant idea!

I wonder if you turned the triangle, so that the rectangle base was used for propping the book up, if it wouldn't work better? Just a thought. Might accomadate bigger books that way. Anyhow, love the idea.

Archived