Crochetville CGOA Cyber Chapter: Would You Be Interested?

Amy

Would You Join a Crochetville CGOA Cyber Chapter?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Join a Crochetville CGOA Cyber Chapter?

• Yes
    • Maybe, I want to know more (ask questions in thread)
    • No

• 2 weeks later...

OK, forgive me for sounding snarky (not my intent)

But, how would this be different from what already goes on here on crochetville?

Aren't we already doing all of the things mentioned in the initial post through this forum?

Does CGOA recognize cyberchapters?

• 4 weeks later...

Look forward to a Cyber Chapter, there is no CGOA Chapter near me.

Ann, there may be one starting up soon! Another lady I know is going to try to get an organizational meeting set up sometime in late April, early May, I think. I'll be sure to let you know once the meeting is set.

OK, forgive me for sounding snarky (not my intent)

But, how would this be different from what already goes on here on crochetville?

Aren't we already doing all of the things mentioned in the initial post through this forum?

Does CGOA recognize cyberchapters?

I'm sorry it took me so long to answer this. I just now saw this post.

It would be different because the cyber chapter activities would be tied to CGOA. None of our events here are officially tied to CGOA in anyway. The cyber chapter area would also be used to encourage people to join CGOA, to promote people attending the conferences, to organize group meetings at the conferences, to help people find roommates, etc. We can do this in a more formal way though an officially-recognized chapter.

We would have chapter leadership just like any in-person chapter who would be responsible for coming up with activities for the cyber-chapter. Some activities might be similar to what takes place in other areas of Crochetville, but they'd take place within the cyber-chapter area of Crochetville.

In the past, CGOA only recognized the one cyber chapter on Ravelry. However, the current board is open to establishing a few more cyber chapters on a test basis. As the most recent past president of CGOA (my term ended December 31, 2012), I certainly would never attempt to start a cyber chapter if CGOA weren't going to recognize it officially. That would be totally disrespectful of the organization.

• 2 months later...

I would like to join too. I don't have a local chapter near me that I have found. Plus, I think it is fun to be able to be a part of something with people from other areas. I have no problem meeting new online friends. Plus I already belong to CGOA, and I got my daughter to go with me this time to Indianapolis for her first time.

Archived