Boxing Day 2013

pineknott

This is late getting started,I enjoyed doing this ,and others have too

Keep a running total of things you make for charity for the year,Before the end of 2013,we will share our totals & see what we have done as a group for charity

All are welcome,Crochet,Knit,Sewing all count

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! As promised, I am here! Yay! I finished a lot of things I had started before my mom passed away last month. It has been hard getting back into my craft room because mom and I did so much together, but she would not want me to stop making things for the shelter out of grief, so I press on...

I will post a picture soon.

:clap yea, I plan to be more active here...I have my binder set up with patterns and addresses for different folks.

Hello! As promised, I am here! Yay! I finished a lot of things I had started before my mom passed away last month. It has been hard getting back into my craft room because mom and I did so much together, but she would not want me to stop making things for the shelter out of grief, so I press on...

I will post a picture soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom,I remember she used to help make the mats

Thanks Pineknott, I still have not adjusted to life without her around. It's a nightmare. She loved to make dishcloths too, so I have a lot of cotton yarn now and not a lot of dishcloth experience! These are all things that were in various stages of completion back in Nov when she went back to the hosp for the last time. All finished up now and ready for the shelter. Two of my cats already inspected the items.

post-13802-135897797869_thumb.jpg

Denise, sorry you lost your mom. My mom also passed away this past year, she did not crochet, but she taught me to knit, and I could always count on her to get me out of my knitting troubles, so I know how hard it can be to pick up your hooks again. Good for you for honoring her memory by crafting for something she cared about.

As is usual for me, most of my charity crafting this year will be for the local pregnancy resource center. Currently I am knitting a baby sweater. Every once in a while I make some hats and scarves for various charities too.

Thanks Cindy,

I have slowly been going through her drawers cleaning out clothes and pretty much every drawer has some yarn stuffed in it, so my stash is now huge. Her cat would hunt down yarn anywhere and you could wake up in the morning and find a pounder strewn from one end of the house to the other. It was so funny at first, but we noticed that he also ate it and that is not good for cats, so she had to start securing it in drawers. He would paw at a clear plastic tote for hours if he could see yarn inside. If he just has thumbs I guess we would have taught him to enjoy the yarn productively!

I keep asking her to come to me in a dream and tell me what projects she had planned for the yarn I am finding.

We are also quilters so now I have double the fabric stash and 9 sewing machines. My husband retires in Sept and has no hobbies. I can't retire for 10 more years. How is this fair, I ask you....

Denise, I quilt and sew as well, but I only have four sewing machines and a serger. Love the cat story, I can almost see him crocheting! Sending some cyber hugs as you continue to go through your moms things. I know how emotionally draining that can be.

Thanks, Pineknot, glad to be here. It's nice to be cheered on by friends.

well,here it is the last day of January

by this time I would say I have 10 hats done,I'm in a crochet slump,have about two rows to go on a hat,to call it done

hopefully a burst of crochet energy will hit soon,lol

I finished a pair of baby boots and a knit baby sweater in January. I'm hoping for two small items or one large one each month. I did not do as much as I hoped last year, and ended up shopping for baby and toddler clothes to donate. I'm sure that they are just as welcome as handmade items though.

Cindy, adorable baby items!  

Here is what I have done since I posted the last picture.  The crochet cat mats were done last weekend during the weekend charity CAL.  The rest of the fleece stuff I finished yesterday.  I have red beds to match the toys and pillows but they are not done yet.  I made one more mat last night while watching something on TV but the ends aren't weaved in yet, so I haven't counted it. 

post-13802-0-05994400-1359913066_thumb.jpg

wonderful projects!!

I finally got my room back after a few months! I'm looking through my closet and adding together projects this next week but here is my goals for this year. I've been working on a few projects here and there and putting them in the closet or my box over the last few months. I don't know what I actually have right now. But here are my goals......

baby afghans 0/15

baby hats 0/30

lapghans 0/15

child/adult hats 0/25

Anyone have a good slipper pattern? The local group collects slippers for hospice. 

Cindy, adorable baby items!  

Here is what I have done since I posted the last picture.  The crochet cat mats were done last weekend during the weekend charity CAL.  The rest of the fleece stuff I finished yesterday.  I have red beds to match the toys and pillows but they are not done yet.  I made one more mat last night while watching something on TV but the ends aren't weaved in yet, so I haven't counted it. 

Thanks, and WTG on the cat mats and beds.

wonderful projects!!

I finally got my room back after a few months! I'm looking through my closet and adding together projects this next week but here is my goals for this year. I've been working on a few projects here and there and putting them in the closet or my box over the last few months. I don't know what I actually have right now. But here are my goals......

baby afghans 0/15

baby hats 0/30

lapghans 0/15

child/adult hats 0/25

Anyone have a good slipper pattern? The local group collects slippers for hospice. 

This is a really fast and easy slipper pattern that can easily be made larger or smaller by adding or skipping a row.  Once you make a pair you will see where to do this.

http://home.comcast.net/~gandal195/elegantcrochet2/slipper.html

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to point out that the special charity weekend CAL starts today. I know I see a lot of you over there every month. Monday is a day off for me, yay! So I hope to have some show and tell soon.

Hope everyone is having a nice Valentine's Day. I passed out kids cards with candy attached at work today. We all laughed about how fun they are!

I love that slipper pattern!!

I've been just working on squares and hats the last few days. I really need to use up my yarn pieces and half skeins. The eight inch  'expresso square' has been really addictive lately. It's just zen to make for some reason. Now what to do with the smaller balls of yarn???

baby afghans 2/15

baby hats 8/30

lapghans 0/15

child/adult hats 6/25

Updating my box and lists....anyone want to tuck in some ends??? LOL! The hats are not black, one is dk purple and the other is dk blue. 

post-17683-0-38248500-1361475672_thumb.jpg

post-17683-0-81170900-1361475708_thumb.jpg

Here are my latest projects for the local pregnancy resource center.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I apologize for the sideways pictures. I am posting from an IPad, and am not sure why they turn sideways. I also don't know why the dress posted right side up.

that dress is really lovely,and those teal or aqua booties are adorable

Archived