magiccrochetfan

"victoria" shawl

I made this in Sept. for my sister-in-law. She said she really likes it. the pattern is Victoria by Eclat du Soleil, available at Annette Petavy's site http://www.annettepetavy.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=67

(several other patterns there that i really like)

The yarn is Cascade Heritage Silk Paints, which was great to work with and is superwash.

post-10356-135897796532_thumb.jpg

it turned out great! I'd be pleased and I'm sure SIL was too!

I'm so glad you all like it! I do highly recommend the pattern if anyone wants to make one.

Wow, I'm not a shawl person but I love to look at them. Yours is much prettier than the patern pic! :yes

I'll bet the background scenery in the photo doesn't look like that now, heh. It's nice to see some greenery for a change :wbrr

Edited by Granny Square

Wow, I'm not a shawl person but I love to look at them. Yours is much prettier than the patern pic! :yes

I'll bet the background scenery in the photo doesn't look like that now, heh. It's nice to see some greenery for a change :wbrr

i have thought i wasn't a shawl person, but these crescent shaped shawls have me rethinking that. Also no fitting challenges like with a cardigan, and easier to put on and take off, since i get too cold, then too hot very easily these days.

Glad you like the photo, I think the light coming through shows the lace pattern well. Definitely no green out there now ---unless somebody is wearing a green coat lol