Eyelash yarns - so soft, so tempty, so AGGRAVATING!

VikingRunnerGirl

So I started a hat aeons ago. You know the drill.... We were at a Bass shoe outlet and saw these cool knitted striped hats, and I said... yeah. It's got to be at least seven years later now and the hat's not done. But I got it out tonight, to move it from dpns to a cable that I just got a bunch of (soooo happy about that :D)

There's probably seven different colors of yarn in here. I don't even remember what they all are at this point! But one of them is a silky green eyelash yarn, and two of them are Lion Tiffany, that really soft silky one. That one I'm doing holding two threads at a time. That's the one that's currently on the needles.

I've transferred two out of three dpns to the cable so far. Now, I'm a little bit stuck. Because there's a gap of nearly two inches between where I am and the next needle!

Did you know, that with eyelash yarns, not only is it very difficult to tell if you dropped stitches, but even if you know you have,

IT'S BASICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND THE BLOODY LITTLE THINGS!!!

:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant

I'm pretty sure I've dropped, like, ten stitches! (They just slid off the end of the needle after being in a bag for so long, especially since it's yarns the cat liked sooooo much that eventually I had to keep it in a bag in a box in another box with stuff on top of it to stop him digging in and stealing it and dragging it around the house.)

I'm thinking I'll count on it not frogging easily and just use a crochet hook to pick up a bunch of stitches at random in that section. :hook

If you do find one trying to unravel, you can stitch it in place with regular sewing thread (one of the few times I'd use thread on a yarn project.) Use a crochet hook to pick up as much of the ladder as you can, then just stitch the last loop to the horizontal bar above it. The fluff will hide the tie-off.

Archived