And the colour of the year for 2013 is...

Its a pretty color but not everyone can wear it well. I love the color Green, in any shade, but this particular shade reminds me of St. Patricks Day or Christmas. But I'd make myself a scarf with it.

I find that many greens can be challenging to wear or even to use in the home. Colours tend to be "trendy" and you can't always get go-togethers for them.

I look forward to seeing what colours do show up in my Walmart Yarn Aisle. :wlol

Not a huge fan of wearing, decorating or crocheting Emerald green. I am not comfortable in it...except.....if they're real emeralds! :lol

Depends on the pattern and the color itself, what one yarn company calls Emerald can be different from another company. If it is really too much of a bright color, then I would probably find a variegated or soft contrasting color to use.

Now if it was Turquoise or Hot Pink, that is more my style.

LI Roe

Not my favorite shade of green. I like the richer darker greens. Like forest or pine. Emerald doesn't really fit me or my decor. But I do like it better than some of the colors they have chosen to promote.

I was excited when I heard the color is "emerald green". That's my birthstone! While it's not "emerald" green, I am now working on a green premie-baby blanket to donate. I think I'll get involved this year and work with some emerald green.

Have fun everyone! :yarn

I love greens and would love to see some new ones that aren't in the leafy green tones - there are plenty of those already. I use mostly RHSS for charity lapghans, and a green midway between Spring Green and Paddy Green would be very helpful.

I love emerald green! It's great as foliage because it usually looks great with all the flower colors. It's nice in striping, and looks wonderful on blondes.

I just did an image search for the colour... I like to see all the ways it can be displayed. :wlol

:eek

http://ca.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AqqM_9epFQdnAO36D8p3SPw2lfUI?p=emerald+green&fr=my-myy&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

Cool link. I had to pull up other colors just to see what they had.

LI Roe

• 4 weeks later...

I am definitely not bit by the green eyed monster. green and yellow I could do without...except for outdoors and I love my flowers/trees etc,not marigolds though...to much yellow!!

• 1 month later...

Archived