January Charity Get-Together: 1/17 ~ 1/22

busy-bee-lmt

I have my second baby bib done in the crocodile stitch that I have been working on. I think I've got the pattern down now and will crochet another one today to make sure I've got the pattern perfected. I hope to share the free pattern soon once I get it all written up on my blog.

Here is a photo of the first bib I crocheted. It's not as good as the one I finished today as I was still learning the stitch but you get the idea of how it looks in the crocodile stitch.

[ATTACH]61936[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61935[/ATTACH]

I love this way of using the crocodile stitch. I don't like the way the back looks for blankets or scarves. I have a pattern for a bunting but I was afraid little toes and fingers would get caught in the "framing". So I just made the bottom with it and finished the bunting with a more solid stitch- It works great for edgings and hats though. A lot easier than it looks once you get the hang of it :hook

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have my second baby bib done in the crocodile stitch that I have been working on. I think I've got the pattern down now and will crochet another one today to make sure I've got the pattern perfected. I hope to share the free pattern soon once I get it all written up on my blog.

Here is a photo of the first bib I crocheted. It's not as good as the one I finished today as I was still learning the stitch but you get the idea of how it looks in the crocodile stitch.

[ATTACH]61936[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61935[/ATTACH]

I think it's adorable! :clap:clap:clap

finished 40 more squares and for a change of pace I made the scarf with 34 of the squares, I haven't decided if I will add more border yet---

What a pretty scarf! :clap:clap:clap

I'm about to tackle the Project Linus quilt again. I was debating the quilting on the wider panels and have now decided what I'm going to do with them so it's on to more quilting. :manyheart

very slow to start this time around,but getting there,4 more rounds and I'll have a hat done

Yay!! :clap:clap:clap

I'm now switching from quilting to crocheting on the prayer shawl. :hook

I see that Crochetville is going to be down starting Tuesday for a day or two. Should we plan to post our totals after it's up again or before? I wouldn't mind having a few extra days to get more done as I'm still waiting on getting yarn tomorrow for my slippers.

What do you all think?? :think

Yup, more time to finish extra projects !!!

I have my granny square baby blanket together , now adding the border-- to bring it up to size. did a little work on the other two baby blankets,

I need to get border color for one , so may not get it done this week.

Love Love Love the extra time!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

I got two more baby bibs done today. I'm looking forward to getting the slippers done tomorrow after I buy more yarn.

Everyone is getting lots of things finished and with the extra time -- I think this is going to be an outstanding charity CAL! :manyheart

I couldn't agree more, Cindy.

I've already had my puppy out for a walk and am going to tackle the kitchen, which shouldn't take long and then I'm going to do some more quilting.

I'll grab some hot tea while I'm at it & listen to something on TV. Have fun crafting today! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I've moved on to some GSs given to me by a friend. They're pink and blue, but not all the same size, so after I bring them up to size I'll be assembling them in ablankie for the NICU.

finished my baby blanket when we get back I may have another done:hook

That's gorgeous! :clap:clap:clap

I'm down to 5 rounds of quilting and then the binding. :manyheart

I 'm back! I finished 5 baby hats and assembled squares i was given and made it into a baby ghan. Want to make a couple more hats, but my totals are

ONE blanket

FIVE hats

Congratulations, Judy!  That's great!

The Project Linus quilt is out to the last border will see if I get it finished today or not. 

Welcome back everyone!  I am having trouble maneuvering around at this point, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it with practice.  I'll give everyone several days to get their totals posted and then Monday or Tuesday I'll get the overall totals posted.  Have a wonderful weekend!  :)

Archived