January Charity Get-Together: 1/17 ~ 1/22

busy-bee-lmt

Yay! Game on, indeed! :cheer:cheer:cheer I've got lot of hot water on for coffee and tea and hot chocolate. And I picked up chocolate covered mini-donuts at the store yesterday for snacking on. Grab a donut and beverage of your choice and away we go.

I'll be starting with the quilting of the Project Linus quilt that I pinned together yesterday. I also have two prayer shawls partially done and a preemie afghan almost done. I'll be alternating working on those with working on the quilt.

Game on!

I have appx 120 saltines ready. one more round and then join.

the result should be a scarf and a baby blanket :hook If I get those finished

I have partially done squares for two more baby blankets, and saltines for another couple of scarves---

Yes , I always have that many going - assembly line style-- so when I get bored with one I can work on something else :crocheting

WOW!!! That's a lot of saltines done and in the works! :cheer:cheer:cheer

My goal is 18" doll clothes for my Christmas donation project. I have a couple of projects started that need to be finished. This is a good time to get them done. I'm in a groove, but I can't help but think by February the model doll is going to be in a closet and I'm going to be working on Easter ami's for family. I just go through periods where I am on a roll and then don't want to see the projects again for months.:lol:lol

I know what you mean about working on things in spurts. I do the same thing. And yet we accomplish a lot. :cheer:cheer:cheer

I've got a pair of slippers almost done but ran out of yarn. :( So I have to wait until Monday to go to town and get another skein at Hobby Lobby to finish the last 3 rounds.

But I plan to work on baby bibs in cotton so I should be able to get something done by this weekend. I have plenty of cotton. :hook

The bibs should be a great thing to work on until you can get the yarn for the slippers. I hate it when I'm almost done and then run out. :hug

I'm off to get a mug of tea. It's rainy here, so a really good day to be crafting. Go, Team, Go!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.:: Morning all....................

its been a rough week so far............

my husband is still suffering from shingles and the flu... two of my boys are dealing with sinus colds... my 16yr old is in a neck brace due to a wrestling injury... my Aunt passed away Tuesday night.... and dear friends of ours ... two of their oldest boys were in a 3 car accident last night. They are alive ...but beat up pretty bad.

My head isnt real clear these days.... but I'll be working on some sort of charity items this run. It may be items to donate to one of the places my Aunt donated too... in her honor... not sure yet.

hugs to all....

and happy crocheting!

got to thinking............. would it count if I were to make comfort'ghans for my friends boys? I want to wrap them in big blanket hugs from me as they spend the next several weeks healing.

a hot tea and some mini donuts,will warm me up with this 5th day of drizzle,and tomorrow the four letter S word is in the forecast.

So nice that you joined us,Dragonpuck

Tam,good luck and fast healing for everyone

WOW!!! That's a lot of saltines done and in the works! :cheer:cheer:cheer

well I have help with those :manyheart

my friends a CFAC send them to me and I do the joining ( those particular scarves will go to pine ridge reservation) but I did make the first 120 myself out of super soft RH Shimmer makes wonderfully soft but elegant scarves :hook

Okay! First project completed (including weaving in all the ends.) :lol One multicolored preemie blanket. The last two rounds are in forest green. :hook

post-9295-135897797439_thumb.jpg

I've got the first two of many rounds of quilting done, too. :sew I'm about to make my second mug of hot tea. :mug

You all have been so busy already. I worked today but now I'm ready to relax and work on some squares.

Tam, I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through.

Hi, Linda! I haven't joined in on this in ages...

I'll be making baby hats for the NICU...and maybe start some blankets too. Just yesterday I gave a saltine baby ghan and 3 hats to my nurse friend for the unit...they don't count for this...LOL!

my husband is still suffering from shingles and the flu... two of my boys are dealing with sinus colds... my 16yr old is in a neck brace due to a wrestling injury... my Aunt passed away Tuesday night.... and dear friends of ours ... two of their oldest boys were in a 3 car accident last night. They are alive ...but beat up pretty bad.

My head isnt real clear these days.... but I'll be working on some sort of charity items this run. It may be items to donate to one of the places my Aunt donated too... in her honor... not sure yet.

hugs to all....

and happy crocheting!

got to thinking............. would it count if I were to make comfort'ghans for my friends boys? I want to wrap them in big blanket hugs from me as they spend the next several weeks healing.

Wow so many things happened to your family and friends. Big hugs of comfort going out to you. :hug

I think the comfortghans would be wonderful items for the boys as they heal. I would totally vote to say that counts. It's gifts from our hearts to others and that is what this is really all about in my mind.

I finished off 2 outfits that were partially done and completed one full 18" doll outfit.

Yay, Bailey!! Way to go, gal!!! :clap:clap:clap

Hi, Linda! I haven't joined in on this in ages...

I'll be making baby hats for the NICU...and maybe start some blankets too. Just yesterday I gave a saltine baby ghan and 3 hats to my nurse friend for the unit...they don't count for this...LOL!

Hi, Judy. Great to have you join us again. :manyheart

hugs to all....

and happy crocheting!

I would think so. As Cindy said, it's for others who are in need of comfort, so go ahead.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the quilt I'm working on. I started quilting in the middle and have progressed outward to the inside of the middle black border.

post-9295-135897797456_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897797451_thumb.jpg

Oh, Tammy!!! Hugs to everyone. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hugThank you :hug

a hot tea and some mini donuts,will warm me up with this 5th day of drizzle,and tomorrow the four letter S word is in the forecast.

So nice that you joined us,Dragonpuck

Tam,good luck and fast healing for everyone Thanks so much!

Okay! First project completed (including weaving in all the ends.) :lol One multicolored preemie blanket. The last two rounds are in forest green. :hook VERY NICE!!!!

[ATTACH]61894[/ATTACH]

I've got the first two of many rounds of quilting done, too. :sew I'm about to make my second mug of hot tea. :mug

You all have been so busy already. I worked today but now I'm ready to relax and work on some squares.

Tam, I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through. Thank you!!!

Wow so many things happened to your family and friends. Big hugs of comfort going out to you. :hugThanks sweetie!!!!

I think the comfortghans would be wonderful items for the boys as they heal. I would totally vote to say that counts. It's gifts from our hearts to others and that is what this is really all about in my mind. Oh thanks........ I'm workin' on one as we speak!!! :hug

Yay, Bailey!! Way to go, gal!!! :clap :clap :clap

Hi, Judy. Great to have you join us again. :manyheart

I would think so. As Cindy said, it's for others who are in need of comfort, so go ahead. :whew Awesome! Thats what I'm going to do then this time 'round! :hug

Here are pictures of the front and back of the quilt I'm working on. I started quilting in the middle and have progressed outward to the inside of the middle black border. I absoultely love that quilt! you do such awesome work!!!!

[ATTACH]61897[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61898[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

such nice finished items

I've yet to get near the hook and yarn today

Hey, don't worry about it. There is still plenty of time. :hug

I finished up the day working on a Celtic knot prayer shawl. It's been a while since I worked on it and it took a while to figure out where I was in the pattern and to get into the swing of the crochet stitches used in it. Had to frog parts of the first row multiple times. :(

Great start everyone. :cheer:clap:cheer:clap :cheerSee you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Here are pictures of the front and back of the quilt I'm working on. I started quilting in the middle and have progressed outward to the inside of the middle black border.

[ATTACH]61897[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61898[/ATTACH]

Your quilt is beautiful. What a wonderful gift of love you are creating. :cheer

Looks like everyone has gotten a good start on all the different projects for this month's charity blast. I'm working on a crocodile baby bib project which has been a bit challenging but I'm hoping all the frogging will result in a unique baby bib pattern I can share. At least that is my hope. :think

The quilt is gorgeous- I could never get my head around all the seams

( she says as she makes a baby blanket with 3.5 inch crocheted squares:devil)

anyway-- I got 30 finished yesterday- errands and the company awards dinner took away a good amount of crochet time

Good morning! :manyheart It is markedly colder here today, but the sun is shining for the first time in days. Looks like the sleet and snow missed us, too, which is a very good thing. No one down here knows how to drive on it, including me after living down here for 10 years now. :lol

Your quilt is beautiful. What a wonderful gift of love you are creating. :cheer

Thank you.

Looks like everyone has gotten a good start on all the different projects for this month's charity blast. I'm working on a crocodile baby bib project which has been a bit challenging but I'm hoping all the frogging will result in a unique baby bib pattern I can share. At least that is my hope. :think

Oh this sounds so different and cute. Can't wait to see pictures of it. :cheer:cheer:cheer

The quilt is gorgeous- I could never get my head around all the seams

( she says as she makes a baby blanket with 3.5 inch crocheted squares:devil)

You are so funny. :lol:lol:lol

anyway-- I got 30 finished yesterday- errands and the company awards dinner took away a good amount of crochet time

Sounds like you got a lot done in spite of interruptions.

Hope everyone has a great weekend with time for crafting sandwiched in here and there. :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Linda, the fabric quilt is gorgeous!:clap

Well, I have 2 sk of Caron SS (pink and white) and some turqua all set aside for baby hats. I finally made th efirst round on a white one:lol They work up fast. I might try some other patterns, too, just to break up the tedium of using the same pattern.

Good morning, everyone. I made some fresh hot brownies this morning to go with our beverages, as well as some fresh, home-made eggnog. One batch of brownies has chopped pecans and the other has chocolate chips. Don't want to get anyone with nut allergies in trouble. Lots of tea, coffee, and cocoa availabe. So let's see what we can accomplish today in and among the normal weekend activities. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Good morning, everyone. I made some fresh hot brownies this morning to go with our beverages, as well as some fresh, home-made eggnog. One batch of brownies has chopped pecans and the other has chocolate chips. Don't want to get anyone with nut allergies in trouble. Lots of tea, coffee, and cocoa availabe. So let's see what we can accomplish today in and among the normal weekend activities. :cheer :cheer :cheer

Yummo....I can only dream.....:c9

Anywho, I made a teeny preemie hat this morning and am working on a larger size one now....

When I'm done I'll pile them up and take one picture:hook

I have my second baby bib done in the crocodile stitch that I have been working on. I think I've got the pattern down now and will crochet another one today to make sure I've got the pattern perfected. I hope to share the free pattern soon once I get it all written up on my blog.

Here is a photo of the first bib I crocheted. It's not as good as the one I finished today as I was still learning the stitch but you get the idea of how it looks in the crocodile stitch.

post-10977-135897797579_thumb.jpg

post-10977-135897797582_thumb.jpg

Archived