January Charity Get-Together: 1/17 ~ 1/22

busy-bee-lmt

It's that time again. We will be getting together to make things for charity (people and animals.) Any crafts are fine and any recipiants as long as it's a charity. I find that having a group of us working together is a super good incentive and it's always amazing how much we can accomplish. Please feel free to join us for a day or the whole time. We chat, craft, and share pictures of our progress. At the end of the time we post our totals in Big Bold letters and then I will post a combined totals list. :manyheart And if you want to start a little early or run a little late that is fine too. :manyheart

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That time coming up already? I'm in. Lapghans, as usual. By then I hope to be working on a spiral pattern. I've never done one and I'm looking forward to trying one. I think I'll start simple with the two color spiral.

Welcome everyone. Looks like we'll have a very good turnout this month. Plenty of room for more, too. :D

I'll be using either my crochet hook :hook or my sewing machine :sew or both. I've got two prayer shawls in the works and a third that's for me (I think.) I've got a twin bed sized quilt for Project Linus in the works as well. I still have to figure out how to get it pinned together without everything shifting while I do it, but I may have come up with a solution. We'll see if it works between now and then. :lol And I've got a request for some baby blankets from one of my local charity groups, as well, either crocheted or quilted. Should be enough to keep me busy. :devil

I got the nicest thank you note from the local tech high school that collects toys to answer holiday wishes yesterday for my crochet dolls clothes, play food, and actual dolls. As much as I enjoy thinking about the kids playing with the toys on Christmas morning, I also like thinking about how much the high school kids get out of running this program.

I got the nicest thank you note from the local tech high school that collects toys to answer holiday wishes yesterday for my crochet dolls clothes, play food, and actual dolls. As much as I enjoy thinking about the kids playing with the toys on Christmas morning, I also like thinking about how much the high school kids get out of running this program.

That's fantastic, Bailey.

I'm going to be a party pooper and drop out of this for this month. Last year I cranked out 25 lapghans, 5 baby afghans, a Christmas tree skirt and six hat/scarf sets. I am crocheted out and, as much as I love it, I really need a break.

I'm getting all excited about picking up cross stitch again after a lot of years away from it. I'm just going to immerse myself in that for a while. I'm just hoping I can force myself to finish the lapghan that's almost done. I only have a row and a half and the edging to do, and it's an uphill battle. But the person who picks these up to hand off to someone else to take them to the hospice is coming next Tuesday and if I can finish it, all the big projects will be out of my way. The rest will just have an extended nap time in their baskets. But I'll be back!

Just because I am so enthusiastic I have to share, this is the one I'll be leaving at work for downtime there: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZKA8KC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

The one for home will maybe be this one: http://www.amazon.com/Peacocks-inspired-Nouveau-Stained-Watercolor/dp/B004UP9Z5M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2GWPSZHGJ3Q52&coliid=IT8ZZSIMT8UDQ

Or maybe I'll get a pattern book I fell in love with and do one of those. I haven't really decided on the second one yet. :think

I'm going to be a party pooper and drop out of this for this month. Last year I cranked out 25 lapghans, 5 baby afghans, a Christmas tree skirt and six hat/scarf sets. I am crocheted out and, as much as I love it, I really need a break.

I'm getting all excited about picking up cross stitch again after a lot of years away from it. I'm just going to immerse myself in that for a while. I'm just hoping I can force myself to finish the lapghan that's almost done. I only have a row and a half and the edging to do, and it's an uphill battle. But the person who picks these up to hand off to someone else to take them to the hospice is coming next Tuesday and if I can finish it, all the big projects will be out of my way. The rest will just have an extended nap time in their baskets. But I'll be back!

Just because I am so enthusiastic I have to share, this is the one I'll be leaving at work for downtime there: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZKA8KC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

The one for home will maybe be this one: http://www.amazon.com/Peacocks-inspired-Nouveau-Stained-Watercolor/dp/B004UP9Z5M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2GWPSZHGJ3Q52&coliid=IT8ZZSIMT8UDQ

Or maybe I'll get a pattern book I fell in love with and do one of those. I haven't really decided on the second one yet. :think

We'll miss you, Donna, but totally understand. Looking forward to seeing you back with us later in the year. :hug

Hi Donna, those are ambitious cross stitch projects! Good luck.

I am in, and like someone else said - I repeat myself - I will make cat mats and toys!

Too bad we're not starting sooner. I'll be 3 hours watching the Packers beat the 49ers tonight and I am sure I'll have a hook in my hand!

I will be making scarves for "Handmade Especially for you" they are given to battered women in shelters, as a form of comfort and inspiration. The chapter in my home town also gives baby items so I will be sending baby blankets and caps along with scarves.

Right now I have 1 scarf and one baby blanket started

I will be making scarves for "Handmade Especially for you" they are given to battered women in shelters, as a form of comfort and inspiration. The chapter in my home town also gives baby items so I will be sending baby blankets and caps along with scarves.

Right now I have 1 scarf and one baby blanket started

Welcome, Lynn. That sounds like a wonderful charity. Good for you. :clap

Are you ready for tomorrow? I got my quilt sandwich put together this morning at my church "In Stitches" craft group meeting. Now it's ready for quilting for the Project Linus program. Actually I pinned it 1 1/2 times since I had a bad pucker on the back that required unpinning half of it and redoing that half. :lol And I need to add just a bit more to the backing material on one end. :P I didn't come out quite even. :lol Oh, well, at least it's finally together. :devil

Game on!

I have appx 120 saltines ready. one more round and then join.

the result should be a scarf and a baby blanket :hook If I get those finished

I have partially done squares for two more baby blankets, and saltines for another couple of scarves---

Yes , I always have that many going - assembly line style-- so when I get bored with one I can work on something else :crocheting

My goal is 18" doll clothes for my Christmas donation project. I have a couple of projects started that need to be finished. This is a good time to get them done. I'm in a groove, but I can't help but think by February the model doll is going to be in a closet and I'm going to be working on Easter ami's for family. I just go through periods where I am on a roll and then don't want to see the projects again for months.:lol:lol

I've got a pair of slippers almost done but ran out of yarn. :( So I have to wait until Monday to go to town and get another skein at Hobby Lobby to finish the last 3 rounds.

But I plan to work on baby bibs in cotton so I should be able to get something done by this weekend. I have plenty of cotton. :hook

Archived