Kansas crocheters

Samminag - The group is still meeting on saterday, as far as I know. It will likely be a smaller group this weekend. But, that can't be helped. The group size varries from 4 for about 18 Ithink we had one saterday. I have both knitted and crocheted there... ALl of the women knit. I've only ever seen one other crocheter. But, the group doesn't care. Also, if you ever wanted to learn how to knit, I would be more than happy to teach you.

If anyone tried to show up for the Lawrence Knitting/Crochet get together that I mentioned, I don't htink it happoned today. I went to Miltons, and there was a sign on the door saying they were closed for the day due to the AC being broken. I didn't wait around to see if anyone else showed up who wanted to go elsewhere... The group should meet again on the 10th of June.

I was thinking of the Starry Night Cafe on 6th. It is a little ways down on 6th but pretty easy to get to. Saturdays are okay for me but I would have to do it a little later in the day. I work until 8 but I am the boss so if I need to leave early I can.

I was just about to say, that I had never heard of the Stary Night Cafe, when I dawned on me, it might be in Topkia. Not Lawrence. Well, it just goes to show you how traped on one mind-set I can get.

I just checked on line, and the Starry Night Cafe closes at 7pm. The place looked really nice. I'm kinda sad that we won't get to meet there.

I just checked on line, and the Starry Night Cafe closes at 7pm. The place looked really nice. I'm kinda sad that we won't get to meet there.

Then I'd recommend we do Perkins or Starbucks. They are both easy for those of us in Lawrence to get to from the highway. They are both open until 11pm :P:hooklot's of crochet time;)

As it turned out I decided not to make it to Milton's. I'm sorry I didn't let you know sooner. We just had lots to do this weekend. I can't make the first meeting in June because I will be attending the a Spinning Workshop at the Yarn Barn. :c9

Spinning lessons sound like fun. But, I think DH would shoot me if I found a way to get more yarn in this house... That will have to wait a few years before I can take up spinning....

Perkins or Starbucks sounds good to me. (I've never been in a Perkins before, being new to kansas, myself. But if you all think it would work, I'm up for it. ) Thanks for checking on hours for those.

Is there more than one Perkins/Starbucks in Topkia ? I know most towns have more than one starbucks.

I would much rather if we are meeting in the evening to meet at some place public and easy to find off the highway. I would get lost trying to find someones house late at night 'cause I have terrible night vision. I get can get lost during the day too but I can see much better to find my way eventually.

The Starbucks I was thinking of is the free standing one next to On the Border but Perkins is fine too. They have a nice outdoor area we could gather around and crochet. I know how to find both Perkins and Starbucks as I meet there with other for book club and MNO.

I think that someplace right off the highway would be best. I've never been to Topkia, and I really wouldn't want to get lost going to our first get together. Since I don't know the area, I am fine with whatever you all think is best. Though, I gotta admit, Starbucks sounds good to me. Just as long as someone can tell me where it is.

Thanks for the address. I can now figure out how to get there. As for schedueling, I am flexable. A few days ago we were going with Saterday, but sunday is also good for me. Whatever works best for everyone else.

Hi,

I know this is short notice but I am driving to Lawerence Tuesday morning on an errand for my DH. So since I am there I just have to stop at the Yarn Barn. :clap If anyone is available on such short notice let me know. Maybe we can pet the yarn and then go grab a cup of coffee or lunch if it is that time :)

PM me and I will give you my cell phone # so we can coordinate.

Barbara

• 1 month later...

Susan. I am in Lawrence, along with a few others here. I would be happy to get together with you and crochet together. Also, my knitting group welcomes crocheters. Several of the knitters crochet, too. Though, I'm the only one who really does it at the group. We meet the 2nd and 4th Saterdays of the month a 3:30 at Miltons. So our next meeting is on Sunday the 22nd.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to get to the site for a while so I'm a bit out of the loop so to say. But, I don't think any progress has been made on a crochetville get together.

However, the knitting group I've mentioned a few times is very welcomeing to crocheters (several of the members know how to crochet, and several don't). I was the first crocheter to show up, but since then a few more have stoped by. (Though, I sometimes knit at the meeting.) It might be a bit far if you don't live in the Lawrence area, but anyone is welcome. We meet the second and fourth saterday of the month at 3:30 at Miltons (it's a coffee shop on Mass street, a few doors down from the Yarn Barn). Please feel free to stop by if you're in the area.

Archived