Kansas crocheters

I'm not in Kansas, yet. But I'm moving out there in Nov or Dec. If you get something started, I would love to join. I'm moving to Larence, which I'm told isn't tooo far from Kansas City. ( I am not sure. I havn't been there yet...)

Depending on where in KC she is....not too far, maybe 20 - 30 minutes. I live in Topeka, which is about 20 minutes from Lawrence, it sits between the two, and has the BEST yarn shop on Massachusetts St.

Great to have you both close.:manyheart

Depending on where in KC she is....not too far, maybe 20 - 30 minutes. I live in Topeka, which is about 20 minutes from Lawrence, it sits between the two, and has the BEST yarn shop on Massachusetts St.

Great to have you both close.:manyheart

I think that shop is the Yarn Barn, right ? I posted to teh other Kansas thread and someone recomended that shop to me. I can't wait to go and see it in person. (I've been to thier webpage. ) When my husband and I are out in a few weeks house hunting, I am going to have to take a yarn break and go in there...

Yes, the Yarn Barn. The ladies in there are great. They have classes and just get togethers where you can just go and knit or crochet together.

I'm so glad to hear that. My mom and I go to one of the local shops in MD every wensday night for a sit and stich... I am so nervious about the move and finding and job and such out there. It's good to know I will have a good local yarn shop.... Now I can't wait to visit them in two weeks when I"m in town house hunting. I really enjoy the evening get togethers to sit around and work on projects and talk. So if there's one out there when I get there in November, I will do my best to try and join.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be out in Lawrence, soon. I can't belive that the move is comming up that fast... . My last day of work is Veteran's Day.... Then I'm jobless.....

Anyways, back to the point of this post. I was just wondering if any sort of a get togther had been arragned. I would love to join one when I get out there....

I don't think anything had been thrown together. But anything's possible! Good luck on the move, and hope you find a job. There is an engineering school at K-State in Manhattan. I know that would be a pretty long commute. You could also check KU and see what they have to offer.

I didn't think anything had been worked out for a get together. I just thought I would check. My mom and I go to one hosted by our LYS out here. (It's mostly knitters, but they are all really nice women, and one guy comes sometimes.) I am really gonna miss that group of women. Hopefully, we all can come up with something. If not this winter, than in the spring as suggested in the orignal post.

K-State is a little far away for heading there for school. But, KU has an engineering program that I've looked into. It's to late to start in January there, but I've got plenty of time to pull things together for the Fall, if I decied I want to do that. The good thing is, I have almost a month of paid vaction saved up from my current job that I will be "takeing" after my last day. So that gives me a month with money comming in that I can use to find some job. Even if it's picking up holiday retail work at a store or going back to being a sectary/receptionist/bookeeeper's assistant like I used to do. Something to help the budget out some.

Hello All!

Nothing has been planned yet but will let you know something soon. I just moved from Wyandotte County to Johnson County so I hope to find local crocheters to start up our own group. :hook

Angie!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am Topeka. I have been really wanting to meet up with people into crocheting in my area. I was thinking about trying to get together a friday night hookers group. If anyone is interested let me know.

Cool, we don't have to do it on fridays. We could be the saturday night hookers instead.:lol Well, let me see who else I can round up and I will let you know. It probably won't be until after the holidays.

Hey Ladies! I am in Johnson County (Gardner) and I'd love to get together! One of the local yarn stores has a DEAK ("Drop Everything And Knit") night, but I called and they said crocheters were welcome, too!

:clap

Please let me know who's available to get together!

Well, I finnally made it out here to Kansas. (Still surrounded by boxes.) I would love to find a sit and crochet/knit night somewhere around. Just let me know when and where, and I will do my best to make it.

• 5 months later...

Nashville Crocheter was asking about the Kansas City area. It got me thinking about this thread. I thought maybe now would be a good time to try again to see if anyone was intrested in getting together.

I would love to. I can't remember are you in lawrence or manhattan? Either way I am not far and I make it to both places often. I would be happy to host something in my house as well.

I'm in Lawrence. Maybe we could set something up that rotated between Lawrence and Topkia since I know there are a few crocheters in both areas. This way no one group has to travel to far each time.

If you wanted to start in Lawrence, there is a great coffee shop on the same block as yarn barn. My knitting group (though, a few of us crochet at it) meet there. They don't mind us sitting there for a few hours.

I don't really know of anything in the Topkia area since I'm so new to Kansas that I havn't been out that way yet. But, I'm sure there would be plenty of places to meet up at.

My schedule is very flexable since I havn't found a job yet since moving here. (I worked for the Navy and there just isn't a lot of jobs that need that experiance here...... )

Hi all,

I didn't realize this thread had gotten so current. I live in Lawrence and would love to get together with others. I recently joined CGOA and have considered starting a GGOA chapter here in Lawrence, KS where I live. Would anyone be interested in helping that get going?

Starting in Lawrence sounds good. There is a coffee shop here that has lots of room and is easy to find from the highway or I wouldn't mind hosting at my house. I am generally free wednesdays, sundays, and after 8 the rest of the time.

Sounds like starting in Lawrence is ok with everyone. (We can move it around or whatever as we go.)

Now, we need to pick a good day/time. My schedule is flexable. What would work best for everyone. Last time this thread was going, saterday night was suggested. How does that work for everyone ? I'm not saying this saterday since people will likely have plans for the holiday weekend... But, in general, how are saterdays ?

I have a knitting/crochet group that meets at Miltons (coffee shop near Yarn Barn on Mass in Lawrence) the 2nd and 4th saterdays each month at 3:30.... But, I could meet latter in the day with you all .... Or of course, anyone is welcome to come to the knitting/crochet group. (It's mostly knitters, though).

Saturdays, should work for me for me if it's once a month. I really can't meet during the day as I have kids and they are at home even in the school year because we homeschool.

I'll try to do Topeka but when the weather gets bad I'm less likely to drive. What coffee place off the highway in Topeka were you thinking of? I know where On the Border is which has a Starbucks next to it but it's kind of small but has a nice outdoor space which could be good for summertime.

Then there is the Perkins on Wannamaker road I think would that work for Topeka?

Dejiha,

I might show up at the group you attend in Lawrence this Sat. Is it still happening considering it's Memorial Day Weekend?

Do you crochet at the meeting or do you knit? My dh might fight me for attending he's the one who knits. I do want to learn. I kind of know how.

Archived