snow flakes

hi everyone, i am working on making crocheted snowflakes. seeing the real stuff that rebecca posted this week made me want to make some, i add sparkle stuff to mine, do any of you:)h vicki:))

hi, it is they are so pretty on the christmas tree and also even in the window, i hang a bunch in the window for decoration. their easy to do, if you want i can help you:)h , vicki:))

Yeppers! I've got to finish my gallery page for my whopping large number of five flakes done. Yes, I need to make a lot more, too.

I'm using cornstarch to stiffen my flakes, but have learned the hard way that glitter won't stick well to the flakes. So I need to figure out a better way to do that, possibly brush them with a diluted white glue and sprinkle it on that way.

hi what i do is after i stiffen them i reapply the stiffner(i use jiffy stiffener, alenes works good too) and then just put the glitter on then. the adhesive glue works good too , like was said. show pictures please of the gallery!!!!!:rotfl at least you have more done than me!!!! i'm on my 3rd. :lol . have a super day vicki:)h

I've got two more blocking tonight, when they are dry in a little while I'll take pictures and finish the page. That brings me to seven, I'm so happy! :yay2 I've got an unlimited number left to do, but every one done is one more I have.

I spent a little more time working the glitter into the cornstarch slime on the flakes. Worst case I can get the spray adhesive as Elizabeth suggested. I like the cornstarch, and I have a box of it now I'll never finish up except for this and the occasional baking fit. We went to Wal-Mart this afternoon and I totally forgot to look, which is typical of me. I forget stuff all the time. :oops

Archived