Dishcloths of 2013 ~ CAL...........

teakaycee

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son gave me a couple Christmas cotton yarn. I already had 2 skeins of it, I made 2 dishcloth's last night and finished up 2 pot holders. Now this coming December I'll have new potholders and dishcloth's for my kitchen.

I'll try to get photos soon.

Hi Everyone! I haven't been online much this week, but I have gotten a little bit of :crocheting done. I managed one dishcloth and one scarf and started on a scrap afghan. I think I got my mojo back! :hook Now let's just see if I remember how to post a picture here! :lol

Well, it posted, but I don't know how to get it up here. It's below everything else, :lol. I don't know the name of the pattern. All I have written down is crocheted dishcloth and it came from here. It's just basically ch 28 (or whatever) sc, dc in next, sc, across. Do whatever border you want.

Tonight I need to play in my Sashay yarn though.... I have a bunch of Ruffle Scarfs to make for a belated Christmas we having at my moms this weekend!

:mug

I love the ruffle scarf you posted! I bought one skein of the sashay to try it. I hope I like it. I don't usually like "fancy" yarns! They are hard to work with.:lol

This is my first dish cloth AND my first time to do anything with a basket weave pattern. I had a lot of fun doing it - but man, it used up a lot of yarn!

Very nice!!! I love the looks of basketweave, but it does take up a lot of yarn!

[quote=teakaycee;2534994

But I did manage to get one of my dishcloth patterns posted on my blog today for Freebie Friday.... Enjoy!

:heart

Thank you so much for sharing! I've got it printed and it will be my next dishcloth!

Good afternoon!

Just checking in. I had a little cotton thread so I tried Tam's pattern and made 2 dishcloths. I really love this pattern. Thanks Tam.

Beautiful!!!

post-16860-135897796574_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Luv, blue is my fav color...well blue and hot pink !! That is what I want to try for my 1st project here, is it from a pattern listed above? I have seen so many beautiful dishrags today, almost makes me want to do dishes...NOT

Hi All-

Just found this thred and read all the posts. Id like to join you. I also enjoy making and gifting dish cloths in my own "unique" way...

I make 3 round (all the same pattern and size but different cotton cloths). Then I make a larger round different color cloth. I take the 3 smaller ones and make them into "roses" then place them into the larger one and tie them all together with yarn or pretty ribbon. When complete it looks like a bouquet of flowers....pretty idea for gift giving. ;)

If you'd like I can posts more details ...:hook

hi everyone! i know have completed since this cal started 6 dish clothes and 2 potholders

i will try to post pic:photo tomorrow

i've tried a couple of round ones and cant get past the first couple rounds. think i'll stay with what i know :lol

Can I count the dishrags I made this and last week. i did not use the cotton, I did not know and used reg yarn. But I got the cotton today, wm had peaches and cream. I got 2 of each color they had, no clue how much it takes to make 1. They are I think 2 oz. Here are pics of the 3 I made this week and last. I want to make that 1 for my 1st from here like Luvs but I realized I have no blue, LOL.

post-65480-135897796587_thumb.jpg

post-65480-13589779659_thumb.jpg

Hi All-

Just found this thred and read all the posts. Id like to join you. I also enjoy making and gifting dish cloths in my own "unique" way...

I make 3 round (all the same pattern and size but different cotton cloths). Then I make a larger round different color cloth. I take the 3 smaller ones and make them into "roses" then place them into the larger one and tie them all together with yarn or pretty ribbon. When complete it looks like a bouquet of flowers....pretty idea for gift giving. ;)

Do you have a picture you can post? I'm a visual person...

Hi All-

Sounds pretty! I'd love to see them. Please show us some pictures!!!

Yes, details, please, more details, :lol

hi everyone! i know have completed since this cal started 6 dish clothes and 2 potholders

i will try to post pic:photo tomorrow

i've tried a couple of round ones and cant get past the first couple rounds. think i'll stay with what i know :lol

Wow, you've been busy! Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Can I count the dishrags I made this and last week. i did not use the cotton, I did not know and used reg yarn. But I got the cotton today, wm had peaches and cream. I got 2 of each color they had, no clue how much it takes to make 1. They are I think 2 oz. Here are pics of the 3 I made this week and last. I want to make that 1 for my 1st from here like Luvs but I realized I have no blue, LOL.

Very nice!!!

:sun..... Goooooooooooood Morning my cotton playing friends!.............

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hubby has a head cold ... so because he's still resting.. I let the boys sleep in.

I have one heck of a headache and my sinus are draining ...so my throat is sore... :sigh

Good thing our church has video service we can watch online!!!!!

I realize after reading here I need a different kind of yarn than using on afghans? I keep seeing about cotton? can somone explain, new to all of this crocheting. My goodness, so many beautiful dishcloths I have just seen, and I want them all, LOL!!! Like Cindy said.... you can make dishcloths with the acrylic yarn... but most of us use the cotton. I personally think it holds up better for dishcloths! I want to make these my (for me) projects this year...fun stuff I mean. I hope i can find the yarn, have to drive about 22 miles to the city, walmart has about 1/4th of a aisle of yarn, and we have a hobby lobby, this is where I got what I have, I went to Joann fabrics and was extrmemly disappointed in their selection. perhaps because we have such a rural area, and closest big city is Columbus about 70 miles from me. I just ordered some from redheart.com a few days ago for 2 of my grandaughters a afghan. all 5 of oldest want them since I made the babies. I want totell you, I am so glad I found u all, such a enthusiastic and active group.!!!!I will make the dishrags, you can come use them for me, LOL

Tam, thanks fr sharing your pattern, it's beautiful.Thanks dear.... you're welcome!

Good afternoon!

Just checking in. I had a little cotton thread so I tried Tam's pattern and made 2 dishcloths. I really love this pattern. Thanks Tam. Oh my gosh... lovely colors!!! you're so welcome! :hug

My son gave me a couple Christmas cotton yarn. I already had 2 skeins of it, I made 2 dishcloth's last night and finished up 2 pot holders. Now this coming December I'll have new potholders and dishcloth's for my kitchen. Yay.... :yay... good deal!!!!

I'll try to get photos soon.

Hi Everyone! I haven't been online much this week, so good to see you! but I have gotten a little bit of :crocheting done. I managed one dishcloth and one scarf and started on a scrap afghan. Good for you!!! I think I got my mojo back! :hook Now let's just see if I remember how to post a picture here! :lol

Well, it posted, but I don't know how to get it up here. It's below everything else, :lol. I don't know the name of the pattern. All I have written down is crocheted dishcloth and it came from here. It's just basically ch 28 (or whatever) sc, dc in next, sc, across. Do whatever border you want. super cool!!!! love the yarn color!

I love the ruffle scarf you posted! I bought one skein of the sashay to try it. I hope I like it. I don't usually like "fancy" yarns! They are hard to work with.:lolThat yarn is so soft once made up into a scarf! I really like it... the scarves are fun... quick and make great last minute gifts!

Very nice!!! I love the looks of basketweave, but it does take up a lot of yarn!

Thank you so much for sharing! I've got it printed and it will be my next dishcloth! you're quite welcome!!!

Beautiful!!!

Hi All-

WELCOME!!!!!

I do the same thing! I have a tutorial on my blog on how to do this! :D

i will try to post pic:photo tomorrow Woo Hoo...... :woo... great job

Can I count the dishrags I made this and last week. i did not use the cotton, I did not know and used reg yarn. But I got the cotton today, wm had peaches and cream. I got 2 of each color they had, no clue how much it takes to make 1. They are I think 2 oz. Here are pics of the 3 I made this week and last. Oh.. .arent those pretty!!!! Great job!!! I want to make that 1 for my 1st from here like Luvs but I realized I have no blue, LOL.

:sun..... Goooooooooooood Morning my cotton playing friends!.............

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hubby has a head cold ... so because he's still resting.. I let the boys sleep in.

I have one heck of a headache and my sinus are draining ...so my throat is sore... :sigh

Good thing our church has video service we can watch online!!!!!

Hope you're both feeling better soon! I woke up with a migraine this morning so I've just been lazing about today. My order from JoAnn's came in and I can't even get up the energy to go thru it. You know I don't feel good! :lol Have a great day everyone!

Hope you're both feeling better soon!Thanks hon!!! I woke up with a migraine this morning so I've just been lazing about today.awww... man... I'm sorry!!! you feel better soon too sweetie! :hug My order from JoAnn's came in and I can't even get up the energy to go thru it. You know I don't feel good! :lol Have a great day everyone!

.:: Morning All.........................

just poppin' in to say HI

Its been a rough week... so I havent been on here

Hubby is still getting over shingles... and the flu

My younges two are dealing with sinus colds

My 16yr old is in a neck brace due to a wrestling injury

My beautiful Aunt who taught me to crochet and knit when I was 7 .... passed away Tuesday night

and some dear friends of ours ... two of their older boys were in a 3 car accident last night. They are alive but beat up pretty bad.

So my head hasnt been real clear lately.

But.... we'll all get through it!!

Once I get through this weekend going to my Aunts funeral... I'll be back at it. Back to playing in my cotton and being here!

have a great day everyone!!! :hug

Well here is the one I finished. Sorry for the horrible picture. Lol

It's very nice!

.:: Morning All.........................

just poppin' in to say HI

Its been a rough week... so I havent been on here

Hubby is still getting over shingles... and the flu

My younges two are dealing with sinus colds

My 16yr old is in a neck brace due to a wrestling injury

My beautiful Aunt who taught me to crochet and knit when I was 7 .... passed away Tuesday night

and some dear friends of ours ... two of their older boys were in a 3 car accident last night. They are alive but beat up pretty bad.

So my head hasnt been real clear lately.

But.... we'll all get through it!!

Once I get through this weekend going to my Aunts funeral... I'll be back at it. Back to playing in my cotton and being here!

have a great day everyone!!! :hug

Hugs and prayers heading your way. So sorry for your loss. :hug We got word yesterday that one of Andy's uncle's passed away. He was such a nice man. I'll be around too once I get my head screwed on straight! :lol Take care everyone!

Quick drive by........I've been a bad girl, I've made a few dishcloths but can't seem to get in gear to get the pics taken and on here! I'll try for this weekend!

Hugs Tam, gave you hugs on facebook but more doesn't hurt!

Hope all are feeling better if sick and staying warm where it is so cold (like here next week!).

Take care,

kuddles

.:: Morning Kids.....................

Thank you all for your love...hugs and prayers! They are very much appreciated and very much needed!

Hubby's tests came back showing signs of relapse. So Monday he gets admitted to the hospital and starts chemo again.

This is going to be a short post....as I have tons to do before we leave tonight for Joplin for my Aunts service.... but wanted to share another dishcloth pattern.

In honor of my Aunt.... my granny's dishcloth

Pattern can be found on my blog HERE

Enjoy!!

hugs to you all

Archived