Dishcloths of 2013 ~ CAL...........

teakaycee

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually gave my boss (a guy) a denin dishcloth for part of his christmas gift and he loved it! Go figure!

Said it was too pretty to use!

I did get an older Annie's dishcloth booklet, so I'm going to pick out one from there to make!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

i've been making dish clothes and potholder for christmas since november and i have lots of cotton! i'll be popping in and out

i recently even made with tunisian stitch (afghan)! first time ever!

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- Good Afternoon all....................

Sorry for being MIA the last few days....... we were on the road traveling home from our wonderful Christmas vacation in Florida!

I did manage to get some knitting and crocheting time in ... in the Jeep on the ride home.

got this set done....

post-18634-135897795606_thumb.jpg

started another set......

post-18634-135897795602_thumb.jpg

I crocheted a Ruffled scarf too....

post-18634-135897795609_thumb.jpg

I gave away nearly all the dishcloths I made last year, so I'll be back, making more dishcloths. :yay.... so glad you're back!!!

I actually gave my boss (a guy) a denin dishcloth for part of his christmas gift and he loved it! Go figure!

Very cool!

Said it was too pretty to use! LOL

I did get an older Annie's dishcloth booklet, so I'm going to pick out one from there to make! FUN!!! cant wait to see!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

i've been making dish clothes and potholder for christmas since november and i have lots of cotton! i'll be popping in and out :woo......

glad you'll be playing with us!!

i recently even made with tunisian stitch (afghan)! first time ever!

:heart

:mug

Tam, I loved your round/floral looking dishcloth, the one you left in Florida and the one you made on the way home. I would really love to make it if you can share the pattern.

I've joined the 15 projects CAL (to get rid of WIPs) and Judy's 2013 Gift CAL. I've spent the last few days organizing my yarn:eek. I think this CAL will help me get my :crocheting mojo back. I have sooooo many wips so I think completing a few dishclothes first will motivate me to get the wips done.

I'm looking forward to this CAL.

Hi gang! Mind if I join in? I started out with good intentions last year, but well, you know what they say about good intentions, :lol! This year I am planning on just making up a bunch of dishcloths to have on hand. If they become gifts, great! If not, oh well, I'll have some beautiful dishcloths to use myself! :hook Ok, time for a nap, then I'm going to figure out which pattern to use and I'll start my first dishcloth of 2013! :hook

Hello,

My mom loved making dishcloths. She passed away in December and now I own more balls of cotton yarn than I know what to do with, so here I am! She loved making them for gifts and would be mad at me if I didn't carry on.

I'll need to start with something easy-peasy.

Denise

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE...*

° ° ˛˚˛ * _Π____*

˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */________/~\。˚ ˚ ˛

˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ 田田|門|

How are you all doing?

Welcome Welcome Welcome to all that have joined!!!! :yay

Its so good to see you all here!

I will be posting the pattern to the two dishcloths I made on my blog sometime this week. I'll let you know when I do.

Tonight I need to play in my Sashay yarn though.... I have a bunch of Ruffle Scarfs to make for a belated Christmas we having at my moms this weekend!

So............... off to get a coffee refill and get my hook movin'

.:: Hi Ho everyone.......................

How are you all doing?

I'm good............busy busy busy as always! :whew

I've had my hands full with making several Ruffle scarves for a belated Family Christmas we're having at my moms tomorrow afternoon. :hook

But I did manage to get one of my dishcloth patterns posted on my blog today for Freebie Friday.... Enjoy!

This is my first dish cloth AND my first time to do anything with a basket weave pattern.Love it! you did a great job!!! I had a lot of fun doing it - but man, it used up a lot of yarn!

.:: Hi Ho everyone.......................

How are you all doing?

I'm good............busy busy busy as always! :whew

I've had my hands full with making several Ruffle scarves for a belated Family Christmas we're having at my moms tomorrow afternoon. :hook

But I did manage to get one of my dishcloth patterns posted on my blog today for Freebie Friday.... Enjoy!

THANK YOU for the pattern! This will have to be my next dishcloth. :)

I'm planning on joining. I would like to make one dishcloth per week. Can't wait to get started. :yay... so nice to have you join us!!! cant wait to see pics of your dishcloths!!

Just about finished with my first dishcloth! Lol. :yay...........cant wait to see it!!!

I want to join in making dishcloths please. Does everyone make the same 1 at certain times? ty

WELCOME!!!

This is just a place to play with our Cotton yarn.

We share pictures and patterns of dishcloths and just have fun visiting!

sometime throughout the year I would like to do a group cloth. :hook

I realize after reading here I need a different kind of yarn than using on afghans? I keep seeing about cotton? can somone explain, new to all of this crocheting. My goodness, so many beautiful dishcloths I have just seen, and I want them all, LOL!!! I want to make these my (for me) projects this year...fun stuff I mean. I hope i can find the yarn, have to drive about 22 miles to the city, walmart has about 1/4th of a aisle of yarn, and we have a hobby lobby, this is where I got what I have, I went to Joann fabrics and was extrmemly disappointed in their selection. perhaps because we have such a rural area, and closest big city is Columbus about 70 miles from me. I just ordered some from redheart.com a few days ago for 2 of my grandaughters a afghan. all 5 of oldest want them since I made the babies. I want totell you, I am so glad I found u all, such a enthusiastic and active group.!!!!I will make the dishrags, you can come use them for me, LOL

MamawNaNa, cotton yarn does work best for dishcloths, although I have heard of people using acrylic. Cotton is a lot more absorbent though. You should be able to find it at both Walmart and Joann's. You could also order online. Herrschners sells several kinds of cotton yarn. The only thing is, shipping really brings the cost up.

Lion makes a cotton yarn, Lily makes "Sugar and Cream", Hobby Lobby sells "I Love this Cotton" yarn and ours also sells "Sugar and Cream". There are lots of other brands as well. I've even heard of dishcloths made of crochet thread, although I wouldn't try that myself.

Archived