Dishcloths of 2013 ~ CAL...........

teakaycee

Well... here we are again...........I'm carrying this CAL over from last year because like myself.. there are others that enjoy making dishcloths.. and sharing the pics and patterns.

A dishcloth is a fun...simple... quick project that 'gives' in so many ways.

I feel great when making one ..because I can finish it in no time. I feel good being able to give them away as gifts... and they put a smile on someones face when they receive one! :U

So..... all that said....... lets get to having some fun with dishcloths.

:hook ~ pop in whenever you can.... share a dishcloth or simply comment on someone elses.

:knit ~ share a link or pattern so we can all play

:hook ~ dont forget pictures of your beautiful work

:knit ~ most of all.......... have fun!

No pressure.... No demands... No deadlines... just come play in the cotton yarn :yarn

Previous Dishcloth CAL links:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=61718

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94707

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=111559

Pattern links:

Crochet Pattern Central Dishcloths

ChrisCrossCrafts~FreeDishcloths

Fish Dishcloth

http://dishandwashclothmania.com/cloths-crochet/

365 dishcloth challenge

Flowers go round

:heart

:mug

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love my dishcloth that I made for myself - I'll have to subscribe to this thread!!

:yay............. good to see you!

Going to attempt to do better this year than last at participating in this thread. So, here's to many dishcloths in 2013! My goal is at least one per month. :)

Going to attempt to do better this year than last at participating in this thread. So, here's to many dishcloths in 2013! My goal is at least one per month. :)

:woo

That sounds great!

I have several sets of dishcloths I would like to make this year to use in Christmas gifts.

So I will be around more myself! :hook

I'm in, I can't count how many times crocheted dishcloths have saved me when I needed a quick hostess gift or birthday, they are great for charities also....

:yay.............. good to have you with us!!!!

Going to try to get alot of these done this year for gifts & personal.:manyheart

:yay........... good to have you here!

I think I will try and find some time to play in my cotton today.......... after I finish this pair of mittens! :hook

The washcloths my aunt made me are finally falling apart - after almost 15 years of regular use. I have been planning to make some new ones - for me and for my mom. If I have enough cotton yarn, I'll make some for others, too. :) fun, Fun, FUN!!!

I'll try to join in as often as possible as well.....I literally have 2 full tubs of cotton yarn!

kuddles

:woo

So Glad you've popped in!!!!!!!! :hug

HI Tam:

This one i'm joining as I have lots of dishcloths planned for gifts for this year too..

So will post as i get them started...

hugs

Lillibet

:yay

I'm so glad!!!!!

I love playing in my cotton yarn and dishcloths are the quickest thing to make when I'm in the mood for an instant finished project. And they sure do make great gifts!

Whipped this up earlier today!

post-18684-135897794568_thumb.jpg

Here's a pattern if you wanna make one

I hook

Sugar n' Cream yarn

ch 28

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across (27 sc) turn

Row 2: ch 1, sc in first st, *ch 1, skip next st, sc in next st ~ repeat from * across ending with sc in last st, turn

Row 3: ch 1, sc in first st, sc in ch 1 sp, *ch 1, skip next st, sc in next ch 1 sp ~ repeat from * to last 2 sts, sc in ch 1 sp, sc in last st, turn

Repeat rows 2 & 3 alternatively until desired length

Last row: ch 1, sc in each st and ch 1 sp across ~ Turn 90 degrees to work in the end of the rows for border

Border round: ch 2, dc 3x in end st of last row, *dc in each row end until reaching the corner, 3 dc in corner, turn 90 degrees, ~ repeat from * around, join with slip stitch into first dc of the 3 dc in first corner. Fasten off & weave in ends.

[ATTACH]61449[/ATTACH]

I hook

Sugar n' Cream yarn

ch 28

Row 2: ch 1, sc in first st, *ch 1, skip next st, sc in next st ~ repeat from * across ending with sc in last st, turn

Row 3: ch 1, sc in first st, sc in ch 1 sp, *ch 1, skip next st, sc in next ch 1 sp ~ repeat from * to last 2 sts, sc in ch 1 sp, sc in last st, turn

Last row: ch 1, sc in each st and ch 1 sp across ~ Turn 90 degrees to work in the end of the rows for border

Border round: ch 2, dc 3x in end st of last row, *dc in each row end until reaching the corner, 3 dc in corner, turn 90 degrees, ~ repeat from * around, join with slip stitch into first dc of the 3 dc in first corner. Fasten off & weave in ends.

Oooooooh........... how cool!!!

Thanks so much for sharing the pattern!!!! :hug

I'm in! I still have many dishcloth patterns to work from can't wait to make them!

:yay............... So glad you're going to be joining us!!!!

Just a quick hello! I did the 2 friendship squares last nite for that cal, next up doing the square over on ravelry in Melinda Miller's group, then I can do a dishcloth! I have soooo many free patterns sitting on my 'puter.....now to decide which one I will do first!

Looking forward to joining you all and all the eye candy...or should I say yarn candy!

kuddles

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

I'll be stalking this group as usual and hope to post a pic of one soon (as soon as Daniel gives me a few minutes). So good to see you!!! Here's hoping for some time with your hook today!

Just a quick hello! I did the 2 friendship squares last nite for that cal, next up doing the square over on ravelry in Melinda Miller's group, then I can do a dishcloth! I have soooo many free patterns sitting on my 'puter.....now to decide which one I will do first!

um......... do that one first ----> :hook

I think I'm gonna make a dishcloth set today.

Looking forward to joining you all and all the eye candy...or should I say yarn candy!

kuddles

My MIL saw my dishcloth post on :facebook and wants 4 of them! LOL So I guess I need to get more of that yarn and get busy.

My MIL saw my dishcloth post on :facebook and wants 4 of them! LOL So I guess I need to get more of that yarn and get busy.

LOL..............looks like you'll be busy!

Are you going to make them the same colors or all different?

She wants them all in the same color... which I don't have the label for, but I think I remember where I found that one. LOL

[ATTACH]61449[/ATTACH]

I hook

Sugar n' Cream yarn

ch 28

Nice dishcloth and thanks for the pattern.

Archived