It's the January 2013 Completed Projects Pics Added!

I've tried three times to upload a photo of my recently finished Strawberry Blossom square for a ravelry CAL but for some reason it won't upload. I'll keep trying tomorrow but for tonight I need sleep. The square is all in pinks and purples. It would make a really pretty pillow - which may be something I try (if I can get some more of the squares done - there are so many projects on my plate). So glad it's finished.

P.S. To those who offered me advice on the reverse sc stitch in another thread - THANK YOU! I had to do some for this square and it turned out beautifully - I think. My tension may have been too tight, I'm not sure.

Which CAL is it?

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edit: I finally got a picture to upload. I hope it's big enough to be seen.

I've tried three times to upload a photo of my recently finished Strawberry Blossom square for a ravelry CAL but for some reason it won't upload. I'll keep trying tomorrow but for tonight I need sleep. The square is all in pinks and purples. It would make a really pretty pillow - which may be something I try (if I can get some more of the squares done - there are so many projects on my plate). So glad it's finished.

P.S. To those who offered me advice on the reverse sc stitch in another thread - THANK YOU! I had to do some for this square and it turned out beautifully - I think. My tension may have been too tight, I'm not sure.

that is simply a beautiful square! Great job!

This is the lap afghan I finished early this morning. Hubby likes it!

Ohh pretty! Me likes too!

Finsihed an order today, she changed it at the last minute to 12 chap stick cozies, and two Krayon Keepers instead of the 15-18 chap stick cozies! The Krayon Keepers, are my invention, from way back, when I was the first one to think of them lol sold lots at the boutique, and lucklily remembered how to make them easily enough! I did not use any ones patterns, for either of these projects, winged it, as is my habit most of the time....Enjoy the pics, the Krayon Keepers, hold a box of 24 count crayons, and you can dress them up anyway you like. I chose a more simple design, as these are for 2 young little girls! You can't really see the crayon boxes, but they are there, I promise, lol:hook

post-40621-135897797464_thumb.jpg

abigail and teakaycee, where are the patterns for what u made, they are very pretty.

Hi, I just saw your message. The Tangled Web square can be found here. It's only going to be available for free through March, and then it will revert to full price. It's being featured in Melinda Miller's CAL ground on ravelry this month. The other pattern is just called 12" Granny and is available here. It's being featured as January's square in the 2013 Crochet Block A Month CAL group on ravelry as well.

Those are super cool!!!!

Thank you :hug

Gosh, everyone's finished items are just so great !!

Here is my first finished project for 2013, a preemie baby afghan.

Very beautiful!

So many beautiful things already! Love it!

I just finished this afghan for a silent auction at my Bible study and I hope it does well. :hook

I have the pattern on my Pinterest board. Every time I see something I want to make it just add it to my "Crochet Board" and then when I finish one project I just go there and 'pick' the next one.;)

I love this! I do the same thing. I'm always looking for new projects on my Pinterest boards.

did a little job, thought I would post it here now, it's for my brunch group in February! I like to work ahead, lol They are small Valentine's Lapel pins for the gals, the furry one, will be mine, as it was a tester, lol had the pattern in my head, found it a long time ago free online....... edited to add. heart pattern found here

Thanks Suzie!!

[ATTACH]61844[/ATTACH]

Cute Katie!

Edit: I finally got a picture to upload. I hope it's big enough to be seen.

I love this square! Yours turned out great! I'll have to post a pic of mine soon :)

This is the lap afghan I finished early this morning. Hubby likes it!

Very nice!

Finsihed an order today, she changed it at the last minute to 12 chap stick cozies, and two Krayon Keepers instead of the 15-18 chap stick cozies! The Krayon Keepers, are my invention, from way back, when I was the first one to think of them lol sold lots at the boutique, and lucklily remembered how to make them easily enough! I did not use any ones patterns, for either of these projects, winged it, as is my habit most of the time....Enjoy the pics, the Krayon Keepers, hold a box of 24 count crayons, and you can dress them up anyway you like. I chose a more simple design, as these are for 2 young little girls! You can't really see the crayon boxes, but they are there, I promise, lol:hook

[ATTACH]61900[/ATTACH]

Very Cute!

I just finished this coin purse. I had a bit of trouble sewing it in. The instructions said to split the 4 ply yarn into 2 ply and use that for sewing. It was hard to keep it from fraying. I may look into some other ways. I love the idea of making coin purses...but I am going to check out more tuts, and patterns. :hook

post-26206-135897798943_thumb.jpg

I just finished this coin purse. I had a bit of trouble sewing it in. The instructions said to split the 4 ply yarn into 2 ply and use that for sewing. It was hard to keep it from fraying. I may look into some other ways. I love the idea of making coin purses...but I am going to check out more tuts, and patterns. :hook

Very pretty. I hope one day to be able to do things like this.

OH so cute, wish I knew how to do them, they are to die for!! Where do you find your hardware, and such?? Love it!

OH so cute, wish I knew how to do them, they are to die for!! Where do you find your hardware, and such?? Love it!

The pattern I bought off of Etsy. The frame you can get at any JoAnn's Fabric store. The brand name is "Anything Mary". Unfortunately you can't get them on the web. The lady that sold the pattern said she may try to stock them. :think

I have ordered some different ones from eBay, and they are quite a bit cheaper but do have a different design. I am anxious to see how they look.

January is coming to an end soon! Have we all posted to date, what we completed this January?? I hope to add a couple more things, but who knows, this might be it for January. I need to go back through the posts, and see what all I did this month!! That will be fun!

Ok, so far....

6 hats for the homeless shelter

3 fingerless gloves sets

1 ghan,

8 valentine pins for my brunch bunch

2 KrayonKeepers

12 chap stick cozies!!

And numerous granny squares for the Granny Friendship cal!

That's not bad, more than I thought! And still days to go before the end of the month, a nice scarf sounds do=able!!!!! See ya here in a couple days!! :kick  :neener had to try some of these out!

Finished a few things so far (I still have 2 days of the month left lol) 

Ripple 'ghan for my dad

post-46820-0-66602800-1359500060_thumb.jpg

Some dish clothes

post-46820-0-49121200-1359500132_thumb.jpg

post-46820-0-51373300-1359500174_thumb.jpg

a square (I won't post pics because it's being sent for the CAL)

And I think that is all. I have a ripple I would LOVE to finish this month - so I best get to workin on that!

well, my total didn't change. I didn't do the scarf I wanted to do, just cleaned up my craft room, and organized a bit, and looked over my yarn, so even without the scarf, I think I did a lot more than I thought I had, so Im happy!! How bout you all, got pics of your month's work??? It's the last day of the month, so will start a new month tomorrow!!!  happy hookin all, see you next month!

I have been thinking this 1 of the many things I want to try. I am going to check on frame price. You doid a wonderful job

You have been busy Jessica! Love the brights in the dishcloths! And the ripple, looks nice and masculine!

Thank you!! He bought all the camo yarn - I didn't want it to be too bland, so I chose to do the orange - since he's a big hunter!!

It sounds similiar to the one started last yr called Boxing Day,by Dorothysgirls

we keep track of all things made for Charity for the year

I'm heading it up this year,I find it a good way to keep track

and this one will fill the need of all things made that are not charity oriented

It sounds similiar to the one started last yr called Boxing Day,by Dorothysgirls

we keep track of all things made for Charity for the year

I'm heading it up this year,I find it a good way to keep track

and this one will fill the need of all things made that are not charity oriented

excellent! AS you do so much for so many! Glad to have you aboard Linda!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't get nearly as much done for February as I would have liked.. AND I couldn't find a thread for completed February works.. 

Dish cloth

post-46820-0-47668100-1362155912_thumb.jpg

Another dish cloth =]

post-46820-0-96257300-1362156043_thumb.jpg

ANOTHER dish cloth Lol...

post-46820-0-55760000-1362156076_thumb.jpg

Pot Scrubbie...

post-46820-0-34070800-1362156192_thumb.jpg

Square for my son's afghan he wants.. (I ended up getting 10 of them done - with 10 more to go..)

post-46820-0-35638400-1362156252_thumb.jpg

Round Ripple I did for my giant nephew who was born February 12th =] (When I say giant - He was 9 pounds 15.5 ounces & 23 inches long.. His mom is a whoppin' 4 foot 10 inches tall LOL!!!)

post-46820-0-22182100-1362156307_thumb.jpg

Archived