2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

Here are more afghans i have stashed away and plan to finish...hopefully.

Kylees is the round ripple and she loves bright and funky colors.

The black and red ripple is lucy's neat ripple pattern and its for kaitlyn...she picked the colors.

I started on kait's yesterday and wrote out the color pattern...should be 60" in length when done.

post-17735-0-14616000-1362058515_thumb.jpgpost-17735-0-30132100-1362058536_thumb.jpg

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are more afghans i have stashed away and plan to finish...hopefully soon....

This is. Kylees .... she is 9 and loves bright and funky colors

attachicon.gifIMAG0251.jpg

This is Kaitlyns...she is 11 and loves black and red

attachicon.gifIMAG0250.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0250.jpg

Both are gorgeous!! LOVE that RR :) I'm a HUGE fan of bright colors also!!

The black and red ripple is lucy's neat ripple pattern and its for kaitlyn...she picked the colors.

I started on kait's yesterday and wrote out the color pattern...should be 60" in length when done.

attachicon.gifIMAG0251.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0250.jpg

These are going to be gorgeous!

Those are going to be beautiful afghans.

I love that black and red one. :manyheart I've always thought red and black and white is such a striking combination. I'd like to do something in that color scheme one day!

Columns 1 & 2 pinned together for my son's afghan - just have to sew them together when I get back from taking him to the bus this morning.. 

Fully had it planned to do it yesterday but ended up spending about 2+ hours packing hospital bags lol.

Well, as promised, here is my  WIP for my daughter's wedding present.

The square was designed by the legendary Rita Weiss, called "Rose Garden."  However, I'm not using her suggested colors of red, green and yellow.  Instead, I had a lot of "I Love This Yarn" sparkle yarn in Royalty Blue and Peacock Green in my stash.  However, I'm running low on the Peacock, and my local Hobby Lobby has it on backorder.

Dilemma.  Should I wait for my Hobby Lobby to get it in (I could work the first half of the squares).  Or, do I head to the Hobby Lobby 20 miles away (they do have several skeins).  If I do that, I can head next door to the specialty supermarket to buy some seafood (have a redfish recipe I want to try).  I'd have to go tomorrow since HL is closed on Sundays.  And I'll miss out on some overtime.

Like I said, it's a dilemma.

post-3656-0-84964300-1362183614_thumb.jpg

The square was designed by the legendary Rita Weiss, called "Rose Garden."  However, I'm not using her suggested colors of red, green and yellow.  Instead, I had a lot of "I Love This Yarn" sparkle yarn in Royalty Blue and Peacock Green in my stash.  However, I'm running low on the Peacock, and my local Hobby Lobby has it on backorder.

Dilemma.  Should I wait for my Hobby Lobby to get it in (I could work the first half of the squares).  Or, do I head to the Hobby Lobby 20 miles away (they do have several skeins).  If I do that, I can head next door to the specialty supermarket to buy some seafood (have a redfish recipe I want to try).  I'd have to go tomorrow since HL is closed on Sundays.  And I'll miss out on some overtime.

Love the colors...its looking good so far.

As far as your dilemma....I'd head on out to HL and to the specialty market. Everybody needs a little "me" time.

I am still plugging away at Kait's red/black afghan....I so do not like working with black, but she picked it so I'm stuck with it. I am on my last row of black in the 14 row section for the middle. I keep pausing in this section, because, well, did I mention I really don't like working with black???!!! I love black - it looks nice with most all colors, and makes other colors pop, but its so dark...makes it hard to see the stitches and slows me down, unless I'm under really good light.

I haven't gotten the ends woven in on the 5-10 pt star yet...thats another dreadful chore. Didn't somebody mention they had an endweaver2000 I could borrow??? Wouldn't it be nice if the hubby did the ends??? (wishful thinking that would never [ever] happen at our house!)

I'm on a roll! Finished this one this week. Used Charisma yarn (size 5) and an L hook. A little hard to see the colors.

post-21933-0-07606400-1362250017_thumb.jpg

As far as your dilemma....I'd head on out to HL and to the specialty market. Everybody needs a little "me" time.

I worked six hours today, then took my 4 year old granddaughter to HL and the specialty market (Jungle Jim's).  Got the yarn, so I should be OK for a while.  Needed the grandma/granddaughter interaction.  :manyheart

Love the colors...its looking good so far.

I agree-- did you end up going to HL and the specialty market?

ETA: Just saw your response after I posted the question. Glad you went to HL and the market!

I finished the baby ripple I was working on. So now the two blankets for my 2nd grandson are ready for his arrival--he's due Mar 14th..

This morning I started a baby blanket for my co-worker- her shower is the 29th- she's having a girl and I'm making the Tiramasu blanket

post-27163-0-46490000-1362331628_thumb.jpg

I was able to get some yarn and finish up two baby afghans last night and today.  The white with the pink trim is for my co-worker who is adopting a baby girl and the purple and white ripple will go to the pregnancy crisis center.

post-46668-0-63609500-1362331978_thumb.jpg

post-46668-0-68168100-1362332034_thumb.jpg

I was able to get some yarn and finish up two baby afghans last night and today.  The white with the pink trim is for my co-worker who is adopting a baby girl and the purple and white ripple will go to the pregnancy crisis center.

Both are very pretty!!!! I'm partial to the ripple!

Very pretty!  And you're right, that was a dillemma!

I finished the baby ripple I was working on. So now the two blankets for my 2nd grandson are ready for his arrival--he's due Mar 14th..

This morning I started a baby blanket for my co-worker- her shower is the 29th- she's having a girl and I'm making the Tiramasu blanket

Beautiful ripple blanket!

Both are really pretty.  I like the texture in the blanekt on the left.

Well....I have to take back what I said earlier....hubby asked if I had the afghan done for his mom (the 5-10 pt star ripple) and I said yep...all but weaving the ends. He then asked why I hadn't done it and I replied...cuz I don't like doing it but I will. He then said....what do you have to do...can I do it? Of course I said....sure you can! It's easy but just time consuming. He grabbed the needle....and said show me. I did....and he got it done! He loved doing it. Said he didn't mind doing that at all. I even got a "do you got another one I can do?" He said. I said SURE...so I pulled out kylee's and he got tthose all sewn in. I just can't believe it! Girls....I have fallen in love with hubby all over again!!

Well....I have to take back what I said earlier....hubby asked if I had the afghan done for his mom (the 5-10 pt star ripple) and I said yep...all but weaving the ends. He then asked why I hadn't done it and I replied...cuz I don't like doing it but I will. He then said....what do you have to do...can I do it? Of course I said....sure you can! It's easy but just time consuming. He grabbed the needle....and said show me. I did....and he got it done! He loved doing it. Said he didn't mind doing that at all. I even got a "do you got another one I can do?" He said. I said SURE...so I pulled out kylee's and he got tthose all sewn in. I just can't believe it! Girls....I have fallen in love with hubby all over again!!

I wish my husband would so in some ends. Or even take notice of my crochet. He tends to ignore it and call it knitting. :reyes

I'm on a roll! Finished this one this week. Used Charisma yarn (size 5) and an L hook. A little hard to see the colors.

attachicon.gif101_1196.JPG

Very nice and looks very warm.

Very pretty and fun colors for a baby.

Those are both very pretty.

Archived