2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi :waving

I took a couple of weeks off from crocheting, (needed a break) but I am back to working on my granny squares :)

I am using the Attic24 Summer Garden Granny square pattern. 

I have over 120 squares (ends woven in and everything)  not sure if I am going to add a border between the squares.

attachicon.gifIMGP0871.JPGattachicon.gifIMGP0897.JPG

I turned this to this!  :)

Fantastic!! I love that basket you have your balls in also! 

I finally got the afghan done for my boyfriend's nephew.  His BIL is a huge Florida Gators fan so I went with the team colors.  I've been working on this thing forever it seems.  Foot surgery and gallbladder surgery got in the way of a timely finish.  His nephew was born on 1/24 so it's only a tiny bit late.  :blush

This is the body of the afghan -

post-28827-0-95911600-1360613044_thumb.jpg

This is a close up of the border -

post-28827-0-64623800-1360613060_thumb.jpg

I finally got the afghan done for my boyfriend's nephew.  His BIL is a huge Florida Gators fan so I went with the team colors.  I've been working on this thing forever it seems.  Foot surgery and gallbladder surgery got in the way of a timely finish.  His nephew was born on 1/24 so it's only a tiny bit late.  :blush

attachicon.gifafghan1.jpg

attachicon.gifafghan2.jpg

Love that!! (Not particularly the colors - (Arkansas Razorbacks fan here lol) - but the stitches & border are great!!)

Well done!

Love that!! (Not particularly the colors - (Arkansas Razorbacks fan here lol) - but the stitches & border are great!!)

Well done!

Thank you!  Being an IU fan, I died a little inside each time I had to work on this one.  LOL.  The body is done in what I call "quick stitch".  It's a sc, ch 2, two dc in one chain.  Then, sc, ch2, two dc in the ch 2 space of the previous row.  The border is a modification of the border from Lion Brand's "Bright Stipes Baby Afghan".  It's one of my favs for when I'm working in more than one color.

I snapped a pic of my afghan but it's not very clear.  I am a lousy photographer, lol!  I started to work on a Marcelle afghan :)

I love that so far!  That's a fantastic color to work that pattern in methinks.

I took a couple of weeks off from crocheting, (needed a break) but I am back to working on my granny squares :)

I have over 120 squares (ends woven in and everything)  not sure if I am going to add a border between the squares.

That's going to look great once it's done.  Love the colors!

Love the colors!

That is going to be a pretty afghan.

It looks great.

It looks great!

Finished my second baby afghan for the year. I hope at least one of the two ladies on my list has a boy, or I will have an extra blanket to donate. I am pretty much out of baby yarn now, so I will have to work on an afghan that I have had going for a while that I want to donate to the homeless shelter.Finished my second baby afghan for the year. I hope at least one of the two ladies on my list has a boy, or I will have an extra blanket to donate. I am pretty much out of baby yarn now, so I will have to work on an afghan that I have had going for a while that I want to donate to the homeless shelter.

post-46668-0-99262200-1360799318_thumb.jpg

Wow everone has been busy  :)

I finished two

post-13221-0-45569900-1361039364_thumb.jpg

this is the http://lotsofcrochetstitches.blogspot.com/2012/03/tricolor-crochet-square-motif.html- tricolor square

I got the inspiration to use a self-striping yarn from the Mary Maxim catalog! I will probably use this again :manyheart

post-13221-0-22412600-1361039642_thumb.jpg

this is the child size Berry Blast Oreo afghan ,  I like it much better with a little less pink :eek

I have  two more started-- a little more boyish.

I find it hard to make afghans that would appeal to boys( odd since that was all I had)  but since he's 27 I have no idea what little boys like these days---- so I  will try to stay away from pink and flowers---

Loving all the afghans I've been seeing :yes \

Finally finished the baby afghan for my 2nd grandson who is due March 14th. It is the Ocean Waves Baby Afghan pattern from Lion Brand. I used Vanna's Choice Baby- colors Sweet Pea and Lamb and Vanna's choice Taupe

post-27163-0-85687100-1361124540_thumb.jpg

Wow everone has been busy  :)

I finished two

attachicon.gifpictures 365.jpg

this is the http://lotsofcrochetstitches.blogspot.com/2012/03/tricolor-crochet-square-motif.html- tricolor square

I got the inspiration to use a self-striping yarn from the Mary Maxim catalog! I will probably use this again :manyheart

attachicon.gifpictures 366.jpg

this is the child size Berry Blast Oreo afghan ,  I like it much better with a little less pink :eek

I have  two more started-- a little more boyish.

I find it hard to make afghans that would appeal to boys( odd since that was all I had)  but since he's 27 I have no idea what little boys like these days---- so I  will try to stay away from pink and flowers---

These are beautiful!

Finally finished the baby afghan for my 2nd grandson who is due March 14th. It is the Ocean Waves Baby Afghan pattern from Lion Brand. I used Vanna's Choice Baby- colors Sweet Pea and Lamb and Vanna's choice Taupe

Love this!

I really like it. With him being born in March, I'm sure his mom will like the greens (my daughter is a March baby).

I finally finished an afghan that I have been working on for about a year and a half. It is made with yarn that I bought at a yard sale and then didn't like. It is going to the homeless shelter on Saturday, and hopefully will find an owner who won't be picky about the colors.

post-46668-0-08196200-1361238791_thumb.jpg

These are all great!! I haven't made progress with the RR but I started my 6 year old an afghan that'll be made out of 20 8" squares in his colors of choice!!

Red black & White.. 

Once again - the colors don't show well, The lighting in my house was bad that day..

post-46820-0-11643100-1361282182_thumb.jpg

I will be alternating the squares.. There will be 10 that are red, black, red, white and 10 that are black, red, black, white.

I want to join in here too, if y'all don't mind. I have finished 1 lapghan for my parents and am working on a baby ghan at the moment. I also have a full size afhan that I have been working on for way too long so I hope to finish it soon too. I will post pics later on.

Great start! I love that pattern and have made quite a few of them. Once I finish the afghan I started for my grandson to be, I was thinking of making a RR for my boss's baby girl due in May. I have quite a bit of cream/pink/brown variegated yarn in stash and I'll mix that in to the blanket.

You're having another grandson?!?!  Since the Tote CAL fizzled, I haven't been in the same threads as you, so I hadn't heard the news - CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :hug

Nice blanket, Tanya!!!

Oh, a technology free weekend sounds great Nicole!!! I had a lot of time away from the computer during Hurricane Sandy - 10 days of no power- and I did get a lot of crocheting and reading done during that time!

Archived