2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

I am late joining, but would like to join. I am currently working on a corner to corner white baby afghan for a co-worker who is in the process of adopting a baby girl from China. The baby is alway a year old, and will probably be 18 months before she gets to the states, so I am making it a little bigger than normal. I also have two more to make this year, and I would love to make some more for charity. Hopefully I will keep up to date with this CAL.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am late joining, but would like to join. I am currently working on a corner to corner white baby afghan for a co-worker who is in the process of adopting a baby girl from China. The baby is alway a year old, and will probably be 18 months before she gets to the states, so I am making it a little bigger than normal. I also have two more to make this year, and I would love to make some more for charity. Hopefully I will keep up to date with this CAL.

Welcome!

I've had to put the baby afghan aside for some quick projects.  I hope to get a lot of crocheting time in during the Star Wars marathon my boyfriend and I have planned for the weekend.

I had a lady give me 7 skeins of yarn Sunday - she wasn't able to finish what she started because of her hands & her health. I've started it.. I hope to have it done by next Sunday..

It's RHSS Aran Fleck. I'm about 1/2-3/4 done so far..nothing fancy - just chained 135 - skipped 2 then HDC in each chain! Repeating that then I'll figure out some type of border!

post-46820-0-65234600-1360083772_thumb.jpg

Almost finished with my first afghan on the year, I just lack a pink border and won't be able to finish it till payday at the end of the month. I'm going to look through my stash and hope to find enough white to start the next one.

finished a couple over the weekend

post-13221-0-95068300-1360347025_thumb.jpg  I had a skein of Plum Fiesta-- discontinued for a decade now

but finally found another purple that looked OK with it ,although pastels are not my thing I figure some little girl will like it :)

the pattern started as  http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/baby-checks-blanket, but like everything I do  altered before the end

and

post-13221-0-14996800-1360347233_thumb.jpg Baby berry ( cookie ghan)  I have been making all the flavors of Oreo into afghans  - this one is Berry Blast, came out a bit more Intense than I imagined, I am making some color alterations for the  large sized one :wink

attachicon.gifpictures 364.jpg  I had a skein of Plum Fiesta-- discontinued for a decade now

but finally found another purple that looked OK with it ,although pastels are not my thing I figure some little girl will like it :)

the pattern started as  http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/baby-checks-blanket, but like everything I do  altered before the end

and

attachicon.gifpictures 363.jpg Baby berry ( cookie ghan)  I have been making all the flavors of Oreo into afghans  - this one is Berry Blast, came out a bit more Intense than I imagined, I am making some color alterations for the  large sized one :wink

Both are beautiful!

My sister in law is scheduled for being induced Monday at 7pm so I have until Tuesday or Wednesday to get that RR done!! Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?! I have approximately 1/4-1/2 of the mirage skein left and then I'll be done!!

I finished another baby blanket this morning. I'm posting two pics because the first shows the color better and the second shows the stitches better.

attachicon.gif101_1171.JPG       attachicon.gif101_1173.JPG

I really like that afghan.

I had a lady give me 7 skeins of yarn Sunday - she wasn't able to finish what she started because of her hands & her health. I've started it.. I hope to have it done by next Sunday..

It's RHSS Aran Fleck. I'm about 1/2-3/4 done so far..nothing fancy - just chained 135 - skipped 2 then HDC in each chain! Repeating that then I'll figure out some type of border!

attachicon.gifDSCN0557.JPG

Just goes to show, sometimes the simplest stitches are best for the yarn.  Its going to look great.

attachicon.gifpictures 364.jpg  I had a skein of Plum Fiesta-- discontinued for a decade now

and

attachicon.gifpictures 363.jpg Baby berry ( cookie ghan)  I have been making all the flavors of Oreo into afghans  - this one is Berry Blast, came out a bit more Intense than I imagined, I am making some color alterations for the  large sized one :wink

Both your afghans are lovely.  I did get a smile out of your "discontinued for a decade" remark.  I thought I was the only one who had old yarn.

I would love to join!  In joining last year I discovered that I LOVE to make afghans.  I just finished the aran hearts throw from the red heart website but I'm waiting until morning to get a pic for better light.

Not sure which afghan to start next...

and

Love your afghans. So pretty. Love the pink one so bright and cheerful. Will make some kids very happy. Are they for a specific charity? Oh and You got another one right here that keeps yarn forever. Family tradition i guess. I got some yarn that was granny's (great-grandma) from like the 70's or before. :eek  I guess that's why I'm drowning in :yarn  :help

I snapped a pic of my afghan but it's not very clear.  I am a lousy photographer, lol!  I started to work on a Marcelle afghan :)

That is really an attractive pattern. It looks like you have a lot done already, or is the border worked as part of the pattern?

That is really an attractive pattern. It looks like you have a lot done already, or is the border worked as part of the pattern?

It is finished, the border is worked only on the top and bottom.  I just couldn't get my camera to focus well.  When I tried to get a pic of the whole thing it would go blurry around the edges.  It's this pattern.

I snapped a pic of my afghan but it's not very clear.  I am a lousy photographer, lol!  I started to work on a Marcelle afghan :)

That's gorgeous, worked in panels???   I am too ADD to do  an afghan  in rows, I get bored and quit-- that's why I stick to squares- I can say it's finished at the end of each square :devil

@ krazycrocheter

I send them to the Pine ridge OB unit or to  the "Handmade Especially for You " chapter in Colorado( my home town) where they are taken to the YWCA womens shelter  or to UC Davis Pediatric Infusion center( cancer treatment)

It is finished, the border is worked only on the top and bottom.  I just couldn't get my camera to focus well.  When I tried to get a pic of the whole thing it would go blurry around the edges.  It's this pattern.

Thanks for the link. It's a gorgeous afghan.

That's gorgeous, worked in panels???   I am too ADD to do  an afghan  in rows, I get bored and quit-- that's why I stick to squares- I can say it's finished at the end of each square :devil

I have a few afghans in progress that use squares. I don't know why I start them though. I detest sewing them together.

Actually, I start them for the same reason you do, it's easy to measure progress.

Nope, not worked in panels it's done in rows.  But the variety keeps your attention and helps prevent boredom.

I finally finished the Mirage & Spring Green RR for my nephew - But don't have any pictures yet - I'll have to charge my camera over night & will post some pictures after church tomorrow! It turned out well & I didn't have much Mirage yarn left at all. 

Here it is. I had MAYBE 5 inches of the Mirage yarn left out of 2 skeins!! 

I would have never paired these colors together - but DH picked the Spring Green to go with the Mirage. Turned out well, I think.

post-46820-0-19614800-1360536272_thumb.jpg

I finished another baby blanket this morning. I'm posting two pics because the first shows the color better and the second shows the stitches better.

attachicon.gif101_1171.JPG       attachicon.gif101_1173.JPG

How pretty! What pattern is it? I've never see one like that before. I'm impressed with 22 afghans last year--a lot of crocheting!

I've done 4 baby blanket this year and have the yarn and patterns for 2 more. First grandchild is due this year.

I need to dig out and finish (join the motifs and make some fairly elaborate tassels) an afghan that I promised myself I would get finished last year.

There's also a sampler type afghan I started last year, but only got 3-4 squares done; and I have the yarn for another.

Hi :waving

I took a couple of weeks off from crocheting, (needed a break) but I am back to working on my granny squares :)

I am using the Attic24 Summer Garden Granny square pattern. 

I have over 120 squares (ends woven in and everything)  not sure if I am going to add a border between the squares.

post-50230-0-90912400-1360558490_thumb.jpgpost-50230-0-48610200-1360558555_thumb.jpg

I turned this to this!  :)

Archived