2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone!  It worked up really quickly.  

I purchased the pattern on Etsy--the Rainbow Afghan http://www.etsy.com/listing/127004214/pattern-for-rainbow-afghan?ref=shop_home_active .  Turns out I already had the stitch pattern at home from another project :reyes, but oh well. :P    

I made this one using Red Heart Soft in Navy, Teal, Turquoise, Waterscape, and Seafoam.

Hello everyone! The Into the Woods baby afghan is slowly taking shape! So far all I have is sky and tree trunks, but there is a lot more to come! I just thought I would share what I have so far! 

post-67075-0-64039200-1366432258_thumb.jpg

Making progress on the rainbow! It's very bad; I'm definitely procrastinating on some gifts in order to work on this. Color is so fun, though!

That is beautiful! I can understand shunning other projects to work on this.

May I join this CAL?  Today I started the Ribbon Afghan, using 13 (14?) different colors of Red Heart Super Saver.  I haven't got enough on it for a good picture yet and besides, it's getting dark.  I'll try to photograph it in the next couple of days.  I'm already regretting making it quiiiite so big, but... we'll see how it goes. 

ETA: I decided while it's still early in the crocheting to make it smaller.  I cut about a foot off the end (it works up vertically) and now have an afghan going which is average size instead of an Afghanus giganticus.

Wow...that is all I've got say. I am looking forward to seeing the pics.

Hello everyone! The Into the Woods baby afghan is slowly taking shape! So far all I have is sky and tree trunks, but there is a lot more to come! I just thought I would share what I have so far! 

Looking forward to seeing how this ends up!

Well, my Red Heart just didn't work up as nicely as I thought it would.  Long story into short: I started over with three colors of I Love This Yarn.  I'm using their Greybeard (a medium grey), Terra Cotta and Light Peach, and I like it so far.  Because it will be very plain in these stripes I'm thinking ahead to a nice border for it for accent.  Every color combo I've considered has had grey as an anchor because my daughter's sofa is grey.  I'll try to get a picture posted in the next couple of days.

I have a couple of afghan WIP's that I need to get going on so I would love to join you here!

VVS Lapghan - a little more than half done

Granny Square Lapghan- needs to be assembled

I'll come back if I find more!

LadiBug329 Where can I get a copy of Rose Reds 12 point ripple pattern? Thanks!  Lorraine

This kylee's so far. It IS RoseReds 12 point round ripple pattern.

IMAG0267_zpsa3a80886.jpg

And a baby blanket i did a couple week's ago. Just have to weave in ends. The pic doesn't show the colors well, but it is bernat baby sport in pink and white and the dark is a gray mystery yarn from big lots.

IMAG0265_zps863ff845.jpg

And i started this baby blanket mostly in mystery yarn I bought at auction. Well sorta mystery...its older yarn from the 80s that had been kept in plastic totes.

IMAG0266_zps1c6a751c.jpg

I thought it was about time to update since I haven't in a few weeks...

This is my Flowers In The Snow squares...im up to 102. I'm using 16 different colors plus the white. I haven't started on the pink ones yet.Still have a ways to go but they sure are additive...cant stop at just one :D

post-3370-0-92557700-1366666706_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone!  It worked up really quickly.  

I purchased the pattern on Etsy--the Rainbow Afghan http://www.etsy.com/listing/127004214/pattern-for-rainbow-afghan?ref=shop_home_active .  Turns out I already had the stitch pattern at home from another project :reyes, but oh well. :P    

I made this one using Red Heart Soft in Navy, Teal, Turquoise, Waterscape, and Seafoam.

Its so pretty....can you tell me if this is found in a book...I have a ton of books and I was hoping I have it!!

Thanks!!

Shaylen, They are so pretty. It is going to be beautiful.  I really wish I could sew squares together.

Thank you...I really like doing them...the pattern is a join as you go but I like to whip stitch better.

I'm finally posting the first ever Round Ripple I've made!  I finished it a while back, and should have taken some pictures of it on a darker background... but it's already gone to the recipient so that's not going to happen now.  LOL

post-25611-0-48227600-1366865760_thumb.jpg

I thought it was about time to update since I haven't in a few weeks...

This is my Flowers In The Snow squares...im up to 102. I'm using 16 different colors plus the white. I haven't started on the pink ones yet.Still have a ways to go but they sure are additive...cant stop at just one :D

attachicon.giffits.jpg

I like those squares a lot. It's going to be a beautiful afghan. I am tempted to try this pattern as a scrap buster, but I really don't like sewing squares together, and I already have four unfinished afghans made of squares.

I'm finally posting the first ever Round Ripple I've made!  I finished it a while back, and should have taken some pictures of it on a darker background... but it's already gone to the recipient so that's not going to happen now.  LOL

This is very pretty. My first RR was white too.

Its so pretty....can you tell me if this is found in a book...I have a ton of books and I was hoping I have it!!

Thanks!!

No, it was my ex-mother-in-law who used this stitch pattern for a lot of her afghans.  My ex sister-in-law sent it to me.  Where she originally found it I don't know.  If you click on the "..." in my post it should take you to the Etsy seller where I bought the pattern.

Beautiful afghans being made! Congrats, Melani on finishing your first RR. You'll find you can't stop at just one, I bet! :lol

I bet you're right!  LOL  I already have my next one swirling around in my head... Thank you!!  :hug

This is very pretty. My first RR was white too.

Thank you!!  :)  It was fun, and I like how it turned out... the recipient really likes it, too!  :hug

Archived