2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

Crissie- I love all your afghans!

On the RR's I usually make I use white to break up the colors, but the gal whose baby girl to be I was making this for loves 'dusty' colors so decided to use Vanna's Choice silver heather colorway instead. I like how it turned out and most importantly, she loved it!

My step daughter is expecting again and just found out she is having another boy! So I'll be making another baby blanket!  Just haven't decided on the pattern yet.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On angels, I think I started with a ch 48 then did 3dc in 1 st, skip 3 and repeated to the end. The ends look like I did 3 dc, ch 3 3x to make the corner and then did the other side of the chain.

I'm not much on pattern following or paying attn to what I did once I get the concept. If it works out....great...if not, then ill look at a pattern and see how it supposed to be done. On hers I wanted it longer than what the patterns I found were

I've finally started an afghan!!  Actually, two... :)  I'll be posting a photo soon (I hope)...

Love all the beautiful pieces I've seen so far...

:hug

Hi Ladies

Such pretty afghans....thought it was time to post what I have done so far! This ripple is about half way so its getting there and the flowers in the snow I just started....making the squares is very addicting...cant seem to stop :P

King Size Ripple and Flowers in the Snow!!

post-3370-0-21019900-1365615361_thumb.jpg

post-3370-0-58250400-1365615383_thumb.jpg

Lynn- I love your blankets- and that owl blanket is just too cute for words!!!

Shaylen- The ripple is gorgeous and I love the flowers in the snow squares you've got done- the colors are so pretty together!!!!

Melani- Can't wait to see pics of what you are working on. I'm finishing up a shawl for me, then going to start another baby blanket- not sure which pattern or colors yet- it's for my step-grandson to be due in early fall!

two more to add

this baby blanket

attachicon.gifpictures 258.jpg

and this - I saw the pattern and had to buy it-

attachicon.gifpictures 260.jpg

everone has been so busy lately  great work  all

ripples hmmm

Those are adorable baby afghans.

Hi Ladies

Such pretty afghans....thought it was time to post what I have done so far! This ripple is about half way so its getting there and the flowers in the snow I just started....making the squares is very addicting...cant seem to stop :P

Those are going to be beautiful afghans.

Hi Ladies

That is a great looking ripple, and those squares are nice too.

I was able to finish another baby afghan. This one is white and a denim blue ripple. It is a little smaller than I usually make them, but I think it is still cute. I started out the year with three baby blankets to make, and didn't know the gender of two of the babies. Turns out they are both girls. I guess this blue one will go to the pregnancy crisis center.

post-46668-0-73531700-1365732725_thumb.jpg

Right now I am working on a baby afghan for my daughter! It is coming together so well! It is from the current issue of Crochet Today magazine and it is the Into the Woods blanket! I'll be posting pictures really soon.

Hi Ladies

Are you a fan of the new Teen Wolf that's on MTV?  My daughter loves that show!  I noticed your profile picture is Derek... LOL  Can't wait to see the finished products... :hug

I was able to finish another baby afghan. This one is white and a denim blue ripple. It is a little smaller than I usually make them, but I think it is still cute. I started out the year with three baby blankets to make, and didn't know the gender of two of the babies. Turns out they are both girls. I guess this blue one will go to the pregnancy crisis center.

very pretty!

I have 2 afghans to report. Both are baby/lapghan size. The first one was made using the Lacy Round Ripple pattern from Ravelry and Homespun yarn. The second is just a 12dc-st round using Yarn Bee Sherpa Blend.

post-21933-0-86443800-1366064061_thumb.jpg     post-21933-0-96328100-1366064188_thumb.jpg

May I join this CAL?  Today I started the Ribbon Afghan, using 13 (14?) different colors of Red Heart Super Saver.  I haven't got enough on it for a good picture yet and besides, it's getting dark.  I'll try to photograph it in the next couple of days.  I'm already regretting making it quiiiite so big, but... we'll see how it goes. 

ETA: I decided while it's still early in the crocheting to make it smaller.  I cut about a foot off the end (it works up vertically) and now have an afghan going which is average size instead of an Afghanus giganticus.

May I join this CAL?  Today I started the Ribbon Afghan, using 13 (14?) different colors of Red Heart Super Saver.  I haven't got enough on it for a good picture yet and besides, it's getting dark.  I'll try to photograph it in the next couple of days.  I'm already regretting making it quiiiite so big, but... we'll see how it goes. 

ETA: I decided while it's still early in the crocheting to make it smaller.  I cut about a foot off the end (it works up vertically) and now have an afghan going which is average size instead of an Afghanus giganticus.

Looking forward to seeing your afghan.

Looking forward to seeing your afghan.

Thank you, Cindy.  I've waffled all over the place with colors but I think I've finally settled down to the six to use.  I asked my daughter what she wanted but she just said she "likes all colors" and wouldn't give me any direction, and I'm really wishing I had seen her new house already.  The colors I ended up with are dark grey (her sofa is grey), teal, gold, coral, sage, and delicate soft white.  To my eye, at least, they look very good together.  I hope in an afghan they still do.  Maybe I can later do some crocheted wall hangings to kind of pull it all into a unified scheme.  (She tends to just let decorating go and not worry about it all.)

Well.  I'm not used to the new C'ville, it's obvious.  I was going to edit what I was replying to down to the exact phrase, which I could do, but once my cursor was in the quote box I couldn't get it out.  So odd.  :think

Anyway, thank you for saying you think the colors will work.  They look great to me but you know how it is... doubts when doing it for someone else.

Archived