2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been around in a while, really busy. But I was able to finish a pink and white baby blanket. I am still waiting to find out the gender of two friends' babies. It will go to one of them or to the pregnancy crisis center. I plan to make booties to match.

post-46668-0-90023200-1364680555_thumb.jpg

I haven't been around in a while, really busy. But I was able to finish a pink and white baby blanket. I am still waiting to find out the gender of two friends' babies. It will go to one of them or to the pregnancy crisis center. I plan to make booties to match.

Beautiful afghan

What stitch pattern is that, Tanya? It's gorgeous; I love the texture you made in there!

Jessica- Love the RR!! I finished one this week and gave it to my co-worker at her baby shower today--that and a Tiramasu blanket

Love the colors of that RR! Beautiful :)

Finished this one today. It took so long (okay only about a month & a half..but still) & was boring with no color changes lol...

post-46820-0-41247900-1364693899_thumb.jpg  

& here's a close up of the stitches.. (It was done in all HDC)  post-46820-0-71677300-1364694357_thumb.jpg

Now I need to start on one my mom gave me yarn for - She gave me green & white - Those are our school colors - but I am lost on a pattern!! 

This is the Prism Rippple kit available from Herrschners. I made it a bit wider and longer - had to order one extra skeins of the variegated color.

post-21933-0-65899700-1364745587_thumb.jpg

Very pretty. That's one of my favorite baby blanket patterns, I can make it work for discontinued yarn that I buy on clearance.. I make it bigger until I'm nearly halfway through the yarn and then I start decreasing. If I decide I'm ambitious enough to border the blanket, I use a contrasting yarn.

I am workinh on a scrap afghan. Well actually I used up all the scraps I could find. So I'll have to wait till I have more. Oh I have another ghan I'm working on. Forgot about it. Its green and blue varigated. Will post pic sometime this week or next.

I doubt I will ever get through my scraps!

Love the colors of that RR! Beautiful :)

Finished this one today. It took so long (okay only about a month & a half..but still) & was boring with no color changes lol...

attachicon.gifDSCN0803.JPG  

& here's a close up of the stitches.. (It was done in all HDC)  attachicon.gifDSCN0804.JPG

Now I need to start on one my mom gave me yarn for - She gave me green & white - Those are our school colors - but I am lost on a pattern!! 

The afghan turned out well, but I would be bored too. If I do something simple like that, I prefer that it at lest be in a brighter color. Although I do like that nice neutral look.

This is the Prism Rippple kit available from Herrschners. I made it a bit wider and longer - had to order one extra skeins of the variegated color.

attachicon.gif101_1209.JPG

This is just WOW! That is a new pattern to me, and I really like it. Looks like a ton of work went into this one.

Jessica- Love the RR!! I finished one this week and gave it to my co-worker at her baby shower today--that and a Tiramasu blanket

I just saw this RR on Lion Brand's page on facebook!! I saw it pop up on my feed when I refreshed a few minutes ago! All right, imanurse! :D

attachicon.gif101_1209.JPG

That is a really neat design concept. Have to tuck it away in the file with all the other design concepts I like!

I just saw this RR on Lion Brand's page on facebook!! I saw it pop up on my feed when I refreshed a few minutes ago! All right, imanurse! :D

That is a really neat design concept. Have to tuck it away in the file with all the other design concepts I like!

I was so surprised when I saw it pop up on FB!!! My co-worker loved it and said the colors were perfect- she is not into the typical 'baby colors'

I thought I had posted it here, but I've been so busy at work, I probably forgot so here it is

ETA Ok, now I'm really losing my mind :lol  Just went back to read up on the posts and saw that I did already post a picture. Think I need more coffee! :lol

post-27163-0-84266100-1365248193_thumb.jpg

That looks almost like the one I started 2 yrs ago for kylee. Still have a few more rows to add. I really like the gray to break up the colors. Love bright colors! Awesome! I also saw it on lb's fb post. I think i used rosereds pattern.

Here is progress so far ...

Angels: originally started with 4 grannys in the center and rows of ea colr around, but didnt like the squareness of it....so I frogged it and started over. The middle is 2 strand of lightweight yarn, white and a purple blend from yarn bee

IMAG0262_zps38b6ecc6.jpg

This kaitlyns so far...will pick up the red for the middle and finish with black. Ends will be opposite

colors

IMAG0263_zpseb6dc169.jpg

This kylee's so far. It IS RoseReds 12 point round ripple pattern.

IMAG0267_zpsa3a80886.jpg

And a baby blanket i did a couple week's ago. Just have to weave in ends. The pic doesn't show the colors well, but it is bernat baby sport in pink and white and the dark is a gray mystery yarn from big lots.

IMAG0265_zps863ff845.jpg

And i started this baby blanket mostly in mystery yarn I bought at auction. Well sorta mystery...its older yarn from the 80s that had been kept in plastic totes.

IMAG0266_zps1c6a751c.jpg

I was so surprised when I saw it pop up on FB!!! My co-worker loved it and said the colors were perfect- she is not into the typical 'baby colors'

I thought I had posted it here, but I've been so busy at work, I probably forgot so here it is

ETA Ok, now I'm really losing my mind :lol  Just went back to read up on the posts and saw that I did already post a picture. Think I need more coffee! :lol

Yep, that's how I recognized it. Refreshed my fb feed and my eyes popped and I went "Hey, I know that afghan!" I almost posted "Hey, I know her!!!" on the comments I was so excited. :lol

LadiBug, I love the pictures you posted today! Angel's and Kaitlyn's afghans are my favourites. I was trying to make my rainbow-ghan come out like Angel's, but I didn't think very hard when I started it - five units by 3 units makes a nice rectangle, but by the time you get up to 17 x 19 (where I am now) it looks pretty much square! Ah well, it'll still look pretty with the colors. I'm on my second purple now and I'll probably post progress when I'm done with that. I want the next color to be a dark rose my mom found in her stash that she said I could use and it'll be a few weeks before I can get it from her.

Archived