2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

I am starting this as a yearly thread since everyone enjoyed it last year.

There aren't really any rules. Just share any afghan you are working on. This is a way for us to share our work without working on specific things.

I even put a line in my signature to show how many afghans I've completed!

I hope you will all enjoy the fun!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like alot of fun. I want to make a couple of gingham afghans,a crocheted wedding ring afghan. Maybe a afghan for me. Not sure about that yet. I have so many things swimming around in my head that I want to crochet. Just can't pick which ones to do first. I'd like to also make my nephews graphghan and one for my mom.

I'm back!! Thanks for setting this up, Braxxi!

Happy 2013!!!!

Right off the bat, I have 3 baby afghans that I have to make: 2 for my 2nd grandson who is due to arrive mid- March and one for my boss's baby to be due early May.

Hi everyone! I have two WIP afghans that I need to complete, a picture afghan I want to make for my daughter's birthday (have never made one before) and another very special afghan I want to make this year. I don't know how often I will be able to check in, but I hope to be able to participate a little bit. :)

I currently am not working on any, but I'll be starting a new one later this week I believe. I have so many pieces of skeins laying around in my bedroom yarn box, so I'll probably start on a scrap ripple!

Mini-afghans? I make a lot of lapghans for charity, so I'll join this one. I have two underway now, one about finished, one just started, both 14 point round ripples, my favorite pattern. I'm going to make mostly, if not all round ripples this year. I'm determined to use down the stash, and round ripples are great for those. If I run short of a color, I can add another and it's still symmetrical. My kind of pattern!

I'm back as well. I'm hoping to finish at least four afghan Ufos this year, actually, make that five.

63 squares afghan

Log cabin afghan

HDC double strand afghan for grandson

Friendship squares afghan

Learn to knit afghan

There are probably more in all those boxes and bags sitting around in my sewing room.

Started the "Lavender Lace Afghan" I got from Herrschnerrs back in 2008. :lol

I think I am going to start on a blanket & do one square a month - so 12 squares total - and have each square represent something for each month. (I am sure there is a name for an afghan like that - but I just don't know yet lol.

I think I am going to start on a blanket & do one square a month - so 12 squares total - and have each square represent something for each month. (I am sure there is a name for an afghan like that - but I just don't know yet lol.

This sounds like a super cool idea. Maybe I will try this too, but wouldn't it be great if I did three of these for my younger kids and gave them to them for Christmas this year - kind of a "Your year in review" type of thing!?! :think

This sounds like a super cool idea. Maybe I will try this too, but wouldn't it be great if I did three of these for my younger kids and gave them to them for Christmas this year - kind of a "Your year in review" type of thing!?! :think

That would be great!! And it shouldn't be hard to do 3 of them, because that would be 3 squares a month!! I might have to steal this idea!! I'll have 3 kids by Christmas also :)

I have a couple of planned afghans that I am getting excited to start scarves are getting old :P so I think I will join!

Just sent off for some yarn for a "black Diamond Prism" afghan, there is a kit from Mary Maxim, but I already have the square pattern so I will use the photo and work on something close, already made some modifications in my sample square.

My curse, I always seem to need to make changes------:hook

That would be great!! And it shouldn't be hard to do 3 of them, because that would be 3 squares a month!! I might have to steal this idea!! I'll have 3 kids by Christmas also :)

Congrats! I really think I am going to do this. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea, and for my youngest January is easy. He is about to turn seven so either a square with the number 7 or a birthday cake with seven candles or something similar... have to see what I can find. For the fourteen year old and the sixteen year old it will be a bit more difficult but I will figure something out! :)

Hi, I'd like to join the group. I had only planned to make one afghan this year for my niece. But then my DD requested a new afghan "without holes" as the one she has is "too drafty". And I found out a couple of friends are expecting babies or grandbabies so I will need to make some baby afghans. I also make lapghans for a local nursing home.

The afghan I have in progress for my niece is a graph/picture afghan of a dog.

I started the first afghan of 2013 last night. I'm making the "Ocean Waves Baby Blanket" from Lion Brand for my grandson to be.

I'm using colors to match the nursery- Vanna Baby Sweet Pea, Lamb and Taupe.

I have at least two Square of the Month Afghans from previous years that I never finished, a Sweetheart Ripple that I'm probably going to size for a Twin sized bed, and an afghan that I'm still deciding on a pattern for that I promised to make for my housemate to do. I have yarn for all of them, so that should help me with my stashbusting too.

I just started a Round Ripple using This pattern for a friend to give to her daughter who is due in May with a little girl. She wanted pink camo - so I'm doing pink camo & white (with her approval.) LOVE doing RR's! They're so quick & easy.

Only 4 rounds in - but I'll get a bunch further tonight!

post-46820-135897795938_thumb.jpg

I just started a Round Ripple using This pattern for a friend to give to her daughter who is due in May with a little girl. She wanted pink camo - so I'm doing pink camo & white (with her approval.) LOVE doing RR's! They're so quick & easy.

Only 4 rounds in - but I'll get a bunch further tonight!

Great start! I love that pattern and have made quite a few of them. Once I finish the afghan I started for my grandson to be, I was thinking of making a RR for my boss's baby girl due in May. I have quite a bit of cream/pink/brown variegated yarn in stash and I'll mix that in to the blanket.

Great start! I love that pattern and have made quite a few of them. Once I finish the afghan I started for my grandson to be, I was thinking of making a RR for my boss's baby girl due in May. I have quite a bit of cream/pink/brown variegated yarn in stash and I'll mix that in to the blanket.

I made one last year for a cousin who was having a daughter - and I did it the colors you just said - came out BEAUTIFUL!! I called it a "Napolean" blanket lol. It reminded me of the ice cream!

Archived