2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

I just started a Round Ripple using This pattern for a friend to give to her daughter who is due in May with a little girl. She wanted pink camo - so I'm doing pink camo & white (with her approval.) LOVE doing RR's! They're so quick & easy.

Only 4 rounds in - but I'll get a bunch further tonight!

Great start. Love those colors.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am jumping in on this 1 too, I have 12 rows started on 1 of my granddaughters afghan, my afghan goal for 2013 is 5 at least...maybe hubby 1

#1. Tyson/age 7...requests all colors including a row of camouflage, just like yours with no holes, mine is a huge granny square, and he wont listen to me about the holes, LOL

#2 Emma/5, afghan/wants a chevron riple with hot pink and bikini in it

#3 Zoey/2 afghan colors lime green, hot pink and varigated.

#4 Noah/6 wants batman afghan a batman doll (I can't see any loops in the black crocheting, vision I guess so this will be interesting.

#5 Wesyn/3...no clue colors yet or pattern

I haven't finished an afghan yet, but wanted to show you some progress. I am making the granny stripe afghan from Lucy at Attic 24. This is the first color section, 17 colors, two rows of each color.

Oh wow!! that is soooo pretty!!!! I love the colors! :manyheart

In don't know if it counts, but I finally finished my Fence Rail afghan from Crochet World mag Aug 2012'.

I got the squares 3/4 done last summer , then they sat until New Year's when I finished the last pattern color, then sat again until this weekend when I made myself finish. I know now what it is about side to side squares that I dislike-- there is not an even number of stitches on all sides and I fail miserably at the " evenly spaced stitches across the sides"

here is a pic of the square

post-13221-135897796661_thumb.jpg

In don't know if it counts, but I finally finished my Fence Rail afghan from Crochet World mag Aug 2012'.

I got the squares 3/4 done last summer , then they sat until New Year's when I finished the last pattern color, then sat again until this weekend when I made myself finish. I know now what it is about side to side squares that I dislike-- there is not an even number of stitches on all sides and I fail miserably at the " evenly spaced stitches across the sides"

here is a pic of the square

Thats really nice!

I haven't worked on any of the 3 afghans I should have today. I've been having contractions on and off all day today (which isn't good - I still have 11 weeks for her to bake.) I've laid around since I got home from taking my son to school. I'll probably pick up a hook & one of them tonight sometime.

I found at Goodwill a wool afghan that someone shrank. Beautiful creamy mitered triangle squares. Because of the shrinkage it is just a touch small. I am in the process of adding a border. It never had one to start with and by adding just aa couple inches it should be perfect. I'm going with one shade darker to start and one shade darker than that to finish. I'll need your support just to get through the first round of border!

I'll see if I can't get a good picture of the before and, when I finish, the after.

The first border row is just as bad as I thought it would be. I am making progress, but very slowly as our latest dog likes to lay across my work as soon as I get settled in to start. Evn if it is just five minutes here, ten minutes there, I will get this row done.:hook

Got my first one done for this year! This is the Lavender Lace kit I got from Herrschnerr's back in 2008. This is on my queen-sized bed.

post-21933-135897797379_thumb.jpg

Got my first one done for this year! This is the Lavender Lace kit I got from Herrschnerr's back in 2008. This is on my queen-sized bed.

[ATTACH]61876[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!

I picked up the baby blanket I'm making last night and got several rows done. I've been practicing learning to knit and had put the blanket down for over a week.

Love the granny stripe LegalWoman17!! I've made 2- such mindless, beautiful fun!!!

Oh my, you ladies do make decisions hard. So many beautiful items and color combinations. I do love looking at your pictures. I think I have changed my mind about 20 times on what I will do next just from looking at others..

This sounds like fun. I would like to be in on it. I have some unfinished afghans that I need to finish up and am currently working on some more baby afghans. Here is an afghan that I made for my eleventh great grandchild, Max, who was born on 9-11-12. post-4182-0-06325100-1359436268_thumb.jpg

Archived