2013 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivered!

badrhinogillett

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to only get 4 ghans done.  It's been an odd year.  I lost my crochet mojo (as I stated before)... between recovering from surgery, losing my job, finding a new one, training for a marathon and my father's brain tumor.. crochet took a back seat.  My resolution for 2013 is to crochet more!

post-2886-0-86826300-1385953510_thumb.jpg

54 hats from my mom (mostly for the teens) as well as 3 scarfs and 1 knit elephant.... ok, I just went to post the picture of that stuff and it's no longer on the camera and isn't on the computer either... I'm not sure what I did... but you'll have to trust me that they are adorable.  She did a few monster hats, lots of football hats - tons of cute stuff.

So, that makes the total 70 ghans  62hats 2 booties, and 3 scarfs.

My old co-worker gets donations of knitted items from members of her church.  She lives 45 miles away from me and I've emailed her to see if I can swing by and pick up her items when I head to the hospital.  When I get those, I will update the totals.

Thank you to everyone for your donations this year.  Your support of this project means the world to me - and the comfort you are giving a family in desperate times is beyond what I'm capable of relaying.  Just know that while the families will never meet or know you, they will also never ever forget your generosity. 

Dropped off the afghans today.  They were thrilled!  So far, they hadn't received any donations this year for the NICU and were so excited that these would be part of what Santa brings to the babies.

Thank you again everyone for your generosity.  I truly appreciate it.

I'll start a new thread after Christmas.

Dropped off the afghans today.  They were thrilled!  So far, they hadn't received any donations this year for the NICU and were so excited that these would be part of what Santa brings to the babies.

Thank you again everyone for your generosity.  I truly appreciate it.

I'll start a new thread after Christmas.

Thanks for providing the update and letting us know how the delivery went. It's always so fun to hear how things ended up on these year-long drives. Best wishes and thank you again for all you do for the little babies at the NICU. :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived