2013 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivered!

badrhinogillett

Kathryn - Here is a Fill-in Granny blanket I finished last night. I'll be shipping this one and another blanket I crocheted to you this week.

Thanks again for all you do for these precious babies. :hug

8535994364_7a5fc578d8_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Somehow I haven't gotten any of the posts that are up after my last one.  I'm not sure why - I'll check my settings.

Sorry to have been absent for so long - life has been busy with a new job,  home improvement projects and just life in general.  Normally, when I'm stressed crochet- however, I haven't picked up my hook since my Dad was diagnosed with brain cancer 10 months ago.  I don't have it in me and I"m not sure why.... that's part of why I've been away.  I feel guilty soliciting donations from all of you generous people, when I haven't been doing my part.  Please accept my apologies.

I' got a package delivered yesterday and I"ll be posting pictures shortly!

These 8 ghans were sent by Shelley- they are so pretty... one of them is a basketweave pattern.  DOn't you use FPDC for that?  I'd rather stick a crochet hook in my eye than deal with that stitch!  Shelley did a wonderful job!

post-2886-0-01540500-1370993997_thumb.jpg

Going to try to post several pics in one post-

The frog ghan is from Aunt Bubbles.  Lovely little preemie ghan!

Cindy sent the granny ghan she posted earlier and the pretty rr next to it!

Debra (Legalwoman17) sent the 5 ghans plus a baby hat!

post-2886-0-03043600-1370994206_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-63216500-1370994292_thumb.jpg

post-2886-0-76469200-1370994408_thumb.jpg

So great to hear from you Kathryn. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been crocheting. I know how hard it is to have a parent ill. I hope you are doing okay and can begin to crocheting again when the time is right for you. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Cindy.  It's a roller coaster ride of emotions.  Right now, Dad's health is pretty good... it's his spirits that are really low and that is hard to watch.  I wish he could find some peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from camping - and I actually crocheted!  It's been almost a year since I had.  I'll post pics later, but I finished a UFO, got a crochet edge on a fleece ghan and did a RR.  Hopefully this means my mojo is back! :)

I have a two finished that I can send you if you will pm me your address. It may be a bit before I get to a post office, but first time I'm near one, I'll get them off to you.

Just got back from camping - and I actually crocheted!  It's been almost a year since I had.  I'll post pics later, but I finished a UFO, got a crochet edge on a fleece ghan and did a RR.  Hopefully this means my mojo is back! :)

What great news to hear from you. Hope you and the family are doing well and that you can enjoy getting your crochet mojo back.

I love it when I get my mojo back!  I can imagine you are excited about getting yours back.

I love to go camping.  Every time it amazes me that I can survive without being connected to everyone and everything.  I don't need internet to exist... camping is a good reminder of that.

Can't wait to see your pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone- it does feel good to be back crocheting.  I'm not getting notifications when this topic is being updated... anyone else having that problem?

I just signed up for the notifications and it let me know you posted.  I don't know what the deal is... 

Is it official?  Do you have your mojo back?  :yay

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We're getting close to the end of collection time.  If you can get me anything by Thanksgiving that would be great.  I'll be delivering the following week.  Anything that arrives after delivery will be the start of the 2014 drive!

We're getting close to the end of collection time.  If you can get me anything by Thanksgiving that would be great.  I'll be delivering the following week.  Anything that arrives after delivery will be the start of the 2014 drive!

Can't believe another year has already rolled around and it's almost delivery time again. Please share the totals and some delivery pictures if you get the chance. Thanks again for all you do for those sweet babies. :hug

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea why I'm not getting emails when this thread is updated.  Just came on to update you all and see that there are other posts.

Frantically looking for our camera chargers - as all 3 cameras we have in the house have dead batteries and none of the chargers I have go to these cameras!  I'll try to get pictures up before delivery.... I'll have totals for you soon.

I picked up 54 hats for the older kids from my mom.  So, I"ll add that to the totals too.

Just had my email to the lady I always coordinate drop off at the hospital with bounce back to me.  I've found the name of the new person and have left voicemail for her.  I'm hoping to drop off the afghans on Wednesday afternoon.

A few Black Friday's ago, I picked up all kinds of fleece for my mom - she's never used it and just gave it back to me.  I"ll turn it into afghans for the NICU for next year's delivery.

Archived