hhensler

Knitted Fingerless Gaming Gloves

My first attempt at knitting some fingerless gloves...no pattern, just winged it. I made a rectangle & sewed it up...poorly.

post-15073-135897794071_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897794074_thumb.jpg

Arent those cute!!!!

NICE!!

They look fine to me!!

Thanks...but I really don't like the seams. I think I need to invest in some circular knitting needles or learn to use dpns - any advice from more experienced knitters would be appreciated!

They look GREAT!!!!! :cheer

Those are very nice.

I think they look great! No advice since my goal in 2013 is to learn how to knit AND purl! LOL

I found a youtube video & learned the mattress stitch to sew up my side seams, so hopefully my next seams will look more tidy.

I think they look great!

Those are too small to be made on a circ without doing magic or (maybe) travelling loop. My boye circ set has too stiff of a cord for either to work well, but I like dpns. Just keep in mind they are sort of a pain for the first couple of rows until you get a bit of fabric started, so don't give up too soon.

Very pretty! WTG!

Practice! Practice! Practice! It does get much easier. I would try working with big dpn's and bulky yarn to begin with. In my experience, it makes it easier to learn to manage the needles. I also use tip protectors to keep my sttiches on the needles I'm not working. That does slow me down a bit, but it's better then having the stitches fall off the needle.

I suggest magic loop. Way faster than dpn's and pretty easy to learn. I will never use my dpns again (unless I use them as straights for small projects).

Those look great btw. :-)

Thanks for the tips - i am off to search how to videos for magic loop & dpns...I would like to learn both. Too long have I drooled over knitted socks/gloves that I can't make.