Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

welcome to all the newbies to this CAL!

MooMoo, love all you've done already - very smart and cute gifts!!!

I didn't hook at all today - my hands and wrists hurt really bad. All I can think of is the super cold weather and the long walk I took with one of our dogs....never had it this bad before....so I'll be back here tomorrow...

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do! It is the Dainty Textured Blanket on Ravelry. Although, I did have to place 3 sc in the corners for the border not to curl. Here's a pic of what it looked like all done:

[ATTACH]61427[/ATTACH]

Very very pretty!!!

These are my fish bag holders, one for my sister, one for my niece.

[ATTACH]61428[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]61429[/ATTACH]

These are rally cute!!!

Hi Terri,

I'm thinking of crocheting my daughter and her husband a wedding ring afghan for their 1st anniversary too. My first son in law, still seems surreal to me. Good Luck on all your crocheting..

I really want to do this!! Ok, lets see..... Two girls at work are having babies, and I have until March for one of them...First anniversary gift for my son and his wife, I would love to make a crocheted bedspread. Finish the scarf for my daughter's boyfriend.... doll clothes are a biggie in my house this year! So many projects, so little time!! I'm in Ladies!!

Love what all the pics! All the ideas... the items getting done already.... Awesome!

Okay... so I made a pair of mittens today.

Not sure these are going to be for anyone on my list... they were really my practice pair. I've had this pattern in my head for months and finally got it out onto a hook and yarn. :whew

But ... they do look like something my mom might like... so I'll think about it!

Anyway... now that I have the mittens made... I can make more that are actually on my list of gifts! :hook

post-18634-135897794668_thumb.jpg

HI dear Joanne:

Those in the photos are not hooded cowls they are just infinity scarfs that I placed like that in the photos so it can be seen that one can place them over your heads too...

hugs

Lillibet

Lillibet! Love all your projects. Do you have a pattern for the hooded cowl? I made quite a few infinity scarves and cowls that I gave as gifts this past Christmas!

I finally am getting my Christmas 2013 ami's posted on my blog.

Today we have Mr. and Mrs. Claus. I am so excited to have these done and in the attic for next year. You can see the pictures on my blog here.

Aw, so cute!!!!!

Tam, I love the mittens...and the yarn was a perfect choice for them.

Last year, I did sooooo well giving everyone something handmade. This year, well I guess I thought Christmas would wait for me to be ready, and it most certainly did NOT! So, the goal this year is once again to make a gift for everyone. Many will be crocheted, some sewn, some jewelry & some will be homemade spa products. Guess this is me diving in head first!

Ben's family (my inlaws):

Gale: jewelry set, spa basket, crocheted slippers or sewn purse/wallet

Dewayne: sewn firewood carrier, hat & scarf

Dale: crocheted slippers, hat & scarf

Angie: jewelry set, spa basket, crocheted slippers or sewn purse/wallet

Blake: hat & scarf, iPad sleeve

Tasha: jewelry set, spa basket, iPad sleeve

Nathan: crocheted slippers, hat & scarf

Alyssa: jewelry set, spa basket, crocheted slippers

Ashley: jewelry set & spa basket

My family:

Mom: pot holders, sewn apron, spa basket

Gary: crocheted slippers, hat & scarf

I don't talk to most of the rest of my immediate family, so that list was short! LOL

Ok now the BIG list of nieces & nephews & our kids

Jayden: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts, crocheted slippers

Bentley: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts, crocheted slippers

Hayden: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts, crocheted slippers

Nieces & Nephews:

Bri: Nook sleeve, crocheted slippers, jewelry set

Brooklyn: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts

Braydon: crocheted stuffed animal (to be determined)

Tristan: crocheted stuffed animal (to be determined)

Kymberly: crocheted slippers, hat, scarf & fingerless mitts

Levi: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts

Ok I think that is all, at least that I can think of right now. LOL OMGosh I have got to get busy!

Wow, I am super impressed by this list. Good luck with it!

Okay..... this is what I have so far................ I will be busy!!!

Christmas gifts for 2013

1. Mom ~ scarf – mittens – slippers

2. Dale ~ scarf – slippers

3. Len ~ football beanie – slippers

4. Julee ~ scarf – mittens – slippers

5. Spencer ~ football beanie - slippers

6. Samantha ~ owl ear warmer/headband - slippers

7. Melvin ~ Military Ripple’ghan - slippers

8. Jessica ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

9. Jayden ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

10. Christopher ~ Ripple’ghan - slippers

11. Paige ~ beanie –mittens - slippers

12. Landen ~ beanie – mittens – slippers

13. Mathew ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

14. Jamie ~ Ripple’ghan - slippers

15. Evan ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

16. Ryan ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

17. Hope ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

18. Patrick ~ slippers

19. Michael ~ slippers

20. David ~ slippers

21. Ken ~ beanie

:heart

:mug

Ooh, great list from you as we'll. I feel so unorganized...:D

Here's a link to Cindy's pattern on her blog. I made it in lilac and trimmed it in deep purple. I have a pic on my blog....somewhere:blush

http://gardeners-ramblings.blogspot.com/2008/12/peek-boo-baby-blanket.html

Thanks for the plug, Judy. That is an easy pattern. So are all my patterns, actually. I'm too lazy to design complex patterns.

Hi there and happy new year to all my crochet friends here:

I am gonna join this as i already have begun to make gifts for 2013 christmas giving...

I only crochet for my Niece as family member since no one else appreciate anything hand made in my family...

I taught my sister to crochet so I dont make anything for her either she makes crocheted gifts too...

Now since i dont have more family members to gift to I make gifts for Bank tellers at our local branch..

I make gifts for the local animal hospital where I adopted my Foxie and Munchkin...

I make gifts for girls at Registration dept in hospital and also for the lady at billing there at the hospital ,, then i crochet for postal master and the mail man too...

And then of course for some swaps and friends as well...

So here is what I have made already and putting them in rubbermaid totes so i know what i've done so far and what else i got to make..

So here are photos of what i'm making,,, I have decided i want to make Cowls and also infinity scarfs..... then kitchen stuff too....

enjoy and I hope it serves as inspirations to all....

hugs

Lillibet

Moomoo what a beautiful selection of your work. I'm sure your gifts are appreciated.

Love what all the pics! All the ideas... the items getting done already.... Awesome!

Okay... so I made a pair of mittens today.

Not sure these are going to be for anyone on my list... they were really my practice pair. I've had this pattern in my head for months and finally got it out onto a hook and yarn. :whew

But ... they do look like something my mom might like... so I'll think about it!

Anyway... now that I have the mittens made... I can make more that are actually on my list of gifts! :hook

[ATTACH]61483[/ATTACH]

These are really nice. Is that a variegated yarn? I love the colors and the way they turned out in the mittens.

Well, I am ashamed to have to report that I am still working on my grandsons birthday afghan. His birthday was last week Thursday. Luckily, I had a contingent plan! I guess the afghan can be for next Christmas or birthday.

The good thing about birthdays and Christmas... if you miss em this time, they come around again :lol

Thanks for the plug, Judy. That is an easy pattern. So are all my patterns, actually. I'm too lazy to design complex patterns.

I really loved that pattern...and those who saw the finished product raved about it. I can see making that pattern in so many wonderful colors!

I just finished attaching the last square for the brder of the baby ghan. I want to make a simple border, then will call it done.

Then on to the next project.

This guy didn't end up quite as I planned, but since the new owner is a Weebles fan, I think it will go over well next Christmas.

Santa

soooo cute!

I DO love the original Ami, too... ;)

I would like to join. I am currently working on a thread Raggedy Ann doll for my sister's birthday gift. I haven't thought past that yet.
Welcome!!! That sounds like a wonderful project!

.:: Hi Ho Friends.........................

How's everyones day going so far?

I'm still hangin' in Florida... enjoying the lovely day just lounging around... cleaning up the house here and there gettin' things done before we head out tomorrow for home.

I havent started on any of the items on my Christmas list yet... mostly because all my yarn is at home. :)

I did finish a scarf I worked on in the car on the way here.

its for charity.

post-18634-135897794744_thumb.jpg

And I made a dishcloth set to leave here.

post-18634-135897794741_thumb.jpg

I'm working on a baby boy blanket for my cousin right now.

catch up more later

have a great day

:heart

:mug

Archived